Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

I'm not sure how old you are but that is a relatively new thing, one I don't forsee continuing. I don't know what tactical advantage it gives you to do so.

What if a team came to you afterwards and offered 5 first round picks for this year's? Or something ridiculous to that effect.

They could still trade the pick/player after the announcement.     Maybe the league has put a halt to it as a way to increase the drama/attract viewers.  

The advantage was they could begin contract negotiations earlier.    

They could still trade the pick/player after the announcement.     Maybe the league has put a halt to it as a way to increase the drama/attract viewers.  

I don't think there's anything to negotiate anymore.

No way the league allows that to happen

I don't think there's anything to negotiate anymore.

There still is. Joey Bosa held out after he was selected until certain contract stuff was given to him. There's no way the league allows you to negotiate anything until you're officially selected though

No way the league allows that to happen

They used to do it that way... at least before they implemented the rookie wage scale.    eg, Mario Williams signed a deal before the draft in 2006 IIRC.    David Carr and Carson Palmer too I think?

They used to do it that way... at least before they implemented the rookie wage scale.    eg, Mario Williams signed a deal before the draft in 2006 IIRC.    David Carr and Carson Palmer too I think?

Mario Williams was a massive, massive surprise to everyone in the NFL. Everyone in the league, and outside of it, had the Texans picking Bush. Hell, even my grandma had them taking Reggie. I find it very hard to believe he signed a deal before the draft, and yet was probably the biggest draft surprise in the last 20 years, maybe ever

I'd say it's a safe bet that the league now tries to persuade the teams not to announce anything until the day of the draft so that they can boost ratings.

Fred Jackson will be signing a 1 Day contract to retire a Bill. Supposedly streamed live on Facebook at 1:30 today. That’s a man that deserved a playoff game in Buffalo. I’m happy he got a few touches in Seattle.

Class guy and player. The Bills should hire him as their goodwill ambassador or RB coach, whichever he wants to do. On second thought, PSE should hire him as the attitude coach for both the Bills and Sabres. Let him explain to these spoiled kids what hard work is and what it means.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

I'd say it's a safe bet that the league now tries to persuade the teams not to announce anything until the day of the draft so that they can boost ratings.

The league did send out a memo about this maybe seven years ago. ESPN was upset about the this practice.

Also did ESPN lose the draft broadcast rights to Fox this year?

The league did send out a memo about this maybe seven years ago. ESPN was upset about the this practice.

Also did ESPN lose the draft broadcast rights to Fox this year?

No the draft is available on multiple channels this year.  NFL Network, FOX, and ESPN iirc.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with maximizing league income at all.

Forgot to add ABC as well for some of the coverage.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000922401/article/nfl-expanding-television-coverage-for-2018-nfl-draft

No the draft is available on multiple channels this year.  NFL Network, FOX, and ESPN iirc.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with maximizing league income at all.

Forgot to add ABC as well for some of the coverage.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000922401/article/nfl-expanding-television-coverage-for-2018-nfl-draft

4 different broadcasts for an event where absolutely nothing happens for right around 99% of the time it airs.  Amazing.

How can anyone follow a team sport that relies so heavily on one player (i.e. Quarterback) ?

Football sucks. Too many unpatriotic, whiny, tattoed, gansta players.   At least in hockey we don't see that

stuff (yet, God forbid).   CHL hockey players come across as smarter and more gentile than almost all

college edumuhcated footballers.  Ugh.

But yeah, give up the whole freakin' draft to move up to number one to draft yet another bust of a quarterback

because your team can't scout.  At least in hockey scouting and drafting well matters (viz. The Buffalo Sabres).

Sorry, but I'm sooo sick of hearing about how Buffalo needs to move up in the draft.

How can anyone follow a team sport that relies so heavily on one player (i.e. Quarterback) ?

Football sucks. Too many unpatriotic, whiny, tattoed, gansta players.   At least in hockey we don't see that

stuff (yet, God forbid).   CHL hockey players come across as smarter and more gentile than almost all

college edumuhcated footballers.  Ugh.

But yeah, give up the whole freakin' draft to move up to number one to draft yet another bust of a quarterback

because your team can't scout.  At least in hockey scouting and drafting well matters (viz. The Buffalo Sabres).

Sorry, but I'm sooo sick of hearing about how Buffalo needs to move up in the draft.

