Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

I’m not sure why - but I am aggressively fed up with the NFL draft talk this year. Which is a little weird because you’d think I’d be super into it with the Bills such a big player.

That’s no slag on the good talk here, btw.

But it hit me yesterday: I’ve had enough. “Uncle.”

It's reached nauseating levels. I'm ready for it to be over with.

Every "latest rumor" has cycled through every single possible quarterback going to every single possible team at this point..

This is true, but Dustin Fox has connections in the Browns FO and has had accurate information about them before. Either way we will know in five days.

Dragging this out is great for the NFL. More hits on nfl.com, and more viewers = more revenue.

I remember when the draft was only on the radio, and nobody knew these prospects except for the scouts. The internet has changed the game.

This or drafting Mason Rudolph at 12.

I'll take Rudolph at 12 no problem.  I think a lot of people are of the opinion that there are 4 or 5 Hall of Fame QBs in this draft class.

There aren't.  These guys all are a little better than ok (except Allen, who is less than ok).  It just happens to be that there are a lot of them.  

But none of them are Peyton Manning.

Edited by Eleven

I'll take Rudolph at 12 no problem.  I think a lot of people are of the opinion that there are 4 or 5 Hall of Fame QBs in this draft class.

There aren't.  These guys all are a little better than ok (except Allen, who is less than ok).  It just happens to be that there are a lot of them.  

But none of them are Peyton Manning.

Taking Rudolph at 12 means you are passing on a quality player though. If you believe Chris Ballard the Colts GM there are 8 Elite Non QB Prospects in the draft. If the Bills are looking at taking Rudolph this probably means that Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield and Allen are off the board. Meaning one of those eight should be available. They would be better off grabbing him and taking a QB at 22( Lamar Jackson Please) or on Day 2.

The question is how much of a difference is there between Rudolph and Mike White or Kyle Lauletta. I have seen Rudolph mentioned as the best QB in the Draft by Chris Trappasso and Joe Marino has mocked him to the Bills at 12.

On the other hand Walter Football said he has been in same spread offense since high school, he cannot go through the progressions and only succeeds when his receivers are wide open. Joe Ledyard from NDT Scouting says he will have trouble adapting to the Erhardt-Perkins System that Daboll uses.

To be honest the only three QBs I would move up for or take at 12 are Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield they seem to have the best chance to succeed.

Taking Rudolph at 12 means you are passing on a quality player though. If you believe Chris Ballard the Colts GM there are 8 Elite Non QB Prospects in the draft. If the Bills are looking at taking Rudolph this probably means that Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield and Allen are off the board. Meaning one of those eight should be available. They would be better off grabbing him and taking a QB at 22( Lamar Jackson Please) or on Day 2.

The question is how much of a difference is there between Rudolph and Mike White or Kyle Lauletta. I have seen Rudolph mentioned as the best QB in the Draft by Chris Trappasso and Joe Marino has mocked him to the Bills at 12.

On the other hand Walter Football said he has been in same spread offense since high school, he cannot go through the progressions and only succeeds when his receivers are wide open. Joe Ledyard from NDT Scouting says he will have trouble adapting to the Erhardt-Perkins System that Daboll uses.

To be honest the only three QBs I would move up for or take at 12 are Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield they seem to have the best chance to succeed.

Like i said, I don't think there are a bunch of Hall of Famers in this draft.  I just don't.  But I do think the Bills have to take a QB with their first pick, whatever pick that may be, because torches and pitchforks if they don't.

But I do think the Bills have to take a QB with their first pick, whatever pick that may be, because torches and pitchforks if they don't.

Possibly, I think there would be more anger if they did not select one on Thursday Night, if they take a positional player with 12 and a QB 22nd the barbarian hordes maybe placated.

Unless Rosen slides and we can snag him at 8 or something, I'm increasingly of the mind that our best option is to stand pat and take Jackson at 12. This, of course, is entirely dependent upon how you feel about Jackson. I love him, and I'd much rather have him than Darnold, Allen, or Rudolph. YMMV.

Best case scenario: Rosen slides towards the back of the top-10 and we can move up for him while keeping most of our picks

Best "realistic" scenario: Jackson at 12.

Things I wouldn't personally do, but would be okay with: trading a lot for Rosen or Mayfield.

Things that would make me kick a puppy: trading a lot for Allen or Darnold, taking Rudolph at 12 over Jackson.

Unless Rosen slides and we can snag him at 8 or something, I'm increasingly of the mind that our best option is to stand pat and take Jackson at 12. This, of course, is entirely dependent upon how you feel about Jackson. I love him, and I'd much rather have him than Darnold, Allen, or Rudolph. YMMV.

Best case scenario: Rosen slides towards the back of the top-10 and we can move up for him while keeping most of our picks

Best "realistic" scenario: Jackson at 12.

Things I wouldn't personally do, but would be okay with: trading a lot for Rosen or Mayfield.

Things that would make me kick a puppy: trading a lot for Allen or Darnold, taking Rudolph at 12 over Jackson.

Giving up assets to move up and take Jackson would make me blow a gasket :lol:

I'm completely unconvinced that he wouldn't have made it to 21.

I don't haaaaaaaate him, I just don't waaaaaant him. 

The word "hate" is reserved for Josh Allen.

Didn't you at some point say Jackson wouldn't even be on your draft board? If that's not hate, I don't know what is! :p

At least we're on the same page with Allen. It's nauseating just to think about possibly drafting him.

Didn't you at some point say Jackson wouldn't even be on your draft board? If that's not hate, I don't know what is! :P

At least we're on the same page with Allen. It's nauseating just to think about possibly drafting him.

I have a tendency to completely overstate my point often, so yeah I probably said that. 

If I sit and really think about it, I definitely would take Jackson past the first round, but I probably wouldn't take him with any pick we have or could possibly get in round 1.

I would just not take a QB this year, but that is just me. :P

Or grab one in the 2nd round.

Mike white or Kyle Lauletta are intriguing. If they could come away from this draft with 2 starting OL, 2 starting LB and the QB of the future I'll need to change my pants.

The guy who Tweets as Yards Per Pass (re the Bills) is pretty good. He Tweeted over the weekend that the reason he likes Allen over Mayfield (but *not* more than Darnold or Rosen) is that Allen's "best" is better than any other QB prospect's best.

Which just seems like a perspective and take tailor-made for teeing up a bust.

I am sure it's analytically flawed, or worse, but I can't shake this video of Allen at the Senior Bowl practices.

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/956228021945618437

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.