Canada vs USA: WJC Outdoor Game, 3:00pm EDT. 12-29-2017

WildCard

I'm going and planning on freezing to death. It shall be fun.

You tailgating? Debating about it seeing as how cold it'll be

Only if you want to lower your body temperature even further.

Given the way I treat my body this will probably be a good day for it

Edited by Jokertecken

Tail gating under 50 deg F.

Pull the tail gate off my pickup, put a couple saw horses under it in the middle of the bar room. It holds all the food.

If anyone is also obsessed with relieving themselves at ambient temperatures I can facilitate that also. We live squarely in the middle of no-where, every tree is at your service. I only ask one favor, please remember to pee facing downhill. :thumbsup:

Edited by skogslopp

I'm going with 5 other family members.

I've been through a lot colder weather but usually have the option of moving around or working to stay warm.

All of my cold weather gear is with me.

Hope it's a good game, they were talking about 38,000 tickets sold as of last night. That won't be the look they were hoping for on TV.

That number will boost the overall attendance, which has been low, thus far.

I've been through a lot colder weather but usually have the option of moving around or working to stay warm.

Hope it's a good game, they were talking about 38,000 tickets sold as of last night. That won't be the look they were hoping for on TV.

Think they might have sold more tickets if the game was being played on Saturday

Attendance has been very poor across the board. Would not be surprised at all if the early games Tuesday & and today drew less than 1k each. They definitely had less than 2k each. The Canada Finland game was ~8k. Very surprising.

And stopped for dinner at a restaurant that was abolutely packed during the last WJC's & there was only 1/2 the tables on the 1st floor occupied. Pretty sure the 2nd floor wasn't even open. Definitely not getting the tourist $'s in this time.

Attendance has been very poor across the board. Would not be surprised at all if the early games Tuesday & and today drew less than 1k each. They definitely had less than 2k each. The Canada Finland game was ~8k. Very surprising.

And stopped for dinner at a restaurant that was abolutely packed during the last WJC's & there was only 1/2 the tables on the 1st floor occupied. Pretty sure the 2nd floor wasn't even open. Definitely not getting the tourist $'s in this time.

Maybe foreigners are staying away because of our country's leaders current war against all things not deemed American.

38,000? I am shocked. It was my impression that thing would sell out in minutes. Granted, I don't follow the WJC, but I keep hearing about all this fervor and nationalism surrounding the event. I wonder if the assumption that it would sell out kept some people from even trying to get tickets.

Who thought watching teenage boys play hockey was a chance to cash in like this?

But this time — through two days — the fans have stayed away. There are many reasons. The ticket prices were set high, between $30 and $110 for games inside the KeyBank Center, and $55 to $137 for the outdoor spectacle.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/canada-world-junior-slovakia-wharnsby-1.4465788

38,000? I am shocked. It was my impression that thing would sell out in minutes. Granted, I don't follow the WJC, but I keep hearing about all this fervor and nationalism surrounding the event. I wonder if the assumption that it would sell out kept some people from even trying to get tickets.

Who thought watching teenage boys play hockey was a chance to cash in like this?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/canada-world-junior-slovakia-wharnsby-1.4465788

Yeah $110 to watch a freaking junior game is absolutely insane. Tops tickets for this should be $50

I'm going and planning on freezing to death. It shall be fun.

Me too. Partly sunny and 13 in Hamburg right now. Best News, no wind. But we are 4 hours from puck drop. Sec 309 Row 2.

Yeah $110 to watch a freaking junior game is absolutely insane. Tops tickets for this should be $50

Upper decks are just $55. Haven't looked at Stubhub yet. Edited by PromoTheRobot

That's what they were if you bought the full package. (Of course, all the other 30ish (depending on if relegation goes 2 or 3 games) games were that price as well.)

It definitely appears that the powers that be misguaged demand (no Schlitz, Sherlock; any other deep insights :lol:). To try to avoid losing out on anticipated ticket revenues that went to scalpers last time, they sure missed out on a lot of beer & cotton candy wrapped ice cream cones. (Yes, they really do sell those in the Mmarena!)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.