Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

Absolutely. A playoff game might be the only way to top last years Rochester meet up. I would prefer the 25th, but either night works for me.

Dude I wish this OT wasn’t swallowing me up. I had a great time with all you guys. If they can make it to round 2 I’ll be winding down by then I hope. Well just have to do another meet up. First and second rounds at the bar are on me!.....

Seriously.

Well.. if you want the sure thing you'll need the 25th to be the date.

Might be interested.. need to check the schedule and see what tickets cost.  A few unexpected expenses have left things a little thin.

Blackwell does not have a Sabre contract, but Botterill specifically mentioned Malone as one of three under-the

-radar prospects he like. CJ Smith was another. Can’t remember the third off the top of my head.

That doesn't mean Blackwell isn't given a two-way contract over the summer.  I like Smith's chances of making the team next year, especially if he has a strong playoffs.  We look to have a glut of forwards, but are any really good enough to help our top 6?

Well.. if you want the sure thing you'll need the 25th to be the date.

Might be interested.. need to check the schedule and see what tickets cost. A few unexpected expenses have left things a little thin.

Ugh. Not thrilled about a weekday Meetup. I'll Have to be on my best bevaior and no one wants that. Let me check my work schedule and see if I have any conflicts.

Ugh. Not thrilled about a weekday Meetup. I'll Have to be on my best bevaior and no one wants that. Let me check my work schedule and see if I have any conflicts.

Yea.. I would prefer the 27th too... although I am not available that day so it won't matter either way.

GOD! i so so want to join you guys.. sigh!

Don’t feel too bad, man. I live here and I don’t think I’ll make it to a first round meetup. If there is a fourth game I’ll be there, but let’s hooe we’re on to round 2 by then.

I’ve been so “chronologically f’ed up” that I’m just now coming to grips with this thing starting up tomorrow. Amerks site didn’t seem to mention broadcasting of any type. TV? Radio at least? Never done the radio and would have to sit in the truck as that’s the only radio I have. Anyone know of any other options? Besides a drive to Cuse.

BTW....

Which Hip tune is my quote from?

RIP Gordie.

ECHL affiliate Cincinnati stayed alive in best of 5 playoff by beating Fort Wayne 7-6 in OT. Johansson stopped 45 shots; 148 in the series for an average of 49 saves per game. He’s projected to be the Amerks starter next season. FW leads series 2-1.

ECHL affiliate Cincinnati stayed alive in best of 5 playoff by beating Fort Wayne 7-6 in OT. Johansson stopped 45 shots; 148 in the series for an average of 49 saves per game. He’s projected to be the Amerks starter next season. FW leads series 2-1.

Good stuff

It’s largely been a tale of two halves for Rochester. Great first half, among the league’s best, and a second half among the league’s worst. The struggle appears to have carried over into the playoffs, but there’s still time.

It’s largely been a tale of two halves for Rochester. Great first half, among the league’s best, and a second half among the league’s worst. The struggle appears to have carried over into the playoffs, but there’s still time.

I haven't seen the same struggles. When they were at their worst, they were bereft of scoring, through injuries and call ups. What I see now, is a severe lack of defensive cohesion. As this version of the Amerks hasn't been iced until now, the lack of defensive coverage makes sense. They are unfortunately going to get eliminated before they put it all together.

Down 5-2 looking every bit as disjointed as the Sabres. My hope has been eviscerated. I don't have MSG currently and I might not bother to get it. This org has flushed every ounce of optimism I ever had. I have the utmost confidence the Bills will be consistently better than the Sabres and I don't think the Bills are going to be good anytime soon. Maybe I can root for Vaaayguus (the Uber weird Canadian pronunciation).

I haven't seen the same struggles. When they were at their worst, they were bereft of scoring, through injuries and call ups. What I see now, is a severe lack of defensive cohesion. As this version of the Amerks hasn't been iced until now, the lack of defensive coverage makes sense. They are unfortunately going to get eliminated before they put it all together.

Which is it then?

I see a team lacking NHL prospects.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.