Buffalo Sabres at Tampa Bay Lightning, 2/28/18, 7:00pm, MSG

darksabre

I've mentioned this before in GDTs, but why do players skate past the net? Don't they know that they are way more likely to score from in front of the net than behind it? If Wilson had stopped when he drove the net, he absolutely would have had a goal. It drives me crazy at any level, but to see NHLers do it is baffling.

While I have outlined a hopeful scenario above, I have a sneaking suspicion we see both McCabe and Beaulieu logging 15+ minutes per game next season, perhaps even with Antipin being shipped out. And I will be quite angry at that turn of events.

I will be flabbergasted if Antipin is shipped out.

That's the same issue I have with Reinhart.  (In fact that may be why I have the concern with Rodrigues.)  Reino is invisible for most of the season and then suddenly he's one of the Sabres' best players.  I'd like to see a full season effort out of him.  Both of them.

That's one of the problems they've had with being so bad and so lacking in depth. Hard to bench or sit slackers when you have nobody eager to take their place. If Botterill can improve things from the base up, this should hopefully change and some of those off and on guys might start to feel the pressure to play hard every night. 

That's one of the problems they've had with being so bad and so lacking in depth. Hard to bench or sit slackers when you have nobody eager to take their place. If Botterill can improve things from the base up, this should hopefully change and some of those off and on guys might start to feel the pressure to play hard every night.

It can only help.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.