GDT: Blue Jackets at Sabres 7PM 11-20-2017

spndnchz

So putting ROR who's a -14 in +/- with the supposed unresponsible forwards is going to help him???

I think it was the effort someone showed for that Williams goal Saturday is what gave him his new linemates.

Maybe it's "punishment," maybe not.  Maybe it's related to that lack of effort, and Housley wants him with guys who know what they're doing in their own end.

This is a losing hockey team.  NO ONE has a positive plus-minus.  But the best two forwards on the team are Girgensons (even) and Pominville (-3).

O'Reilly's is, in fact, the worst.  But I don't think too many people see him as irresponsible defensively.

Per Joe Yerdon

Jack Eichel didn’t view it as a demotion. He said it’s on everyone to help improve the offense.

Shouldn't this be seen as demotion? Come on, anyone whose been watching Eichel this season can tell the effort hasn't' been there. He seems to give up to easily and his body language screams 1 part frustration / 1 part I don't want to be here.

Right. It's not a demotion, it's just the correct lines. It's what the lines should have been from day 1. 

Agreed. If they had ordered them as stated 3-1-2 (Eichel, ROR, Larsson) rather than the current order nobody would have batted an eye, and we would be mildly excited for the thought of a Kane-less Eichel game.

It's all semantics.

You really think the Larsson line is playing more shifts tonight? I don't. 

I'll upper deck my own toilet if Larsson plays more TOI than Eichel tonight. Seriously. :sick:

You've all been calling for the team to separate him from Kane and now it's a demotion.

Right. It's not a demotion, it's just the correct lines. It's what the lines should have been from day 1. 

Yes get the teams #1 hustler away from the teams #1 Lolligagger

Agreed. If they had ordered them as stated 3-1-2 (Eichel, ROR, Larsson) rather than the current order nobody would have batted an eye, and we would be mildly excited for the thought of a Kane-less Eichel game.

It's all semantics.

I'll upper deck my own toilet if Larsson plays more TOI than Eichel tonight. Seriously. :sick:

Right, but they didn't indicate them 3-1-2, they listed them as 1-2-3. What if the posted lines for opening night were listed 4-1-2-3? Ours heads would have been exploding and nobody would have been arguing semantics.

This is absolutely is a demotion and his ice-time is going to be dictated by how he responds.

I believe it is also a pass for Jack to solo more.  If Pommers can't keep up he will at least be in a good defensive position.  If Girgs can dig and keep up, they could generate some decent chances.  ROR and Reinhart seems like a way for ROR to be more offensively creative and perhaps get the other two second chance opportunities.  Larry's line will be alamo mode imho.  

Edited by 3putt

I believe it is also a pass for Jack to solo more.  If Pommers can't keep up he will at least be in a good defensive position.  If Girgs can dig and keep up, they could generate some decent chances.  ROR and Reinhart seems like a way for ROR to be more offensively creative and perhaps get the other two second chance opportunities.  Larry's line will be alamo mode imho.

Pommers can't keep up and Zemgus can't finish. It's all a sly attempt to get Jack to shoot...

He signed the deal right for 80 million. He didn’t have to

Hindsight is a real son of a bitch, isn't it? Botteril should have waited it out, could have signed Jack to a reasonable bridge deal which would have allowed us to sign Kane. If jack is worth all the money in the world after the bridge by all means pay him.

At least we didn't sign Reinhart yet.

Yes get the teams #1 hustler away from the teams #1 Lolligagger

VVTwTyR.gif

Pommers can't keep up and Zemgus can't finish. It's all a sly attempt to get Jack to shoot...

Pominville scored his goals from Jack's passing.  But I do think the combination is designed to get Eichel out of the zone and create 1 on however many and then dish if needed. 

At least for one game we can kind of say we have $10 mil third line center. 

No, he doesn't start earning 10 mil til next season.

Anyway wasn't Z, Jack and Pommers the 1st line a few weeks ago?

Well I got my wish of Jack and Kane split.  Now lets hope it works and Wowie sticks with it.

It's all semantics.

That's an interesting visual you'll given me,. So like you'll give a flying shaught?

3Putt has an interesting take, get him to play more solo, take more shots no fear with 2 good defensive players. 

I agree the ice time totals at end should give a good indication. I personally hope its metered out based on who is playing the best relatively speaking. 

It may also be to try and position Jack playing some easier minutes against the 3rd line. It'll be interesting to see with last line change if that  is what he actually does put him out against CBJ 3rd line.  May make torts break up some of set combinations to try and counter if it has a positive result.

Last anything is worth a try to break this funk they are playing in.      

But not until next year.

I hope its not the case next year.  He might not yet be getting paid $10 mil now but he was offered and signed a contract for it.  Here's to hoping its a one game wake up call and that somehow he becomes what many hoped because I do not think a bigger paycheck makes someone better.  The hope of getting one seems to though with Kane.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.