You seem like a big basketball fan. Am I right?

Football sucks. Too many unpatriotic, whiny, tattoed, gansta players. At least in hockey we don't see that

stuff (yet, God forbid). CHL hockey players come across as smarter and more gentile than almost all

college edumuhcated footballers. Ugh.

because your team can't scout. At least in hockey scouting and drafting well matters (viz. The Buffalo Sabres).

I think your 2nd paragraph explains well why these players feel the need to protest.

Football sucks. Too many unpatriotic, whiny, tattoed, gansta players. At least in hockey we don't see that

stuff (yet, God forbid). CHL hockey players come across as smarter and more gentile than almost all

because your team can't scout. At least in hockey scouting and drafting well matters (viz. The Buffalo Sabres).

How do you feel about the deep state?

Eeesh. This comes across as a bit of a blanket statement. I don't think anyone protesting, which I didn't necessarily agree with, were doing anything other than using the platform they had to protest what they felt were injustices or inequalities.

I don't equate the national anthem with the fabric of our country.

I also don't know what the issues with tattoos are. I work in a factory, almost everyone has some sort of ink. Some are covered, some have a couple, some have a medium amount like me. I don't judge anyone, ink or otherwise. Tattoos are a part of our culture. They are in every walk of life.

Eeesh. This comes across as a bit of a blanket statement. I don't think anyone protesting, which I didn't necessarily agree with, were doing anything other than using the platform they had to protest what they felt were injustices or inequalities.

I don't equate the national anthem with the fabric of our country.

I also don't know what the issues with tattoos are. I work in a factory, almost everyone has some sort of ink. Some are covered, some have a couple, some have a medium amount like me. I don't judge anyone, ink or otherwise. Tattoos are a part of our culture. They are in every walk of life.

Somebody very close to me recently disclosed that they instantly have no respect for, and project lots of negative traits to, people with tattoos. Couldn't give me any meaningful logic behind it, but wouldn't hear any argument otherwise. It was pretty alarming.

Don't worry, we judge you enough for you

:nana:

Somebody very close to me recently disclosed that they instantly have no respect for, and project lots of negative traits to, people with tattoos. Couldn't give me any meaningful logic behind it, but wouldn't hear any argument otherwise. It was pretty alarming.

There are so many people like this.

The stigma was ruined for me really early in life. My bus driver in elementary school, Mr. Bill, had sweet tats. A big grim reaper on one forearm and a spiderweb on his elbow. He was the nicest damn guy in the world and he loved the kids and we all loved him.

There are so many people like this.

The stigma was ruined for me really early in life. My bus driver in elementary school, Mr. Bill, had sweet tats. A big grim reaper on one forearm and a spiderweb on his elbow. He was the nicest damn guy in the world and he loved the kids and we all loved him.

What even is the stigma?? Do they worship satan and perform human sacrifices? 

I didn't mention ANYONE's race.  Some of you are making a RACIST assumption.  Content of Character, not colour of

skin quoth a wise man, a CHRISTIAN man.

God says no tattoos. That's what's wrong.   You know, the frog doesn't realize that the water is getting hotter and hotter until he's

cooked.  I HAVE NO SHAME IN TRADITIONAL AMERICAN CULTURE INCLUDING ITS CHRISTIAN ROOTS.  Call me a troll if you

want, but you've all ignored the fact that football is so very dependent on the QB that it's no longer a team sport.   Maybe y'all

can't remember when RBs could win a game too (save for Barry Sanders in Detroit).

I didn't mention ANYONE's race.  Some of you are making a RACIST assumption.  Content of Character, not colour of

skin quoth a wise man, a CHRISTIAN man.

God says no tattoos. That's what's wrong.   You know, the frog doesn't realize that the water is getting hotter and hotter until he's

cooked.  I HAVE NO SHAME IN TRADITIONAL AMERICAN CULTURE INCLUDING ITS CHRISTIAN ROOTS.  Call me a troll if you

want, but you've all ignored the fact that football is so very dependent on the QB that it's no longer a team sport.   Maybe y'all

can't remember when RBs could win a game too (save for Barry Sanders in Detroit).

Gangsta = black people. But you knew that. 

And why are all the Catholics I know covered in tats about Jesus? Or is there only one way to be a Christian? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.