Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Seriously looking at how those practices are going, I bet Allen is a starter in game 5.

The defense is probably top 10 in the league, so it doesn't help the offense much in practice.    

But your two probable starting QB's aren't showing much promise.  

Edited by Huckleberry

29 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Seriously looking at how those practices are going, I bet Allen is a starter in game 5.

The defense is probably top 10 in the league, so it doesn't help the offense much in practice.    

But your two probable starting QB's are showing much promise.  

I think the biggest reason Allen would become a starter by week 5 is the brutal start to the schedule (as it looks going in, anyway). A 1-3 or even 0-4 start is not out of the question and would be a perfect excuse to change things up at QB.

Terrible audio. Turn it down. But the body language between these two suggests that Cam wants to know why KB is talking smack and KB is seemingly all about treating Cam like an old flame that he wants nothing to do with.

21 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Nathan Peterman, starting at QB, had a very good first drive. 7/7 for 75 yards and a TD to Benjamin.

That's not counting a 34 yard TD to Streater that was called back on pass interference.

We're the best team ever. Super bowl!!!

(Am I doing it right??)

Just now, Samson's Flow said:

We're the best team ever. Super bowl!!!

(Am I doing it right??)

Peterman's next drive ended with an interception.

0-16, here we come!

(Our powers combined, we're doing it the bestest).

Peterman's final numbers are 10/11 for 119 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

AJ McCarron is coming in for the second quarter.

Just now, JujuFish said:

Peterman's next drive ended with an interception.

0-16, here we come!

(Our powers combined, we're doing it the bestest).

Peterman's final numbers are 10/11 for 119 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

AJ McCarron is coming in for the second quarter.

You're right - dooooomed!

I'm encouraged how much our offense looked like a real NFL offense. Easy completions based on scheme

3 hours ago, carpandean said:

gist

giant

gin

giraffe

ginseng

ginger

gingerly

gigantic

and those are just the words that start with 'gi'.  Plenty more have 'gi' with soft g in the middle.

The "g" in "gif" stands for "graphic."  How is that word pronounced?

Anyway.  Really, on the first preseason game?

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

The "g" in "gif" stands for "graphic."  How is that word pronounced?

He said the inventor should have spelled it differently had he wanted it to be pronounced like Jif.  The standard pronunciation of "gi" is with a soft g (though, there are exceptions.)  You're making a different argument: basically, that he should have used a different first word in the acronym -- one starting with a soft g -- if he wanted it to be pronounced that way.

2 hours ago, erickompositör72 said:

Josh Allen has an unreal arm, made some incredible plays... and you guys are still going on about gif vs jif...

To be fair, I was hiking during the game. Caught some of the last two drives and then a few clips and gifs on twitter. The last two throws he made were exactly what you’ve heard he can do in beautiful fashion. He had a few misplaced balls and the 4th down play where he just heaved it up was terrible (but coachable).

I came out feeling positive about what all three QBs did at this point in their careers.

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

and the 4th down play where he just heaved it up was terrible (but coachable).

I can see why the coaching staff was so excited about him. To have someone with that kind of talent who's humble and actually willing to listen- it's a rare thing.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Have we had a preseason game post-Kelly where the QB's looked decent?  Cuz all 3 looked decent.  I can see where Allen gets his rep re: accuracy, but man that kid can chuck a football.

It was cause for some hope. Re:Allen- I thought his accuracy was good- several incompletions due to incompetent receivers

Edited by erickompositör72

6 hours ago, Hoss said:

To be fair, I was hiking during the game. Caught some of the last two drives and then a few clips and gifs on twitter. The last two throws he made were exactly what you’ve heard he can do in beautiful fashion. He had a few misplaced balls and the 4th down play where he just heaved it up was terrible (but coachable).

I came out feeling positive about what all three QBs did at this point in their careers.

I was at the stadium, and it was *fun* when the kid came out to start the 2nd half. The crowd (such as it was (decent)) rose to its feet and got loud. And then he damn near hit a huge play. Like I said: Fun.

Also, I think that drive went three and out because of a dropped pass.

3 hours ago, Weave said:

Have we had a preseason game post-Kelly where the QB's looked decent?  Cuz all 3 looked decent.  I can see where Allen gets his rep re: accuracy, but man that kid can chuck a football.

Credit to the new OC. The QBs in the first half got a bunch of easy completions based on scheme, routes, etc.

Yes, yes -- the D plays vanilla. But so too does the offence. The QBs executed very well. 

Also with regard to Allen's accuracy:

1 hour ago, erickompositör72 said:

It was cause for some hope. Re:Allen- I thought his accuracy was good- several incompletions due to incompetent receivers

I too saw nothing to suggest he'd be inaccurate. I mean, that 60+ yarder to start is incredibly difficult to hit. And the bomb that was missed in the end zone was not inaccurate -- that was a good ball that a guy like Coleman likely catches.

That touchdown at the end? Supremely accurate. Lots of good balls from the rookie.

The passes that looked bad were from poor decisions (I ain't worried) and what looked like some miscommunications (QB had the WR breaking to the sideline, but WR stayed inside, etc.). There were at least 2 bad drops, too.

Edited by That Aud Smell

1 hour ago, LTS said:

The one thing that was immediately noticeable and has nothing to do with preseason... the speed with which he throws the football.  It's moving.  Haven't seen that in awhile.

Agreed.  The velocity is impressive.  I said out loud “WOW” several times at the passes he threw.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.