Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

13 hours ago, SwampD said:

If only he would have smiled more,... what could have been.

I'd imagine he smiled a lot when he, ya know, quit. But keep romanticizing about him if you must.

11 hours ago, Hoss said:

The refs cost the Jags that game but we’re also talking about the Jags who were in the AFC Championship going toe to toe with the greatest. The JAGS. They look like one of the league’s best teams again this year.

The refs wouldn't have been in position to matter if Marrone didn't turtle for the entire second half. 

The Jags roster is stacked outside of QB, so yea, they're going to be a good team...especially in the putrid AFC.

Edit: Didn't just, like, one page ago you accuse Flagg of making posts that ignore a whole bunch of important details? "The refs cost the Jags the game" isn't exactly taking into account any mitigating circumstances.

9 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Isn’t it kinda strange that two vets (Anquan Boldin last year and now Davis) have up and quit on the Bills early in the season in successive years?

Boldin retired during training camp, no? Not quite the same. That's not common, but it has happened before. Davis, though? I've never seen anything like it. He couldn't at least gut it out for 1 half of football and retire afterwards?

Edited by TrueBlueGED

That was pathetic. Allen looked bad or at least not good. The line was slightly better but the WR are ABSOLUTE TRASH. The defense was pathetic. Missed tackles, bad reads. We desperately need Nick Bosa for a pass rush. The team is probably about 20 players away from being anything good. Also I am prepared to draft another QB in 2021. All the talk of Allen improving, he looked like his college tape except he stayed in the pocket better... woo. Long way to go and it's going to be a miserable season unless this team improves magically. 

Edited by LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

That was pathetic. Allen looked bad or at least not good. The line was slightly better but the WR are ABSOLUTE TRASH. The defense was pathetic. Missed tackles, bad reads. We desperately need Nick Bosa for a pass rush. The team is probably about 20 players away from being anything good. Also I am prepared to draft another QB in 2021. All the talk of Allen improving, he looked like his college tape except he stayed in the pocket better... woo. Long way to go and it's going to be a miserable season unless this team improves magically. 

I really didn't think Allen looked that bad yesterday. At least not for an undeveloped rookie QB playing behind a bad line and with a trash receiving corps. The only bad play he really made was that pick he threw when he should have just thrown it out of bounds.

He might actually get better if he can survive long enough to start really processing the game. His reads at the line need some work, but that could come along in time.  

I'm more mad about how bad the rest of the team is. And when your coach takes over for defensive play calling in the second game of the season, you have management problems. 

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Gave up only 3 points in the 2nd half and we looked like a completely different defense. Something tells me Frazier isn't making it through the week

Plenty of teams have coordinators that don't call the plays.  I think Belichick calls the offense in NE.  And I know that Kelly called the offense in Buffalo.

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Damn it 

@AdamBenigni
#Bills McDermott confirms he took over defensive play calling in the second half.  Will evaluate that moving forward. @WGRZ

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Well, it worked.

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Gave up only 3 points in the 2nd half and we looked like a completely different defense. Something tells me Frazier isn't making it through the week

The defense certainly looked better in the second half, but it's not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison. The Chargers were up 22 points and more interested in closing out the game than running up the score.

17 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I really didn't think Allen looked that bad yesterday. At least not for an undeveloped rookie QB playing behind a bad line and with a trash receiving corps. The only bad play he really made was that pick he threw when he should have just thrown it out of bounds.

He might actually get better if he can survive long enough to start really processing the game. His reads at the line need some work, but that could come along in time.  

I'm more mad about how bad the rest of the team is. And when your coach takes over for defensive play calling in the second game of the season, you have management problems. 

Allen made multiple throws that either flat out missed or were off. The long 60yr throw was thrown late and that's why Zay had to come back to it. Allen had a 5 yrd pass to I think Murphy that he overthrew him on. He had a wide open, Foster I think, and because the ball wasn't thrown early the corner knocked it away. Great arm but he has a long way to go. His anticipation and processing simply isn't fast enough post snap. 

Edited by LGR4GM

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Allen made multiple throws that either flat out missed or were off. The long 60yr throw was thrown late and that's why Zay had to come back to it. Allen had a 5 yrd pass to I think Murphy that he overthrew him on. He had a wide open, Foster I think, and because the ball wasn't thrown early the corner knocked it away. Great arm but he has a long way to go. His anticipation and processing simply isn't fast enough post snap. 

This is a list of mistakes you’d expect for a kid in his first career game. I thought LOOKED good and performed mediocre.

Those are mistakes he made all through college too. I remain skeptical of Allen. Just because Peterman is absolute garbage doesn't mean Allen is good. I hope he learns and starts anticipating throws more. The good news to me is that, he has the entire season to learn and it simply doesn't matter. 

41 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

32 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I mostly agree. Allen wasn't terrible, but he also wasn't good. The only way you can think he looked good is if your baseline is "better than the self-immolating Peterman." In a league and week where the below happened, our guy posted a stat line of 18/33 for 245, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 16.1 QBR, and 63.3 rating. And about 100 of those yards and the TD came in garbage time. Some of this is on McBeane and some is on the players...but anyone defining how Allen looked as anything better than "meh" is having a serious case of Bills-colored goggles.

I just spent five minutes figuring out what was wrong with my data until I realized... NFL teams actually had an average passer rating of 103.4 for week 2. Teams went 767/1103 (69.5%) for 8,489 yards (7.7 Y/A) with 61 TDs and 18 INTs. 17 QBs had a passer rating over 100! Wow!

Edited by TrueBlueGED

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I think back to that aggressive poster who swore up and down that Mahomes was going to be lights out. That the Bills royally screwed the pooch when they didn't draft him. So far, that now banned guy is 100% right. 

Mahomes with the 2018 Bills would look exactly like Allen with the 2018 Bills.  (I saw this on twitter today and it is dead on.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.