Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

I didn't mention ANYONE's race.  Some of you are making a RACIST assumption.  Content of Character, not colour of

skin quoth a wise man, a CHRISTIAN man.

God says no tattoos. That's what's wrong.   You know, the frog doesn't realize that the water is getting hotter and hotter until he's

cooked.  I HAVE NO SHAME IN TRADITIONAL AMERICAN CULTURE INCLUDING ITS CHRISTIAN ROOTS.  Call me a troll if you

want, but you've all ignored the fact that football is so very dependent on the QB that it's no longer a team sport.   Maybe y'all

can't remember when RBs could win a game too (save for Barry Sanders in Detroit).

You make a good point. I'll warn you though, sometimes the people around here will look into things like connotations and make inferences that may lead us down an unrightous path. I hope you stick around some more to show us

On to the draft though. I am a little shakey on Baker because of his attitude, and Rosen because, well....let's just say I think he'll ask for too much money down the road...

I wanna like Allen, I really do. But I've seen his college thesis. Whole thing was bout how frogs can adapt their body temperature to sustain hotter and hotter waters. Told him he was full of ######, but the dude was not having it.

Edit: Forgot to mention, big fan of American culture myself. Have a picture of Plymouth Rock in my office. Kiss it every morning

Edited by Jokertecken

I've tried to research these QBs best I can, but only guys like Beane and other GMs have access to mountains of data and can sit down face to face and interview these kids, so I'll trust that Beane has done his due diligence... he seems like a smart guy who's made some slick moves so far... and had a great draft last year.   Hope that continues, QB or not.

I didn't mention ANYONE's race.  Some of you are making a RACIST assumption.  Content of Character, not colour of

God says no tattoos. That's what's wrong.   You know, the frog doesn't realize that the water is getting hotter and hotter until he's

cooked.  I HAVE NO SHAME IN TRADITIONAL AMERICAN CULTURE INCLUDING ITS CHRISTIAN ROOTS.  Call me a troll if you

want, but you've all ignored the fact that football is so very dependent on the QB that it's no longer a team sport.   Maybe y'all

can't remember when RBs could win a game too (save for Barry Sanders in Detroit).

That does make football LESS interesting to me, in that it routinely puts the same teams in the playoffs over and over again, for sure. But it doesn't kill my interest  completely yet, and I think I see a slight decline in the ability of QBs and the amount of truly separated elite ones coming in the future, which could help to increase parity/interest/importance in building a team the way other sports do.

That does make football LESS interesting to me, in that it routinely puts the same teams in the playoffs over and over again, for sure. But it doesn't kill my interest  completely yet, and I think I see a slight decline in the ability of QBs and the amount of truly separated elite ones coming in the future, which could help to increase parity/interest/importance in building a team the way other sports do.

See, the same teams don't make the playoffs time and time again. There's a core of like 3-4 that do, but there's a ton of parity around that core group. The only true constants have been the Patriots, Steelers, Packers, and whatever team Peyton Manning is playing for. Which brings me to my follow-up point: football isn't even close to a 1-position sport. The things that Brady/Rodgers/Manning can cover up for are significant, but are in no way representative of what a tier down (Ryan, Stafford, Rivers, etc.) can cover up for. I still feel like watching three of the best QBs of all time play at the same time has poisoned our expectation of what a "normal" franchise QB can do for a team. Even Brees, who has a one-way ticket to the HoF, has regularly missed the playoffs and lost early when making it. 

God also says a lot about judging people before yourselves. These posts aren't very God inspiring for me.

See, the same teams don't make the playoffs time and time again. There's a core of like 3-4 that do, but there's a ton of parity around that core group. The only true constants have been the Patriots, Steelers, Packers, and whatever team Peyton Manning is playing for. Which brings me to my follow-up point: football isn't even close to a 1-position sport. The things that Brady/Rodgers/Manning can cover up for are significant, but are in no way representative of what a tier down (Ryan, Stafford, Rivers, etc.) can cover up for. I still feel like watching three of the best QBs of all time play at the same time has poisoned our expectation of what a "normal" franchise QB can do for a team. Even Brees, who has a one-way ticket to the HoF, has regularly missed the playoffs and lost early when making it. 

