Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder who these guys are replacing as their roster was pretty stacked at the end of the season. I'm sure between promotion and expiring contracts, they have at least 4 or 5 spots open maybe even double that.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Paetsch retire. Bailey and Baptiste graduate. I’m glad to see moves being made now and not late summer.

Which Amerk would you guess is most likely to be involved in one of Botterills’ trades?

Nylander before he becomes completely worthless.... and Fasching, who doesn't fit the system. Ullmark plus, for an established goaltender... Fluery? Bishop? Smith? Crawford?

Nylander before he becomes completely worthless.... and Fasching, who doesn't fit the system. Ullmark plus, for an established goaltender... Fluery? Bishop? Smith? Crawford?

Why did you just name a bunch of old goaltenders? 

Fleury, will be 34 in November, Bishop will be 32 in November, Smith will be 37 in March, and Crawford will be 34 in December. Also Bishop and Smith and mediocre years at best. 

Ullmark will be 25 in July.  I will take a chance on a guy who is 9 years younger than 3 of the 4 guys you listed. 

Fleury, will be 34 in November, Bishop will be 32 in November, Smith will be 37 in March, and Crawford will be 34 in December. Also Bishop and Smith and mediocre years at best.

Ullmark will be 25 in July. I will take a chance on a guy who is 9 years younger than 3 of the 4 guys you listed.

Yup.

Amerks next year

Forwards (19 possible so far)

New guys: Pu, Asplund, Olofsson (probably), Aquin, and Oglevie

Returnees: Porter, Cornel, Nylander, Criscuolo

AHL possible returnee: Blackwell (FA), Gill (FA)

ECHL Returnees: Karabacek

RFAs: Fasching, Malone, Bailey, Smith, O’Regan, Griffith (only Baptiste graduates for sure, but also an RFA).

Defense: 9 Possible

New Guys: Borgen, Paquette-Bisson

Returnees: Tennyson, Fedun

ECHL Returnee: Stephens

Fighting for NHL Job: Guhle

AHL FA: Redmond, Percy, MacMillan

Goaltending

Returnee: Johansson

ECHL RFA: Kasdorf

AHL FA: Wilcox

The defense reflects the state of our prospect pool. Right now Borgen is the only Sabres drafted D prospect slated for Roch if Guhle makes the Sabres. Thanks TM. The forwards look deep with another wave of prospects. In goal, I like Johansson as the starter, but who will be his backup?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Ullmark will be 25 in July.  I will take a chance on a guy who is 9 years younger than 3 of the 4 guys you listed. 

They need a veteran... look how well that worked out for Vegas.  Without Fluery they're on back-nine by now.   

I'm not that high on Ullmark.    He looks like a young Lehner to me... poor rebound control... struggles positionally.   Nice guy tho.

I'd rather they move him while he still has value, and acquire a veteran who can take a leadership role for a couple seasons while they restock the goalie cupboard.     Maybe even go after a guy like Shestyorkin if they can somehow pry him away for NYR.

They need a veteran... look how well that worked out for Vegas.  Without Fluery they're on back-nine by now.   

I'm not that high on Ullmark.    He looks like a young Lehner to me... poor rebound control... struggles positionally.   Nice guy tho.

I'd rather they move him while he still has value, and acquire a veteran who can take a leadership role for a couple seasons while they restock the goalie cupboard.     Maybe even go after a guy like Shestyorkin if they can somehow pry him away for NYR.

Look, no offence at all

Could not agree less with you on the Ullmark part,

Lehner and Ullmark are two way different goalies, wait and you will see because i dont believe youve seen Ullmark that much,

please correct me if im wrong. I have, ive litterly watched the guy grow up playing over here in Sweden, Ullmarks rebound controle is 10 times better than Lehner. Ullmark will prove you wrong this season when he takes the net in Buffalo.

Look, no offence at all

Could not agree less with you on the Ullmark part,

Lehner and Ullmark are two way different goalies, wait and you will see because i dont believe youve seen Ullmark that much,

please correct me if im wrong. I have, ive litterly watched the guy grow up playing over here in Sweden, Ullmarks rebound controle is 10 times better than Lehner. Ullmark will prove you wrong this season when he takes the net in Buffalo.

This is good to hear. I really hope Ullmark finds success at the next level. Goalies are difficult to project. Even if Ullmark does well in Buffalo, I still think they need an experienced veteran to not only help him along, but be ready to take the reigns if required.

This is good to hear. I really hope Ullmark finds success at the next level. Goalies are difficult to project. Even if Ullmark does well in Buffalo, I still think they need an experienced veteran to not only help him along, but be ready to take the reigns if required.

On this part, i could not agree more. 

Im sure Ullmark is ready to take the next step, Jbot also made that very clear and this is the reason he now will be in net for Sabres next season.

Who would you want to see as "experianced veteran", any suggestion ?

Id say Robert Luongo would be a good fit for Ullmark.

On this part, i could not agree more. 

Im sure Ullmark is ready to take the next step, Jbot also made that very clear and this is the reason he now will be in net for Sabres next season.

Who would you want to see as "experianced veteran", any suggestion ?

Id say Robert Luongo would be a good fit for Ullmark.

I think they will be forced to use Lehner for that if they can't trade him.

I think they will be forced to use Lehner for that if they can't trade him.

They aren't going to trade him. No one will take him because they don't want to qualify him at $4mil+. He's going to free agency after the Sabres don't qualify him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.