Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

They could still trade the pick/player after the announcement.     Maybe the league has put a halt to it as a way to increase the drama/attract viewers.  

The advantage was they could begin contract negotiations earlier.

Yep. It was a way for the teams at the top of the draft to avoid the $50MM Sam Bradford contracts. "If you'll accept this, you'll be the answer to the trivia question 'who was the #1 overall selection in 199x.'"

I didn't mention ANYONE's race. Some of you are making a RACIST assumption. Content of Character, not colour of

skin quoth a wise man, a CHRISTIAN man.

God says no tattoos. That's what's wrong. You know, the frog doesn't realize that the water is getting hotter and hotter until he's

cooked. I HAVE NO SHAME IN TRADITIONAL AMERICAN CULTURE INCLUDING ITS CHRISTIAN ROOTS. Call me a troll if you

want, but you've all ignored the fact that football is so very dependent on the QB that it's no longer a team sport. Maybe y'all

can't remember when RBs could win a game too (save for Barry Sanders in Detroit).

I am a Christian. Tell me where the word of God specifically says “no tattoos.”

The Bible says in Revelations 19:16 that Jesus has a tattoo on His thigh - “And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.”

Edited by Andrew Amerk

I am a Christian. Tell me where the word of God specifically says “no tattoos.”

The Bible says in Revelations 19:16 that Jesus has a tattoo on His thigh - “And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.”

Lev. 19:28, not that I care.  I'm just awake early.  Also, I consider that entire book to be ridiculous and obsolete.

Didn’t someone already show up here to advise against feeding trolls?

Dude’s name IRL might be Trolly McTrollFace.

Indeed.

There are so many people like this.

The stigma was ruined for me really early in life. My bus driver in elementary school, Mr. Bill, had sweet tats. A big grim reaper on one forearm and a spiderweb on his elbow. He was the nicest damn guy in the world and he loved the kids and we all loved him.

The fact that Mr. Bill drove your school bus explains so many things.

Edited by Eleven

Some of us, don't give a sh!t about religion, and would rather talk about the Bills, take the religion to another thread, perhaps the Off Topic Religion thread is a good start

Agreed draft cant happen soon enough. God I want to say something nasty and sarcastic here... but wtf Ill say my prayers meditate and show myself out....

Some of us, don't give a sh!t about religion, and would rather talk about the Bills, take the religion to another thread, perhaps the Off Topic Religion thread is a good start

This is the first post on the new page for me, so I am not going back to see what the hell happened.

On the QB thing, if the Bills manage to stay at 12 and still Rosen that will be a coup beyond words. Heck, even if they move up to 8 or 10 or something to get ahead of Miami for it. If they can pick Rosen and STILL have the second first rounder that will be a great job by Beane and Company.

This is the time of year when the mockers get into the business of over-thinking things or getting into fantastical thoughts.

If history is a guide and the current trajectory of the league any indication, there will be 6 QBs gone faster than you can say Jack Robinson. The Bills are gonna hafta move up, way up, to get the guy they want. My sense is that the only reason they wouldn't make the move is if they don't have a "willing" partner. And by "willing" partner I exclude a team that wants an absolute king's ransom.

This is the time of year when the mockers get into the business of over-thinking things or getting into fantastical thoughts.

If history is a guide and the current trajectory of the league any indication, there will be 6 QBs gone faster than you can say Jack Robinson. The Bills are gonna hafta move up, way up, to get the guy they want. My sense is that the only reason they wouldn't make the move is if they don't have a "willing" partner. And by "willing" partner I exclude a team that wants an absolute king's ransom.

Does it really count as over-thinking when the draft is held 20 months after the super bowl?  We're probably fortunate that there hasn't been a major off the field media circus for them to focus on like in recent years (Brady appeal, Rice-like domestic abuse cases, etc...).  Because of that though, they've had pretty much nothing but the draft to cover.  I really wish they'd move it back to the earlier date where they used to hold it, but that move was all about gaining more media coverage and will never change.

This is the first post on the new page for me, so I am not going back to see what the hell happened.

On the QB thing, if the Bills manage to stay at 12 and still Rosen that will be a coup beyond words. Heck, even if they move up to 8 or 10 or something to get ahead of Miami for it. If they can pick Rosen and STILL have the second first rounder that will be a great job by Beane and Company.

Religion got brought up after a quote from Rosen saying he was mostly atheist and then it took a turn towards that for awhile, oh and something about God and tatoos.

If the rumors are true, Rosen might be the one sliding down the depth chart and hopefully we dont have to move up to the 2nd spot to draft him.  I think you are right, we will need to get ahead of Miami for sure, shouldnt be too hard with all of our draft capital.

Ideally, we want the the following to happen, Darnold-Barkley-Mayfield-Chubb-Allen, after Denver, no team will likely grab a QB until possibily Miami.  I think we target the Colts, shouldn't cost us the second 1st round pick to go from 12 to 6.  

Does it really count as over-thinking when the draft is held 20 months after the super bowl?  We're probably fortunate that there hasn't been a major off the field media circus for them to focus on like in recent years (Brady appeal, Rice-like domestic abuse cases, etc...).  Because of that though, they've had pretty much nothing but the draft to cover.  I really wish they'd move it back to the earlier date where they used to hold it, but that move was all about gaining more media coverage and will never change.

Good points -- and amen to what you're proposing. Perhaps they will.

I heard that the NFL is looking to have the draft covered like a presidential debate event -- by all networks?! So weird.

Hasn't it always been on the last couple weeks of April? I recall it moving to May for a year due to scheduling. It's cool that they're doing it in different cities every year now. 

I guess that is the case.  It looks like I remembered the move from that one year and then never even noticed when they moved it back to the original time frame.  Either way, with all the extra coverage thrown towards it today, it feels like we've been talking about this draft since Reagan was in office.

TSW is getting crazier the closer we are to the draft. NFL network is reporting 3 way trade rumors with the Giants/Colts/Bills, and the Cards/Bills trying to move up to #6. This is getting absurd

Bills to giants spot, giants to colts, colts to Bills... I mean I guess. It's all click bait at this point.

Good points -- and amen to what you're proposing. Perhaps they will.

I heard that the NFL is looking to have the draft covered like a presidential debate event -- by all networks?! So weird.

More like an election night event like I sarcastically posted earlier.  Turns out I shouldn't have been sarcastic:  

"That could open up the possibility of other NFL TV partners NBC and CBS joining the mix at some point — in what some executives tell Sporting News could resemble coverage of presidential election returns.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/04/17/report-nfl-could-add-even-more-tv-networks-draft-coverage/525967002/

Hasn't it always been on the last couple weeks of April? I recall it moving to May for a year due to scheduling. It's cool that they're doing it in different cities every year now. 

I do sort of miss the days of it always being in NYC because the Jets always drafted (still draft?) TERRIBLE. Nothing like seeing the light of joy drain from every dude wearing green's face when the pick came out. 

I have no good reason for this, but I think I hate the Jets more than I hate anyone else in the AFC East, which would mean I hate them the most in the league. I love watching them fail.

Hey the draft is a week away. Should we do our own Mock draft?

yes!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.