Idk, every single football memory I have that goes past 2 seasons is of like 6 teams and 6 QBs. It's unappealing and actively affects my desire to turn on football when the Bills aren't playing. Even if it's really more complex and nuanced than how I described, it's a thing that turns football off in at least two households (mine and etiennep) 

Idk, every single football memory I have that goes past 2 seasons is of like 6 teams and 6 QBs. It's unappealing and actively affects my desire to turn on football when the Bills aren't playing. Even if it's really more complex and nuanced than how I described, it's a thing that turns football off in at least two households (mine and etiennep) 

AFC                        NFC

New England          Philadelphia

Pittsburgh               Minnesota

Jacksonville            Los Angeles

Kansas City            New Orleans

Tennessee              Carolina

Buffalo                    Atlanta

AFC                      NFC

New England        Dallas

Kansas City          Atlanta

Pittsburgh             Seattle

Houston               Green Bay

Oakland               New York

Miami                   Detroit

AFC                       NFC

Denver                   Carolina

New England         Arizona

Cincinnati               Minnesota

Houston                 Washington

Kansas City           Green Bay

Pittsburgh              Seattle

2015-2016 the AFC had 2 new teams and the NFC had 4 new teams. 2016-2017 the AFC had 3 new teams and the NFC had 5.

Edit: Tellin' ya, a few QBs/teams have completely distorted perceptions.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

AFC                        NFC

New England          Philadelphia

Pittsburgh               Minnesota

Jacksonville            Los Angeles

Kansas City            New Orleans

Tennessee              Carolina

Buffalo                    Atlanta

AFC                      NFC

New England        Dallas

Kansas City          Atlanta

Pittsburgh             Seattle

Houston               Green Bay

Oakland               New York

Miami                   Detroit

AFC                       NFC

Denver                   Carolina

New England         Arizona

Cincinnati               Minnesota

Houston                 Washington

Kansas City           Green Bay

Pittsburgh              Seattle

2015-2016 the AFC had 2 new teams and the NFC had 4 new teams. 2016-2017 the AFC had 3 new teams and the NFC had 5.

Edit: Tellin' ya, a few QBs/teams have completely distorted perceptions.

I guess that's all I'm really saying too. The teams that switch don't end up mattering because all that's left are the same few. My hockey memories are rich with different teams and players even with Pittsburgh, Chicago, and LA doing that thing they've done since 2009. 

I guess that's all I'm really saying too. The teams that switch don't end up mattering because all that's left are the same few. My hockey memories are rich with different teams and players even with Pittsburgh, Chicago, and LA doing that thing they've done since 2009. 

If the lens is who ends up being left at the end, then it's really just one team distorting perceptions: the Pats. There's a lot of turnover all around them. I don't think that really shows any systemic problem in the NFL.

*shrug* To each their own. If you don't enjoy it, you're certainly entitled to that :)

If the lens is who ends up being left at the end, then it's really just one team distorting perceptions: the Pats. There's a lot of turnover all around them. I don't think that really shows any systemic problem in the NFL.

*shrug* To each their own. If you don't enjoy it, you're certainly entitled to that :)

STOP BEING SO CIVIL 

YOUR SPORT SUCKS RROAR

Gangsta = black people. But you knew that. 

And why are all the Catholics I know covered in tats about Jesus? Or is there only one way to be a Christian? 

Ganster (N)

"member of a criminal gang," 1896, American English, from gang (n.) in its criminal sense + -ster. Related: Gangsterism (1918).

-etymologyonline.com

Edit: Forgot to mention, big fan of American culture myself. Have a picture of Plymouth Rock in my office. Kiss it every morning

Cool.

