Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

14 minutes ago, SwampD said:

On those sacks, there was not one receiver open anyway. Our receiver corp is the worst in the league. By a lot!

The "nobody open" is almost as good as the "every play had someone open" stuff from Peterman's start. Our receivers are terrible and don't get open by themselves all the time, but it's not like they never get open either. Allen bailed on plays and ran into sacks when he didn't have to bail. He missed guys who, while not open by 15 yards, were certainly in positions to make catches if the passes were catchable. 

He had a bad game. It doesn't mean he'll suck for eternity, but he was a big part of the offense's ineffectiveness. 

Allen was indeed bad, but I actually found myself enjoying the bad game of our very own rookie QB. Of course, the enjoyment hinges on a belief that he'll learn and get better, and if he doesn't, then we're screwed. But I can worry about that at a later time if it happens. 

Really, since 2005, this was all I ever wanted. 

Concerns about the offensive group they've put together are of course present too. 

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Even when he hits them, the can't catch. To blame this on a rookie's second start is a joke. Can't tackle. Can't catch. Can't block. Can't cover. 

Just awful

Trust the process.

I didn't blame the loss on him. I just said he was bad and part of the problem. Part. Not all. 

And it was his third start ?

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Allen was indeed bad, but I actually found myself enjoying the bad game of our very own rookie QB. Of course, the enjoyment hinges on a belief that he'll learn and get better, and if he doesn't, then we're screwed. But I can worry about that at a later time if it happens. 

Concerns about the offensive group they've put together are of course present too. 

Man, talk about low expectations. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I choose laughter! 

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

It look like the magic Fitzpatrick run is over already. Sheesh the Bears are demolishing them.

The Official Nephew of Eleven was at that game; it was his first NFL game.  My bet is that the Official Sister of Eleven had him wrapped in several protective coatings, made him wear ear protection and two helmets, and that the Official Brother-in-Law of Eleven pulled over and helped him take all of that sh!t off about one mile from their house.

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Addition by subtraction. See ya Kelvin.

If I never see him in a Bills helmet again, it will be too soon. 

Edited by Eleven

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Pretty much where I was at today.

He WAS bad, but the potential was still visible.  IF it is still strictly potential 4 games in next year, I will be quite irate.  (Asuming he actually has someone besides McCoy & Dawkins that are on his side of the ball that actually know how to play this American Rules Football that we've heard so much about but have seen so little of this century.)

47 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Watching the catches that other teams' WRs, good and not good, routinely make to help their QBs out makes ours look even worse than I thought they were

Yes indeedly.  AJ Green had a great catch in the end zone to win the game for Cincy today that none of the Bills' WRs would've been within a mile of.

Separately:  I thought Allen was terrible in the 1st half and missed a ton of open receivers.  This put the game into very-close-to-unwinnable territory, since they were down 16-0 at the half.  His INT right before halftime was Peterman-like.  I did think he threw it much better in the 2nd half, but it was against a softer D and he still took a bunch of sacks, and either way he still didn't put together any scoring drives. 

Losing Micah Hyde early was a major blow, but they responded and played respectable D without him. 

I sure hope Allen plays better next week. 

GB held to 19 points,… that should be a game.

Our receivers suck. They get paid to do one thing. Catch. They F'n suck at it.

I like watching Josh Allen. He's definitely got stuff to learn, but he's the least of my concerns.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Yes indeedly.  AJ Green had a great catch in the end zone to win the game for Cincy today that none of the Bills' WRs would've been within a mile of.

Separately:  I thought Allen was terrible in the 1st half and missed a ton of open receivers.  This put the game into very-close-to-unwinnable territory, since they were down 16-0 at the half.  His INT right before halftime was Peterman-like.  I did think he threw it much better in the 2nd half, but it was against a softer D and he still took a bunch of sacks, and either way he still didn't put together any scoring drives. 

Losing Micah Hyde early was a major blow, but they responded and played respectable D without him. 

I sure hope Allen plays better next week.

Very few DCs bring as much pressure as Pettine does.

Hopefully young Mr. Allen learned from his tribulations.

4 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

This is the only thing that makes sense to me, the kid has the brain to learn from this one.

Never mind him being hammered, he was hyped and a lot of people went with it.   This is good for his development.

Its not a win Season, its about your QB learning on the fly.

Edited by Huckleberry

55 minutes ago, SwampD said:

GB held to 19 points,… that should be a game.

Our receivers suck. They get paid to do one thing. Catch. They F'n suck at it.

I like watching Josh Allen. He's definitely got stuff to learn, but he's the least of my concerns.

I’m concerned about Allen’s play today. He had time early and missed wide open receivers. The long Benjamin catch should’ve been a TD because there was nobody between him and the end zone but instead of putting touch on it he rocketed it straight at him. The second INT was the third time (once in preseason) where he’s made an unforgivably bad decision under pressure.

All coachable and I think he’s got the talent and mindset to get it done but he was just as bad as anyone on the field today.

5 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

The "nobody open" is almost as good as the "every play had someone open" stuff from Peterman's start. Our receivers are terrible and don't get open by themselves all the time, but it's not like they never get open either. Allen bailed on plays and ran into sacks when he didn't have to bail. He missed guys who, while not open by 15 yards, were certainly in positions to make catches if the passes were catchable. 

He had a bad game. It doesn't mean he'll suck for eternity, but he was a big part of the offense's ineffectiveness. 

Watch the replays. There was nobody open.

57 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I’m concerned about Allen’s play today. He had time early and missed wide open receivers. The long Benjamin catch should’ve been a TD because there was nobody between him and the end zone but instead of putting touch on it he rocketed it straight at him. The second INT was the third time (once in preseason) where he’s made an unforgivably bad decision under pressure.

All coachable and I think he’s got the talent and mindset to get it done but he was just as bad as anyone on the field today.

Man I was at work on  lazy sunday, I had enough time to watch most replays.   Yes he made some bad plays, but to say its all on him its really not.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

You're about the only person saying this. Shill-in-chief John Murphy even said Allen had a bad game. 

43 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Man I was at work on  lazy sunday, I had enough time to watch most replays.   Yes he made some bad plays, but to say its all on him its really not.

Nobody has said it was all on Allen. Nobody.

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes. That would be crazy to say. Good thing nobody I’ve seen has even come to close to saying that.

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

Nobody has the ability to watch live and say this. Nobody.

Also, this only works as a defense if you’re willing to accept a QB who can’t make tough throws or “throw his guys open.” Allen may someday be able to do this but if what you’re saying turns out to be true that there was never an open receiver then it’s still not a good look.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.