GDT: Blue Jackets at Sabres 7PM 11-20-2017

spndnchz

I'll watch tonight. One of the few games I've been able to watch live (investing in NHL Center Ice this season seems like wasted money thus far). Go Sabres! Win streak is on the way!  :w00t:

BTW - Post 10,000.... took me well over a decade.

Congrats on the milestone.

I just passed it myself in a little over 6 years.

#Sabres  lines:

Kane-ROR-Reinhart

Pouliot-Larsson-Okposo

Girgensons-Eichel-Pominville

Griffith-Criscuolo-Nolan

Scandella-Falk

McCabe-Beaulieu

Gorges-Antipin

Jack is centering the third line

I haven't watched or kept up with hockey news in a while (out of the country)... who the hell is Criscuolo?

On paper our team is awful. No wonder we suck.  B-) 

Congrats on the milestone.

I just passed it myself in a little over 6 years.

There was a crash back in the day, which reset everyone's join date to 2006 I think.... so I'm not sure when I first joined this site. Either way, it took me a long time to get to 10,000 posts. I'm certain the majority of my posts appear in game day threads over the years. I've always had fun watching games and posting / following along on this forum. The real-time exchanges are entertaining IMHO.

Eichel away from Kane! Eichel away from Kane!

Of course this was coming.  O'Reilly assisted on Kane's goal in the last game. Clearly the magic is there. ;)

In other news, Larsson centering the second line.

I know he looked useful against Carolina, but the idea of him centering a second line is ... discouraging.

Let's be real... does anyone look at Pouliot - Larsson - Okposo as a second line over Pominville - Eichel - Girgensons?

https://twitter.com/sethrorabaugh/status/932653031136616453

Herb Brooks revisited!

Sabres need this.

The Michigan Mile drill.  I love it.  Used it with my kids last year.  It's a great conditioning drill.  Especially if you start yelling times out and get the groups to compete against each other.

In other news, Larsson centering the second line.

I know he looked useful against Carolina, but the idea of him centering a second line is ... discouraging.

At least he has some decent wingers.

To be fair he's playing with our #1 RW and #2 LW. Its not like he's saddled with Nolan and Griffith.

Saw it too late.

I don't remember these things well, but wasn't 28-15-29 the top line at some point? Right off the git go maybe? And they produced? qwk will probably approve.

Any surprise Housley waited for game 21? Maybe he picked up the breaking down of the season into segments from Scotty.

It's Thanksgiving Week. Start of a homestand. Start of a new segment. The lines are shuffled. It snowed. And — Bills season is over. It's all pointing to a turnaround, I tell ya!

Any surprise Housley waited for game 21? Maybe he picked up the breaking down of the season into segments from Scotty.

It's Thanksgiving Week. Start of a homestand. Start of a new segment. The lines are shuffled. It snowed. And — Bills season is over. It's all pointing to a turnaround, I tell ya!

I honestly don't know which franchise is in worse condition right now. On 11/20/17, the Sabres are the worst team in the NHL and the Bills are currently the worst team in the NFL....besides Cleveland, maybe

I honestly don't know which franchise is in worse condition right now. On 11/20/17, the Sabres are the worst team in the NHL and the Bills are currently the worst team in the NFL....besides Cleveland, maybe

Coyotes are still below us, but you did make me look :p

Edited by Huckleberry

Ya know I like the idea of moving Jackie boy down a notch or 2 to see how he responds. 

Does he he get mad and pout or does he take advantage of the supposedly easier minutes? 

Truth be told though no minutes on any line has looked easy in awhile for this team. 

It's maybe not moving him down a notch or two as much as it is putting him with defensively responsible forwards.  That's probably good for his development.  This year is over.

They're due to score more than 1 tonight right? Or should we expect less, go for the baby steps approach? Will they register a shot within the first 5 minutes? How about the first 10?

It's mind blowing just how bad this team has been. At least during the tank years we had the hopes "well this will be worth it in 3 years". That time is now and it almost seems like we're regressing.

It's maybe not moving him down a notch or two as much as it is putting him with defensively responsible forwards.  That's probably good for his development.  This year is over.

So putting ROR who's a -14 in +/- with the supposed unresponsible forwards is going to help him???

I think it was the effort someone showed for that Williams goal Saturday is what gave him his new linemates.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.