GDT: Blue Jackets @ Sabres, 1/11/2018, 7pm est MSG

LGR4GM

I really like the guy. I’ve followed his career since he was drafted and he’s not only a good goalie, he’s a good person. Always keeping it light hearted. A few games ago Beautiful Erica asked him in his first star of the game interview “what was key to winning this game?”. He responds “well we got more goals than they did.” Love it!

Seriously though, he needs to get back to Rochester ASAP. There’s a Cup to win.

Yup. I've loved him for years. Hope his success continues.

I really like the guy. I’ve followed his career since he was drafted and he’s not only a good goalie, he’s a good person. Always keeping it light hearted. A few games ago Beautiful Erica asked him in his first star of the game interview “what was key to winning this game?”. He responds “well we got more goals than they did.” Love it!

Seriously though, he needs to get back to Rochester ASAP. There’s a Cup to win.

Go figure the only Amerks game I go to all season, Ullmark and Guhle are gone :lol:

Just finished the game on delay. I have some thoughts...

1. Watching Ullmark play makes me want to find XGMTM right now and set him on fire. A first for Lehner? You bastard.

2. EROD needs to be shot into the sun. He is legit the worst player in the NHL right now. My 6-year old is stronger on her skates.

3. KO is not dead yet.

4. Seriously you Dollar-Store Dwight Schrute, a first round pick for Lehner? Ugh.

5. Angry Risto is good Risto.

6. Scandella can stay.

7. Bobrovisky is legit the best goalie on earth. Torts owes dude his job.

8. Robin Lehner needs to go. God or whatever willing he does...

What a breath of fresh air. Guhle is the Sabres best offensive dman regardless of where he is playing. Ullmark made me feel like a proud papa. Seeing him languish in the futility that was the Amerks until this season was difficult. I was genuinely excited for his every move and wasn't disappointed. What a game.

I watched the game and Ullmark's play gave me a feeling of confidence that I haven't felt in a long time. It just felt he was going to win.

I like Lehner but I always have a sense of dread.

It's a gut feeling but it's all I've got right now. I think he's our goalie next year.

His interview was also very good.

Glad to see the symbolism was noticed and I would say he did add a spark. 

Best looking goaltender I've seen for Buffalo this year.

But agree with all here who say send him back to Amerks to let him and Guhle continue to play in a positive winning atmosphere. 

Trade Lehner over the bye week and Linus/Guhle are now playing in a positive winning atmosphere for the Sabres.

"Dollar store Dwight Schrute" ... lmfao

What a breath of fresh air. Guhle is the Sabres best offensive dman regardless of where he is playing. Ullmark made me feel like a proud papa. Seeing him languish in the futility that was the Amerks until this season was difficult. I was genuinely excited for his every move and wasn't disappointed. What a game.

Ullmark is a study in positivity. His SHL team got relegated. His first year in north America was on a tire fire and yet here he is. His interviews have always been good. Love his positive attitude.

. Agree and Ghule has some wheels... Man if Sabres could draft Dhalin... that would be a helluv a combo or 1-2 punch. Dahlin.. Middlestadt.. Ulmark and CJ smith up next year could make a world of difference. Erod was aweful and Girgenson couldnt spell goal if you spotted him the g and the L. Jack needs a sniper to pass to...

Guhle numerous times took off into the o zone and was offsides. He looked back like wtf? Let’s go! He forced the o zone play with no backup. He did have some brain fart moments on d tho

Yeh he did because the Sabres can't push the puck or skate with it up ice.  He expected the puck to move but the plodders decided to stick handle. And then he got back on D as fast as he got up ice.  He actually skated.  Not perfect on D, but better than his first game.  The guy can stick handle and chase the puck.

Yeh he did because the Sabres can't push the puck or skate with it up ice. He expected the puck to move but the plodders decided to stick handle. And then he got back on D as fast as he got up ice. He actually skated. Not perfect on D, but better than his first game. The guy can stick handle and chase the puck.

They just poke at the puck all night. My section was like “kill him! Take him out!” Nope. Just a poke. And keep him to the outside... blah blah.. blah. GET THE PUCK GD!

They just poke at the puck all night. My section was like “kill him! Take him out!” Nope. Just a poke. And keep him to the outside... blah blah.. blah. GET THE PUCK GD!

Oh that part I agree with. Only Risto and Falk were hitting. A throwing the puck up the wall blindly when a point man is standing there to keep it in drives me up the wall too.

BUF played better in the d-zone, more active and engaged away from the puck which makes a big difference.... still gave up 45 shots but limited the grade A scoring chances and did a nice job collapsing around the Ullmark to clear rebounds.

Ullmark played well, didn't give up any softies.   You can tell he's mentally tough, he battles to find pucks through screens and doesn't get rattled in heavy traffic.    Positionally sound, but it's easy to see where he needs to improve his game.... rebound control, finding pucks in tight, and lateral quickness.     He left some awful juicy rebounds right back up the middle of the slot, and seemed to have trouble finding pucks in tight.    The lateral quickness will improve as he gets accustomed to NHL game speed.    He has all the tools. 

Thought Eichel took his game to another level tonight.    He was noticeable every shift, moving his feet, creating space, getting involved away from the puck in the d-zone and on the back-check.    Need to see more of that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.