Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

1 hour ago, Iron Crotch said:

I just searched this thread for "Allen" posts. Some of the pre-draft and immediate post-draft stuff is... quite entertaining... ?

Anyway, it'd be a minor miracle to win in Green Bay next week, but I though the same about today's game.

Minnesota and Green Bay tied but Minnesota is the better team, so there’s that. 10.5 point underdogs out of the gate.

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

They basically did what Atlanta should have in the Super Bowl. ?

Also, the Pats got punked by a bad Lions team. Brady was terrible.

Edited by Hoss

8 hours ago, Iron Crotch said:

I just searched this thread for "Allen" posts. Some of the pre-draft and immediate post-draft stuff is... quite entertaining... ?

I stand by what I wrote in the Allen posts around the draft, because that is what I felt at the time. If I am given more evidence to change that thought then I will. 

He still has a lot of work to do. Once teams start to game plan for him, it will be harder but it was nice to see that he has a shot of being a good NFL QB. 

Edited by LGR4GM

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

Two in a row.  Has it happened since the year where we beat them 31-0 in the opener?  I might be remembering that one wrong, but I thought they lost week 2 that year too.

ehh, couple years ago they got pretty well crushed by the Chiefs early in the year and everyone was calling them done. Then they won the Superbowl that year. So I'll call them dead when they're in the ground.

Edited by sabills

11 minutes ago, sabills said:

ehh, couple years ago they got pretty well crushed by the Chiefs early in the year and everyone was calling them done. Then they won the Superbowl that year. So I'll call them dead when they're in the ground.

It's worth watching though.  They always bounce back strong after a loss, so this one is definitely a bit of uncharted territory.

46 minutes ago, shrader said:

Two in a row.  Has it happened since the year where we beat them 31-0 in the opener?  I might be remembering that one wrong, but I thought they lost week 2 that year too.

They did not.  They were 14-2 with a week 4 loss against Washington.

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hoss said:

Minnesota and Green Bay tied but Minnesota is the better team, so there’s that. 10.5 point underdogs out of the gate.

They basically did what Atlanta should have in the Super Bowl. ?

Also, the Pats got punked by a bad Lions team. Brady was terrible.

Sean McDermott > Kyle Shannahan confirmed ?

I was only able to listen to the game.

I'm less inclined to be excited about the result (I've learned my lesson when it comes to games that seem to turn in large part on fumble recoveries), and I am more curious to hear what people saw with Allen's play. It's just one game, sure. But it sounded as though he showed really well -- not just with the goal line dive and hurdling stuff -- but with overall play (sounds like there were several bad drops).

Any feedback is appreciated, even if it's a link upthread.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.