Canada vs USA: WJC Outdoor Game, 3:00pm EDT. 12-29-2017

WildCard

I haven't had a chance to look, but with the loss to Slovakia, is this a must-win for the US to make it to the medal round?

Nope. They still technically sit second in their pool, currently. And in a tiebreaker, goal differential factors in, for which they are in good standing.

I know a number of people who have resisted travelling to the States because of Trump, my wife foremost among them.

Me too.  And my wife too.

3 good friends, who happen to be Muslims, are in NYC for New Years.  It seemed that they were ashamed to tell me and it just came out by chance in a conversation we had 2 days before they left.

:rolleyes:

Ghost town in here too. Game started 30 mins ago and not a word on what's happening.

Snow is falling pretty good. Game is slowing down and getting chippy.

+1

---

These outdoor games are a terrible idea. This is not a good way to play this hockey game. And no one gets a viewing angle as good as a regular game.

At this point I'm just hoping no one gets injured.

The skill of each team is no longer on display. Its pond hockey where guys are falling all over from snow build up. Its hard to see what is happening in the near boards.

And 2 zip Canada . on the PP again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.