Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

41 minutes ago, LTS said:

Wow.  I did a search to see if there were more details and there weren't.  There's no real information to comment other than something happened and she claims to have suffered neck injuries.  I can't even find what happened with the lawsuit.  It's not enough to comment either way on and definitely doesn't lead me to believe he's abusive.

This sounds like--

1 - Harmless accident but also what happens when you have money.

2 - a tragic waste of beer (even if it's Budweiser)

3 - something I would do if I had the money to consider engaging in a tragic waste of beer.

Really?  Did you try Netscape, AltaVista or AskJeeves?  You'd expect there to be something on MySpace, GeoCities, IRC, or at least a discussion on some UseNet newsgroups.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Btw, there are also reports of an incident that occurred in/around 1990 in which a woman complained (criminally? maybe for civil damages?) that she was at a picnic and Kelly hit her in the face with a water balloon (that she claimed was filled with beer) and caused her an injury to her mouth and teeth. The write-ups for that are pretty amusing. #fourorfivebeers 

That is the one I may be misremembering.  Or combining in my head with the club incident.

There was a fair amount of smoke about back then.

If that’s all we have to go on here, this whole conversation is ridiculous. Labeling people as domestic abusers based off of absolutely nothing but some random story you heard from a friend, that’s a slippery slope that lead down an ugly path. 

Save me it for another day, not this one that is supposed to give some hope to those who are suffering. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Really?  Did you try Netscape, AltaVista or AskJeeves?  You'd expect there to be something on MySpace, GeoCities, IRC, or at least a discussion on some UseNet newsgroups.

What are you even referring to here? It seems like there is some attempt to insult me by referring to "ancient" Internet technology.  Is this because I used the word search? 

I'd love to know what you were attempting to get at with your response. 

I worked at the pizza Glen back in my youth, Jim and his buddies always came in a couple of times a winter with their snowmobiles. Basically he paid in advance, gave a 100$ tip, said keep the pizza coming and the pitchers full and dont bother us..... Frankly he was a douche, but 100$ was huge cash to teenage me, so I was happy. Those guys could booze for sure, but other than being a celebrity douche, I didn't get a sense of much worse from my own personal interactions. 

On 7/20/2018 at 8:47 AM, LTS said:

I think, that given no rumors or innuendo about abuse, it's a HUGE leap to get to that point, regardless of the other behaviors.  He had a reputation as a party boy, not one of violence.

Here's my take on this.

I knew people who were around Jim Kelly during those times.  He was unfaithful.  He was an absolute jerk to be around. More than once time Kent Hull physically set him straight when he was not as giving as he should have been.  I won't try to recall any stories at this point because it was long time ago and I might screw something up.

All of that said, Jim Kelly was confronted about his behavior and owned it.  Through some amount of introspection and with the assistance and support of his wife he changed his ways.  She has forgiven him.  By all accounts since then he's been a very different person.

You can dislike Kelly for what he was in his prime as a football player.  However, I think it's a stretch to insinuate he was a domestic abuser because of it.  In addition, you can't discount his wife's actions in all of this.  As far as I am concerned, she is the one who had to live with him and if she can forgive him, that's all that matters.

It would appear he has changed as a person.  I'd rather be happy for his change than to continue to attack him for what he used to be.  

Thank you for the perspective, LTS 

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Huh?

There had been a post depicting what allegedly was a depth chart from buffalobills.com for the Bills showing only 1 QB.  The poster asked if it was legit & by the time a reply was typed the post had been deleted.

Thus the response you apparently referenced.

28 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I just thought it was a bit funny that same day Josh Allen signed, Katherine Webb McCarron flew back into town. She was on way to stadium to pick up the car that her husband left their before heading to camp.

I get that.  The "huh" was in reference to yours above.  Which I'd thought was in reference to my post aimed at the deleted post that was put out & then removed around yours.

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

AJ's wife.

Aware of who she is.  As indicated above, thought that TW's "huh" was directed towards my post directly below his 1st post about her (which his later post indicates that wasn't what the "huh" was directed at) but if that wasn't what he said "huh" about, then huh?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.