Ganster (N)

"member of a criminal gang," 1896, American English, from gang (n.) in its criminal sense + -ster. Related: Gangsterism (1918).

-etymologyonline.com

Cool.

Gangster does not equal "gangsta". Gangsta is a slang term born of 80s black rap and gang culture. It's a distinctly black term used by black people to describe other black people. No one has ever called a white guy "gangsta".

So either you're racist or ignorant. Your choice. When you use slang, you better know the roots, unless you want to get called out.

That was a command given to Israelites, so unless you're Jewish, it doesn't apply to you, since Christians are not beholden to Old Testament law.

When I was child, when my dad told me to take out the trash, I did.  As an adult, if I visit my dad, and he asks me to take out the

trash, I do. 

OK. I'm sorry, I was just tired and ranting. My head was spinning from pain injections this afternoon.  And I drove through a

bad part of town on the way to my almost in the hood dwelling place where bad music was blaring through my closed windows

and locked doors.  Mea culpa for an angry rant. :-(

But, if we can politely,...It's not like the OT was just a big mistake.  It was to show ALL people, with the Isrealites as a chosen

example, how important and yet how difficult it is to be holy and to approach to God.  The NT was to set the record straight

that what matters is what is in the heart. But a change of heart should produce someone who values what was set forth in the

OT, not as a rigid law.  The NT states that we are to treat our body as a temple for the Holy Spirit. We are to keep our bodies

holy and sanctified.  The portion in the OT that bans tattoos is all about how to distinguish oneself from the heathen and to

be holy.

So, no, you won't go to hell for having or even getting a tattoo. But a true change of heart should direct you to the wisdom of

leaving the body as God created it.

--Not to be haughty, but I have a big bookcase of Bibles and religious texts, and I attended a religious institution in addition to

four other secular/state institutions.  Just saying that I've given this issue a lot of thought and research.  :-)

Gangster does not equal "gangsta". Gangsta is a slang term born of 80s black rap and gang culture. It's a distinctly black term used by black people to describe other black people. No one has ever called a white guy "gangsta".

So either you're racist or ignorant. Your choice. When you use slang, you better know the roots, unless you want to get called out.

Why does a word HAVE TO APPLY TO ONLY ONE RACE?  Aren't MS-13 considered Ganstas?  Aren't many of them Hispanic and White?  I think it is more racist to only use certain terminology for a particular "group".  This word can only be used for Blacks. This word can only describe Hispanics.  This word is only for Whites.  If we are all people, then we should all try to use nice language to describe all people.   But sometimes you have to call out the bad apples,

as I've done in hockey too.

If you have read my posts, you will see, for example, that I am rooting for Daniel Muzito-Bagenda (spelled from memory).  I liked Bruce Smith and Thurman Thomas. One of my heros risked death threats to help blacks in the deep South in the 40's to 60's....I have no problem with people of character and skill.  Just saying that football has lost my interest for _many_ reasons.

Didn’t someone already show up here to advise against feeding trolls?

Dude’s name IRL might be Trolly McTrollFace.

Says, "That Uneducated Smell".

I believe pk subban has a tattoo. A lot of hockey players do.

True, but not so obvious.  Jerseys and gloves and helmets and masks....And I seem to recall a player getting called out for not wearing his dress clothes and showing off his tats...

--Not to be haughty, but I have a big bookcase of Bibles and religious texts, and I attended a religious institution in addition to

four other secular/state institutions.  Just saying that I've given this issue a lot of thought and research.  :-)

I also have a big bookcase of Bibles and texts. I've also attended religious institutions. And yes, you continue to sound like your learning has also infected you with a spirit of pride. My journey has been similar to yours , I suspect, and I can say be careful pride cometh before the fall.

'Ceptin' for Vanilla Ice, who is the exception that proves the rule. :w00t:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.