Buffalo Sabres at Tampa Bay Lightning, 2/28/18, 7:00pm, MSG

darksabre

Excellent.  More hockey.

Should be back from shopping for a new stick for my son in time to watch it.  He broke his last night and then proceeded to carry it around like it was a badge of honor.  I congratulated on him finally hitting a puck hard enough.  I'm such a loving parent. :)

BIL ...  :unsure:

+++++

A road game against a legit cup (you could say that they are on the cusp right now) contender.

I smell a huge victory in the works.  On the other hand, it could be the broccoli, potato and cheese thingie I had for lunch.

The Sabres for the win!!

GO SABRES!!

It's not out of the realm of possibility for a team to turn it around in the off-season and that's the hope I need to cling to (because why else would I be here?).

Before the team gets better JBOTs needs to get rid of at least 3 or 4 of the following players Moulson, Pommenville, Bogo, Larsson & Girgensons, the first three b/c of their contracts and the Larsson and Girgs because they've been here long enough for the suckitude to seep in deep and are unsalvagable on this team.

How completely disheartening is it that an expansion team has a deeper roster than we do? 

I realize that the rules were tilted to make sure they had a good chance, but man, they grabbed a roster full of middle six guys, and we drafted top 2 twice AND spent nearly to the cap to get FA's and we are on very opposite ends of the season standings.  WTF?

Why do people keep on saying that it's too late for the Sabres to make a "hockey trade"? 

The trade "deadline" is not a HARD deadline.  The teams can trade all they want. It's

just that the playoff teams cannot add to their rosters.   31 teams.  16 make it to playoffs.

15 teams left to make "hockey trades".

:wallbash:

I don't want to jinx it or anything, and it's still early in a career, but doesn't Sam Reinhart seem like one of those guys, similar to Pominville, who just plays in basically every game? Honestly, it's refreshing.

It's not even like he doesn't take big hits. He's just so, maybe deceptively, durable.

On track for a 3rd straight full season. (79/82 both his first two seasons. I consider that "full".)

I don't want to jinx it or anything, and it's still early in a career, but doesn't Sam Reinhart seem like one of those guys, similar to Pominville, who just plays in basically every game? Honestly, it's refreshing.

It's not even like he doesn't take big hits. He's just so, maybe deceptively, durable.

On track for a 3rd straight full season. (79/82 both his first two seasons. I consider that "full".)

Just got hit in the face and didn't even adjust his helmet!

Interested to see if he can play in every game this year. Something to watch for.

Just got hit in the face and didn't even adjust his helmet!

‪:lol:

---

Reinhart, Pominville, Scandella. The 3 to have played in every game.

ROR at 62/63. I believe he missed for the birth of his child.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.