GDT Sabres at Montreal 7pm 11/11/17. MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Oddly, after the last game I predicted we'd see a lot of 2-1 losses this year. Go figure. 

Same old same old, these guys just can't finish. Can't score. 

Lots of people wanted Reinhart on Eichel's line and you got it, and he got exactly zero points. 

For those of you that called this a "good" hockey game, your bar has really fallen low. Neither one of those teams on the ice tonight is any good. 

Rubbish. Total rubbish. 

Kudos sir! Once again, right on the mark. I believe the bar has fallen incredibly low on these blogs. Watch St. Louis and even the Flyers this year. We may have been "in" last nights game, but we will get smoked several more times this season unless we get incredible goal tending to hold us in. we are not nearly fast nor physical enough to play with any of the big boys.

Washington was tired when they played the Sabres (2nd night of their back to back) and they actually have been underachieving so far this season. Don't take that game as "we're turning the corner". We most definitely are not.  Again, Chad Johnson deserved better. If we wait until US Thanksgiving to reassess, the season can be officially declared over.

TSN stats indicate, that if you're out of the playoffs by US Thanksgiving, the odds are heavily against you from that point on, to get in.

Yes was the correct call.  MSG should have pointed that out at the time.  It sucked, but it was the correct call.

It could have gone either way. The arm went up when Scandella turned toward the ref and the stick was raking him. It just didn't seem like the natural aftermath of a shot. The stick stayed up and did its business. I'd like to know how the ref got talked out of that one. It's not plausible that he didn't see the Hab shooting the puck. Well, whatever.

Also this Montreal team doesn't impress me at all, only one that scared me was byron with his speed.

Could have been up by 3 if we could have capitalised on the juicy rebounds Lindgren laid out for us in the 1st period.

Montreal is playing tank style sabres bad, dump and chase and fire shots from all angles at the goalie.  but they do have the speed for it.

Totally agree with this. Don't see this Montreal team making the playoffs either and Julien will be fired seasons end at the latest. 

Totally agree with this. Don't see this Montreal team making the playoffs either and Julien will be fired seasons end at the latest. 

Pokey, where have you been all my life? Totally agree with your assessment once again. Julien will be canned by the end of this season. Montreal doesn't look good at all, even when Price was in goal to start this season. Rookie Lindgren is stealing some games and they were ripe for the picking against the Sabres. Not sure why the Habs are stinking with the guys they have and I do like Julien, (hell, I wanted him here!!) but his methods seem to wear thin with the players after only a few seasons for some reason.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.