GDT Sabres at Montreal 7pm 11/11/17. MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Win, lose, whatever...

Go Bills!

Wish I had more confidence in the Bills. I'm a confirmed non believer. Yeah, pretty decent start but I see it not true reflection of the team unfortunately. Of course I had confidence the Sabres would be better so what do I know?

This is the kind of game Sabres teams down through the years have won. Disappointing loss the night before, on HNIC, in Montreal... all primed for the frog refs to hand another win to the homeboys to crackle across the radio dial from Newfoundland to BC.

Sabres 3, Habs 2 in ooooooovertime. You know who gets the you know what.

This is the kind of game Sabres teams down through the years have won. Disappointing loss the night before, on HNIC, in Montreal... all primed for the frog refs to hand another win to the homeboys to crackle across the radio dial from Newfoundland to BC.

Sabres 3, Habs 2 in ooooooovertime. You know who gets the you know what.

Nolan gets the power-play-eliminating roughing penalty late in the third of a 1Goal game?

The well-occupied rafters get the scowl from Jack when he misses the open net?

Fedun gets the sphincter-tightening Lehner glare after failing to tie his man up in front?

John Scott gets the gold victory helmet or whatever it was for the post-game interview?

Brian Flynn gets the shootout winning goal for the Sabres in Montreal? (I swear that happened like four times during the tank season)

Had a trip into Buffalo this morning for a noon youth game and a trip home.  Tiring.  I get to fly to Orlando tomorrow for work (yay?).

The team needs a jolt.  Time to find their game... wonder if they will face Montoya or their upstart 3rd string goalie who had been a perfect 5-0 since filling in.

Nolan gets the power-play-eliminating roughing penalty late in the third of a 1Goal game?

The well-occupied rafters get the scowl from Jack when he misses the open net?

Fedun gets the sphincter-tightening Lehner glare after failing to tie his man up in front?

John Scott gets the gold victory helmet or whatever it was for the post-game interview?

Brian Flynn gets the shootout winning goal for the Sabres in Montreal? (I swear that happened like four times during the tank season)

POTY so far.

Didja hear Wowie's appraisal of Nolan's penalty?

---

For those who are wondering, these Sabres are not in the running for worst 20-game start in franchise history. That belongs to the immortal 13-14 squad (9 points). 86-87 had 11. They are tied with 70-71 , 02-03 and 14/15 with 12 points. First year of Sabres hockey, the bankrupt/owner arrested year and the second year of The Tank. Good company. Surely they will get a point to escape infamy. @Montreal @Pitt @Detroit Carolina

POTY so far.

Didja hear Wowie's appraisal of Nolan's penalty?

---

For those who are wondering, these Sabres are not in the running for worst 20-game start in franchise history. That belongs to the immortal 13-14 squad (9 points). 86-87 had 11. They are tied with 70-71 , 02-03 and 14/15 with 12 points. First year of Sabres hockey, the bankrupt/owner arrested year and the second year of The Tank. Good company. Surely they will get a point to escape infamy. @Montreal @Pitt @Detroit Carolina

I didn't. In general I have to say that I smile when teammates drop everything to defend each other without having to be prodded (surely a result of Lucic-Miller)

But a high stick? It was just a high sticking penalty. Not an elbow, late hit, hit to the head. An accidental high-stick. 

Which leads me to believe he was just doing it because?

At which point situational awareness HAS to kick in. This is the NHL.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.