---

First 26 games: 7-12-19

17 games from Oct. 24-Dec. 1:  3-5-8

Last  12 games -- since Dec. 2: 8-8-16

---

Last 4 games: 4-3-7

Last 6 games: 7-4-11

#Sabres

Is it Moulson? Is it new lines? Is it natural talent? Or maybe it's Maybeline. 

Remember that pep talk with Russ Brandon?

Not sayin, but I'm just sayin...

BOOM!!

+++++

I think he is just playing and not over thinking every single thing.  I really think he was doing that earlier when he was worried about the new coach and 'system'.

I think Housley decided to 'Free Jack' as well.

I think there are a few reasons for Jack's change.

Waiving Moulson.  Either Jack didn't like having Moulson around (seems unlikely) or he now understands there are impacts to people other than himself if the team doesn't perform and that he has a responsibility to help the team perform.

Rodrigues return to the lineup. It's quite possible that Rodrigues and Eichel can talk about things having shared time at BU together and that it's helping Eichel relax a bit or something that translates to performance on the ice.

I don't think they moved Kane from his wing right at that time did they?  I don't know that it's made a big difference.  

Jack's game has changed since the beginning of December.  It's very noticeable.  His back-checking has improved.  He threw a pretty solid check last night and it was clear the Devils player did NOT expect it.

I like what I am seeing, that's for sure.

And while Jack is on fire, Reinhart is in the freezer. 

No need to bring this comment into a thread about Eichel. 

Waiving Moulson.  Either Jack didn't like having Moulson around (seems unlikely) or he now understands there are impacts to people other than himself if the team doesn't perform and that he has a responsibility to help the team perform.

Rodrigues return to the lineup. It's quite possible that Rodrigues and Eichel can talk about things having shared time at BU together and that it's helping Eichel relax a bit or something that translates to performance on the ice.

I don't think they moved Kane from his wing right at that time did they?  I don't know that it's made a big difference.  

Jack's game has changed since the beginning of December.  It's very noticeable.  His back-checking has improved.  He threw a pretty solid check last night and it was clear the Devils player did NOT expect it.

Why not ? The lack of production on Reinhart's part (and others) could be the very reason mentally Jack has decided to step up his game. 

I agree with this.

Jack's play was substandard for much of the season.  His play has changed and and now he looks like a 2nd overall pick and elite player.  It wasn't coaching.  it was simply Jack needing to get his head out of his ass and play like he talks.

Or...... Jack realizes he's close to an obtainable bonus and doesn't want to lose out on the money this time.......

It's simple, Jack made a decision to put forth maximum effort and moving Kane off his line so Jack could focus on making the best decision with the puck (pass or shot) vs primarily being Kane's playmaker.

I'd like to see Jack and Kane on the 1st PP with Kane focused on being a net front presence.  

Jack Eichel has been imbued with the spirit of Mittelstadt. Did you really think the Casey magic was going to be limited to just one player?

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?

Praise His Name.

I agree with this.

Jack's play was substandard for much of the season.  His play has changed and and now he looks like a 2nd overall pick and elite player.  It wasn't coaching.  it was simply Jack needing to get his head out of his ass and play like he talks.

It could very well have been coaching...maybe not Phil, but perhaps some other higher-up (teammate, agent, etc) who gently gave a gentle nudge about how poor his attitude and demeanor were, and if he wanted to be a captain it was time to start acting like one.

Whatever it was, it was much needed. Jack was quickly becoming my least favorite player for a couple of weeks. (Not like I was ever a moody d-bag at 21...NO SIR!!!  :angel: )

-Death

-Taxes

-A 20/21 year old on the 30th best ES team in the league having a rough 25 game stretch before continuing to carry said team on back, somehow a top 7 ES point producer in the league despite all this

-Grumpy old men on message boards grumbling about attitude and having various other asinine takes during that 25 game stretch based on pure conjecture with no ultimate grounding in reality 

:angel: 

Eichel is now 4th in the league in EV/SH scoring. Imagine if the PP was even average this season?

An update from a post that I previously made in a another thread ...

post-1053-0-51317300-1514655731_thumb.jpg

Jacks' even-strength production is WAY up this season.  Unfortunately, his PP production is WAY down.  If the latter were at even his first season's pace, he'd be over a point-per-game player (~41 points in 38GP.)

% of points scored ES/PP/SH:

2015-16: 62.5%/37.5%/0.0%

2016-17: 57.9%/42.1%/0.0%

2017-18: 82.9%/11.4%/5.7%

Edited by carpandean

-Death

-Taxes

-A 20/21 year old on the 30th best ES team in the league having a rough 25 game stretch before continuing to carry said team on back, somehow a top 7 ES point producer in the league despite all this

-Grumpy old men on message boards grumbling about attitude and having various other asinine takes during that 25 game stretch based on pure conjecture with no ultimate grounding in reality

:angel:

this

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.