Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

12 hours ago, Weave said:

Is his status related to that window incident a couple months back, or is there something new?

Based on reports from folks at TBD who saw him on a bike or step master and he had staples around his knee.. so yeh guess it was window or something.

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Based on reports from folks at TBD who saw him on a bike or step master and he had staples around his knee.. so yeh guess it was window or something.

Nope. He had offseason knee surgery and missed the spring. They thought he'd be ready for camp, but apparently not. Any staples he may still have probably aren't relayed to the window incident. 

Edit: That said, I still think he's a bad player and will forever hold him up as a poster child for why you don't trade up for middling talent just because it's "your guy."

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I remember at and after the draft some talking about how players like Mayfield and Darnold had higher completion percentages because they had easy dump offs and bubble screens and Allen didn't so Allen was better or something... practice makes perfect. 

“The one where the running back was right in front of me, it just kind of handcuffed me,” Allen said. “I never really had one of those types of throws, so good thing it happened in practice and not a game.”

https://theathletic.com/447718/2018/07/26/buffalo-bills-camp-news-and-notes-josh-allen-has-work-to-do-in-quarterback-competition/

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I remember at and after the draft some talking about how players like Mayfield and Darnold had higher completion percentages because they had easy dump offs and bubble screens and Allen didn't so Allen was better or something... practice makes perfect. 

https://theathletic.com/447718/2018/07/26/buffalo-bills-camp-news-and-notes-josh-allen-has-work-to-do-in-quarterback-competition/

What bothers me is that Allen sounded somewhat surprised like he was caught off guard "It just kind of handcuffed me.  I've never really had those types of throws.."

That's been the knock him from day one, wildly inaccurate on short-intermediate passes.   You'd think he'd be practice those types of throws every day since his college season ended.... now he's like "woah woah hold on.... I've never had to make a throw like that.. so you what do you expect?"

The great one's have a superior ability to self-evaluate and turn weaknesses into strengths.... sure it's one day, but man.. using excuses instead of saying "no excuse, i need to get better at those, should never miss a pass like that".... 

On 7/27/2018 at 8:35 AM, TrueBlueGED said:

Nope. He had offseason knee surgery and missed the spring. They thought he'd be ready for camp, but apparently not. Any staples he may still have probably aren't relayed to the window incident. 

Edit: That said, I still think he's a bad player and will forever hold him up as a poster child for why you don't trade up for middling talent just because it's "your guy."

I read on TBD that Sx was due to window incident, probably to get out FBs, ie glass.

15 minutes ago, Weave said:

I've only paid slight attention, but aren't all 3 QBs getting first team reps?

Yes. The vibe going into camp was that it was Peterman’s job to lose and most seem to now think Peterman is number three with McCarron the clear front runner at the moment. Obviously a lot can and likely will still change, but this was the result I assumed would come.

If McCarron goes out there and is solid you put yourself in a great position to use him as a trade chip either at the deadline or next offseason when you turn it over to Allen.

34 minutes ago, Hoss said:

If McCarron goes out there and is solid you put yourself in a great position to use him as a trade chip either at the deadline or next offseason when you turn it over to Allen.

Do teams ever trade NFL QBs for value in-season at the deadline? I can't recall that happening.

But, yeah: Ideally (to me, anyway), McCarron is the starter this season, he gives about the production that Taylor gave, the team has 5 wins going into Week 16, and Allen gets to start in Weeks 16 and 17 or something (and shows well!).

21 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I still don't believe in Allen. I want to but I don't. 

Saw someone Tweet about how completion percentage (the advanced stat they use for it now - can't recall it - adjusted throw ratio or something? (I am partly kidding)) for Cam and Wentz is pretty bad, but that those guys are both pretty good. I dunno, man. I feel like you want that guy who can be highly accurate.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.