Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I still don't believe in Allen. I want to but I don't. 

There's just nothing he can show me in practices and preseason that will matter because accuracy was only one of his issues. Decision making and game processing were arguably bigger (though less talked about) problems, and those can't be assessed until he gets some regular season action. Obviously, I'd rather he look good than bad, but we're aways away from him being in a spot to really disprove his critics. 

6 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Do teams ever trade NFL QBs for value in-season at the deadline? I can't recall that happening.

Yes. It happened twice last season. Once for Jimmy G to the 49ers and once for McCarron to the Browns (but the Browns failed to fax the paperwork to the league on time at the deadline).

Carson Palmer went to Oakland in the middle of the season.

Edited by Hoss

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

Yes. It happened twice last season. Once for Jimmy G to the 49ers and once for McCarron to the Browns (but the Browns failed to fax the paperwork to the league on time at the deadline).

Carson Palmer went to Oakland in the middle of the season.

Thanks. In-season trades seem infrequent in the NFL. Or is that a thing of the past. It would be amazing if McCarron became a trade asset — I don’t think I see it, though, given the scheme and talent.

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Thanks. In-season trades seem infrequent in the NFL. Or is that a thing of the past. It would be amazing if McCarron became a trade asset — I don’t think I see it, though, given the scheme and talent.

I doubt it too but would be a sort of dream scenario. They moved the deadline back which has caused way more action recently. Heck, that’s how we got KB13 and Dareus ended up in Jacksonville.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I may not believe in Allen but boy do I believe in Edmunds... mother of god he isn't human. Remember how we didn't know how to cover Gronk for the last 5 years? Now we can just put Edmunds on him. In 2 years, this kid will be an All Star. 

In 2 years Gronk won't be in the league ?

But yeah, I love Edmunds too. Guy is a physical freak, and smart to boot

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I may not believe in Allen but boy do I believe in Edmunds... mother of god he isn't human. Remember how we didn't know how to cover Gronk for the last 5 years? Now we can just put Edmunds on him. In 2 years, this kid will be an All Star. 

Sadly he'll never be able to play in to pro bowl since he'll be in the superbowl every single season.

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

Interesting trade as it doesn't seem to mesh with the emphasis on character, etc that has been preached as of late.

The only “character” concern he has is that his brother was charged in an assault case. Otherwise he seems to have a solid record.

11 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The only “character” concern he has is that his brother was charged in an assault case. Otherwise he seems to have a solid record.

I read an article over the weekend that mentioned one or two items that didn't cast him as someone who made good decisions.  An assault investigation was one.  In fairness, I don't remember the details and don't have the motivation to try and track it down either.  I think he article showed up on my twitter feed and I'm not chasing that rabbit.  I do recall thinking as I was reading that this didn't seem like a Coach Process kind of player.

Just read Wawroww's article from today.  A team curfew violation that resulted in him being sent home last season was another.  I'd think that would rate pretty low with team management these days. 

Edited by Weave

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

I read an article over the weekend that mentioned one or two items that didn't cast him as someone who made good decisions.  An assault investigation was one.  In fairness, I don't remember the details and don't have the motivation to try and track it down either.  I think he article showed up on my twitter feed and I'm not chasing that rabbit.  I do recall thinking as I was reading that this didn't seem like a Coach Process kind of player.

Maybe he really likes the troops though. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Weave said:

Just read Wawroww's article from today.  A team curfew violation that resulted in him being sent home last season was another.  I'd think that would rate pretty low with team management these days. 

I know it's a bit of apples and oranges - but it looks like Reinhart survived that sort of problem. The Yards Per Pass twitter guy says that Coleman really looks/plays like a bigger, somewhat slower version of Flash Goodwin. I say: Yes, please.

7 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I know it's a bit of apples and oranges - but it looks like Reinhart survived that sort of problem. The Yards Per Pass twitter guy says that Coleman really looks/plays like a bigger, somewhat slower version of Flash Goodwin. I say: Yes, please.

Am I misremembering Marquise Goodwin? I remember him as fast, terrible and injured. Was there more to him than that?

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

Am I misremembering Marquise Goodwin? I remember him as fast, terrible and injured. Was there more to him than that?

There was some more, but your recollection isn’t totally off.

Obviously, my “yes please” contemplates better health for Coleman.

Also, Goodwin has shown in SF that he can be a useful NFL receiver.

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

There was some more, but your recollection isn’t totally off.

Obviously, my “yes please” contemplates better health for Coleman.

Also, Goodwin has shown in SF that he can be a useful NFL receiver.

1. Had no idea he was still in the league.

2. His numbers last year weren't pathetic. Nothing you'd want on a fantasy team, but not too bad for a #3(or #2 if you're the bills)

Edited by ubkev

His numbers last year deserve way more credit than “weren’t pathetic.” They were nearly number one numbers. He fell just short of 1,000 yards and was their best target all year. He only got better when Jimmy G came in which is a very good sign for them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.