Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

Two things I need at a hockey game. Hockey and cold beer, temperature negotiable.

The last time I went, the one side of the scoreboard (the side facing us) wasn't even working.  You could not hear nor understand the announcer and the music was so distorted that I swear my ears were bleeding.

While I generally agree with you on the cold beer and hockey (and the temperature), I do prefer to not suffer measurable hearing loss from attending the game.  Granted, I had just survived our Vegas SS meetup so Sunday was a SLOOOOOOW day for me and I was overtired but man... it was pretty awful.  I'd think to think that it might help pack the barn a bit and having more people in the arena will help.... if they aren't able to pack BCA for a playoff game then I weep for us.

The last time I went, the one side of the scoreboard (the side facing us) wasn't even working. You could not hear nor understand the announcer and the music was so distorted that I swear my ears were bleeding.

While I generally agree with you on the cold beer and hockey (and the temperature), I do prefer to not suffer measurable hearing loss from attending the game. Granted, I had just survived our Vegas SS meetup so Sunday was a SLOOOOOOW day for me and I was overtired but man... it was pretty awful. I'd think to think that it might help pack the barn a bit and having more people in the arena will help.... if they aren't able to pack BCA for a playoff game then I weep for us.

I usually sit in 224 or 225 and haven't had that experience. To be fair, I'm usually tying one on pretty good.

The last time I went, the one side of the scoreboard (the side facing us) wasn't even working. You could not hear nor understand the announcer and the music was so distorted that I swear my ears were bleeding.

While I generally agree with you on the cold beer and hockey (and the temperature), I do prefer to not suffer measurable hearing loss from attending the game. Granted, I had just survived our Vegas SS meetup so Sunday was a SLOOOOOOW day for me and I was overtired but man... it was pretty awful. I'd think to think that it might help pack the barn a bit and having more people in the arena will help.... if they aren't able to pack BCA for a playoff game then I weep for us.

Early round AHL playoff games don’t draw well across the league. This isn’t the NHL. Excitement doesn’t build up until the later rounds. The AHL is dependent on group sales and you just don’t get those in the playoffs. There’s also a short window to sell tickets. If it’s a weekday game, the crowd will be very small.

Also the Amerks are in the midst of probably the worst 10 year stretch in franchise history. The fan base isn’t strong right now.

Edited by Amerks8796

Early round AHL playoff games don’t draw well across the league. This isn’t the NHL. Excitement doesn’t build up until the later rounds. The AHL is dependent on group sales and you just don’t get those in the playoffs. There’s also a short window to sell tickets. If it’s a weekday game, the crowd will be very small.

Also the Amerks are in the midst of probably the worst 10 year stretch in franchise history. The fan base isn’t strong right now.

Good points... but its the playoffs!  :)

I’d be down for another SS Amerks meet up. I’m having a brief slowdown in the 72 hour weeks I’ve been doing the last two months so I may be overzealous with my plans. If work slows down I’m in. Had a lot of fun at the last one.

I also have missed two months of games so I have unused tickets that=vouchers. They’re not good for playoffs and I hate to throw them out so when Mrs. iT gets home I’ll find out what she can do to convert and get them dispersed. I’ll report back.

I did early renewal so I get the first round of playoffs free. I thought that was a nice gesture. I’d love to buy second round tickets.

I’d be down for another SS Amerks meet up. I’m having a brief slowdown in the 72 hour weeks I’ve been doing the last two months so I may be overzealous with my plans. If work slows down I’m in. Had a lot of fun at the last one.

I also have missed two months of games so I have unused tickets that=vouchers. They’re not good for playoffs and I hate to throw them out so when Mrs. iT gets home I’ll find out what she can do to convert and get them dispersed. I’ll report back.

I did early renewal so I get the first round of playoffs free. I thought that was a nice gesture. I’d love to buy second round tickets.

Cool that you get first round free.  I'm hoping to make a first round game too.  All in, if others are all in.  I'll probably be attending anyway with a friend I was hanging out with tonight.   

Cool that you get first round free.  I'm hoping to make a first round game too.  All in, if others are all in.  I'll probably be attending anyway with a friend I was hanging out with tonight.   

This, 

If i could i would. We had so much fun that night, it was great in so many ways. Wish i could join you guys!

Wilcox called up to Sabres. Botts is going to ruin Amerks playoff chances calling up all their best remaining players if they drop in standings and have to play Marlies in 1st round. Why not call up Johannson, since they’re going to sit anyways.

Wilcox called up to Sabres. Botts is going to ruin Amerks playoff chances calling up all their best remaining players if they drop in standings and have to play Marlies in 1st round. Why not call up Johannson, since they’re going to sit anyways.

So, how did Lehner break last night? Early in the 3rd Ray said he wasn't on tbe bench. (Assuming the callup is due to Lehner being hurt rather than Johnson having hurt himself diving back to try to prevent the (essentially) ENG.)

Like he has a choice?

Johannson gave up 5 goals and an .821 sv% in his only full game with the Amerks is why.

Wilcox is horrible, it doesn’t matter. What matters has been the pointless Ullmark recall.

Johannson gave up 5 goals and an .821 sv% in his only full game with the Amerks is why.

Which is why he should be riding the bench in Buffalo and Wilcox should be starting for Amerks. The priority at this point should be Amerks playoff run. I’d even send Guhle, Nelson, and Baptiste back down now. The Sabres have enough guys to fill out roster.

What was the point of his original recall that necessitated a need for him?

Seeing how he'd do in the NHL to help assertain whether Johnson would be good enough in a tandem or if they'd need a 40+ game veteran to pair w/ Ullmark.

His wife giving birth & his concussion blew that plan to heck.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.