Holy Mackerel! Sabres Win Dahlin Lottery!

Randall Flagg

https://www.tsn.ca/iihf-suspends-swedish-players-coaches-for-wjc-ceremony-conduct-1.1074058

Dahlin suspended for 2 games at the upcoming WJC. He took off his silver medal and held it after Sweden lost in Buffalo this past year. Yup, I like him even more. Taking it off is fine, tossing it in the stands like Lias Andersson is not. Dahlin certainly is competitive though and Buffalo desperately needs that. 

Edited by Skurk Liger

https://www.tsn.ca/iihf-suspends-swedish-players-coaches-for-wjc-ceremony-conduct-1.1074058

Dahlin suspended for 2 games at the upcoming WJC. He took off his silver medal and held it after Sweden lost in Buffalo this past year. Yup, I like him even more. Taking it off is fine, tossing it in the stands like Lias Andersson is not. Dahlin certainly is competitive though and Buffalo desperately needs that. 

I'm sure he's crushed.  He never was going to play another WJC game.

Dahlin's head coach says his favorite trait is his personality.  Kid hates to loose and is ultra competitive.  Tries to win every battle and win everything he can.  Also a good student of the game and listens and learns quickly.  Hosts asked coach if he tells Rasmus to take it easy in practice but he doesn't listen.  Coach replied with 'everyday.'  Not just the immense physical gifts, sounds like the kid is a winner and constant student of the game.  We need that attitude in spades to enter the organization.

Dahlin's head coach says his favorite trait is his personality.  Kid hates to loose and is ultra competitive.  Tries to win every battle and win everything he can.  Also a good student of the game and listens and learns quickly.  Hosts asked coach if he tells Rasmus to take it easy in practice but he doesn't listen.  Coach replied with 'everyday.'  Not just the immense physical gifts, sounds like the kid is a winner and constant student of the game.  We need that attitude in spades to enter the organization.

one of the more notable things on his highlight reel is how PISSED he was when, on one play, he'd made 3 spectacular moves, but then could not finish with a goal. he slammed his stick into the boards, angrily jumped into the bench area, took a seat and put his head down in a rage.

one of the more notable things on his highlight reel is how PISSED he was when, on one play, he'd made 3 spectacular moves, but then could not finish with a goal. he slammed his stick into the boards, angrily jumped into the bench area, took a seat and put his head down in a rage.

Can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing honestly. 

could go either way, i guess.

if it can be properly harnessed, it will be a rare gift.

Totally agree. IMO its usually a good sign when he has fits over HIS play and not his team's. Means the kid knows he can be better and will probably put his nose to the grindstone until he does so.

Edit: never content with his own play, even though it was still a highlight reel. Always striving to be better. No doubt in my mind he harness' it like you say.

Edited by LikeEich

Can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing honestly. 

You know when me and brother were younger, we were pretty good in football.  ( we also played 3 games each weekend with age groups untill 4 years older)

But we got very angry, crying when we lost, we would walk up our home stairs 40 times and vent it all out.

I have no issues with Eichel or Dhalin getting pissed off like that little kid I was when losing, I want that.

You know when me and brother were younger, we were pretty good in football.  ( we also played 3 games each weekend with age groups untill 4 years older)

But we got very angry, crying when we lost, we would walk up our home stairs 40 times and vent it all out.

I have no issues with Eichel or Dhalin getting pissed off like that little kid I was when losing, I want that.

It's the difference between getting mad and pouting. Can you get mad and do something about it or are you going to pout like Jack?

So this maybe a bit creepy but I found the footage from a game Dahlin played in where he scored the 36 points in 5 games.  It really did happen.  Sure he's only 14 or 15 but looked amazing there.  PS you have to be really board to watch this lol.  He's #3 in white.  http://sports.livearena.com/Content/Index/34624

So this maybe a bit creepy but I found the footage from a game Dahlin played in where he scored the 36 points in 5 games.  It really did happen.  Sure he's only 14 or 15 but looked amazing there.  PS you have to be really board to watch this lol.  He's #3 in white.  http://sports.livearena.com/Content/Index/34624

In evaluating Dahlin, I find this of little to no value. Could you find a dangling Nathan Beaulieu scoring five goals in some game when he was 14?

In evaluating Dahlin, I find this of little to no value. Could you find a dangling Nathan Beaulieu scoring five goals in some game when he was 14?

I'm sure you could, but scoring 7 points per game for a (small) stretch against your peers is still incredible.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/dahlin-olympic-experience-was-great-for-my-development-1.1075321

Dahlin was interviewed on Leafs Lunch Today.

Said Buffalo is cool and he likes chicken wings

How did Leafs Lunch Today get an interview before we did?

Does not sound at all excited to be here :lol:

They ahhhhh yeahhhh play in the NHL. It's ahhhh yeahhh ahhhhhh cool place.

Edited by WildCard

How did Leafs Lunch Today get an interview before we did?

Does not sound at all excited to be here :lol:

They ahhhhh yeahhhh play in the NHL. It's ahhhh yeahhh ahhhhhh cool place.

He likes chicken wings at least.

"I've grown as a human."

Interesting.

Start at 2:05 of this video, maybe this is what he was talking about?

Edited by Brawndo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.