Buffalo Sabres at Tampa Bay Lightning, 2/28/18, 7:00pm, MSG

darksabre

Another good point. This one had "Lehner chucking one in his own net" written all over it. Glad he wasn't in.

From the sounds of things, Lehner might be done here sooner than the offseason.

Nah, the need him to fill a hole. Ullmark needs to stay down with the Amerks. Lehner will just walk after the Sabres don't qualify him.

With respect to Blue’s theory that attitude/locker room issues are easier to digest as a fan, I personally find the current key issue more palatable: it’s almost entirely talent related. We know it’s going to take time to cycle in more talent, but it’s refreshing to see what now looks like a cohesive unit (coaching) with rather more consistent effort (attitude), doing well for themselves in terms of providing a challenge for even the league’s best when we catch then off guard.

The foundations are seemingly in place for a “culture change”, which will arrive no sooner and no later than when we acquire more real talent.

I still have concerns about his absolute lack of any physicality...

I don't.  Igor Larionov had a complete lack of physicality but was a pretty good center.

Was there any mention of why Johnson got his second start in a row tonight? Lehner still hurt a bit or just evaluating?

It was stated that he started because he earned it.

ROR - Reinhart - Rodrigues - Risto. 

They'll get it done in OT.

The Pirate Line:  RRRR!

I don't.  Igor Larionov had a complete lack of physicality but was a pretty good center.

Larionov didn't cough the puck up if you looked at him hard enough, though. I'm no Tim Murray, heavy game and all that, but ERod worries me in that department.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.