Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

As with most things, the fact that this particular situation is not currently problematic or might never prove problematic does not mean that, as a policy or practice, it's something that should be condoned. Just a bad look, imo. 

I don't think company policy gets to cover who my daughter sees in both of their personal time. Its not a business decision.

7 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

...just for reference, ?

I get it tho, one half of football against an uninspired Viking defense, with drive starts deep in Viking territory, doesn't make a career.    But the idea that he needs 2 years of development to "even hope to make it" seems a bit far-fetched.

I was just as critical of the pick. The kid has won me over personally. I'm optimistically hopeful that yesterday was not an anomaly. 

10 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

It's mixing business matters with personal matters. Simple as that. Bad practice. Par for the course, though, I'm afraid.

If I were a business owner, I'd personally prefer my children not date my employees. However, it's not mixing business and personal matters, and it certainly doesn't make it look like amateur hour. Kelly Pegula is nowhere in Croom's reporting chain. He has a position coach, an OC, a few assistant head coaches, a HC, the GM and other football execs. 

Frankly, given your social views you have expressed here over time, I'm quite taken aback that you would have such a problem with who an adult woman has chosen to date.

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

If I were a business owner, I'd personally prefer my children not date my employees. However, it's not mixing business and personal matters, and it certainly doesn't make it look like amateur hour. Kelly Pegula is nowhere in Croom's reporting chain. He has a position coach, an OC, a few assistant head coaches, a HC, the GM and other football execs. 

Frankly, given your social views you have expressed here over time, I'm quite taken aback that you would have such a problem with who an adult woman has chosen to date.

Oh, it's not? I think you take an overly formal view of matters to get where you want to be (or feel you need to be).

I'm full of surprises. And as indicated, this is not something I'm perceiving in isolation. If the Pegulas had to date proven capable of running a merit-based and professional operation, this Instagram post would have likely breezed past my attention. But there's more nepotism and cronyism in PSE than I care for. Actually, it appears that cronyism is much less of a problem than it used to be. 

Opening line is -10.5 for the Packers game. Rodgers is not nearly as mobile as usual, the Packers have no running game...can we pull it off again?

And guys, please, take the political/social talk to some other thread. I couldn't give two shts who someone else is dating

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Oh, it's not? I think you take an overly formal view of matters to get where you want to be (or feel you need to be).

I'm full of surprises. And as indicated, this is not something I'm perceiving in isolation. If the Pegulas had to date proven capable of running a merit-based and professional operation, this Instagram post would have likely breezed past my attention. But there's more nepotism and cronyism in PSE than I care for. Actually, it appears that cronyism is much less of a problem than it used to be. 

I think in fairness to the Pegulas, they've learned from thier mistakes and both teams are trending in the right direction. 

In fairness to LGR, Pi, dig out your own posts where you argued Connor Cook would be an NFL QB. ?

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hold up on the packers have no running game. They just got Aaron Jones back and he is easily their best runner. 

How's their line though? If Rodgers can't escape the pocket and we can dominate the line again, I'm not saying I like our odds but I think we can at least cover the spread. The thing that worries me though, as Flagg and others have noted, Allen is not great at picking up the blitz. Guess who the Packers DC is? Yup, Mike Pettine. So Allen is going to see a ton of exotic pressures; we're going to learn a lot about Allen's pre-snap read abilities this week

Also, this was pretty funny. NSFW prolly

I see Allen's game yesterday as "fake it until you can make it."  He is still on the steep portion of the learning curve for defensive reads and avoiding the rush.  That said, his size, athletic ability and confidence allowed him to make some plays that you just don't expect out of a quarterback (the hurdle move and the first TD being among them).  Once Air Allen takes off, there's no stopping him.

That's the difference between Allen and Peterman:  When things start to break down, Peterman trusted the process even if the process offers no answers.  Allen trusts his instincts and improvises.

Edited by Doohickie

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't disagree with that to be honest. Just that as long as Croom produces, it's not something I worry about. He looked good yesterday. 

What restaurant? 

Yep, to this point, Croom absolutely earned and deserves his roster spot. IMO he was the best TE in the preseason/training camp, and now he is the only Bills TE with a TD.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Yep, to this point, Croom absolutely earned and deserves his roster spot. IMO he was the best TE in the preseason/training camp, and now he is the only Bills TE with a TD.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Bills try him in at WR. He's definitely faster than Benjamin, has the athleticism and played the position at UT.  Maybe it's a pipe dream but they need to do something. I haven't see a group that is so poor at any position on any NFL that I can remember. Holy smokes are they bad. Foster can't catch, Benjamin doesn't care, McCloud looks like a poor man's Roscoe Parish, Zay Jones in playing his way outta the league and Holmes is just not good. They need at least 3 new receivers.

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I see Allen's game yesterday as "fake it until you can make it."  He is still on the steep portion of the learning curve for defensive reads and avoiding the rush.  That said, his size, athletic ability and confidence allowed him to make some plays that you just don't expect out of a quarterback (the hurdle move and the first TD being among them).  Once Air Allen takes off, there's no stopping him.

That's the difference between Allen and Peterman:  When things start to break down, Peterman trusted the process even if the process offers no answers.  Allen trusts his instincts and improvises.

I would simply argue that Allen is a terrific athlete, whereas Peterman is not. Instincts or not, Peterman couldn't dream of doing some of the things Allen did on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Bills try him in at WR. He's definitely faster than Benjamin, has the athleticism and played the position at UT.  Maybe it's a pipe dream but they need to do something. I haven't see a group that is so poor at any position on any NFL that I can remember. Holy smokes are they bad. Foster can't catch, Benjamin doesn't care, McCloud looks like a poor man's Roscoe Parish, Zay Jones in playing his way outta the league and Holmes is just not good. They need at least 3 new receivers.

Zay is our leading receiver. Let that sink in. He has twice Benjamin's yardage.

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Watch his blocking and you might change that view.  He's a TE.

1 hour ago, JujuFish said:

Zay is our leading receiver. Let that sink in. He has twice Benjamin's yardage.

Kelvin "Oops" Benjamin is an @sshole who doesn't belonging in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Watch his blocking and you might change that view.  He's a TE.

Kelvin "Oops" Benjamin is an @sshole who doesn't belonging in the league.

Kelvin is about working really hard to play his way off the team. I think they need to draft or sign 3 new guys this offseason

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Kelvin is about working really hard to play his way off the team. I think they need to draft or sign 3 new guys this offseason

Please let them sign two and draft 1.  Draft picks should be on the line, at QB, or on D.  Not WR or RB.  Ever.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.