Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

I like Blackwell too. I really think he’s one of those guys who will only get better. He had 11 pts/-7 in 57 games for San Jose last year and is at 40 pts/+15 in 56 games in his second pro year. I hope he is back next year.

8 players sent down..

Nelson

Guhle

Ullmark

Nylander

Wilcox

Tennyson

Baptiste

Porter

Rodrigues would need to clear waivers I think, and Mittlestadt is banned from the league for being too good.

So we made the playoffs? When does it start?

Regular season ends next weekend. So either mid-week or the weekend following that. They'll play either Syracuse or the Marlies.

If the goal is winning the Calder, better to play TO 1st round rather than 2nd. Utica isn't beating them & they'll likely have reinforcements by the 2nd round.

If the goal is just win 1 round, stay ahead of Utica.

F' the Marlies. Take 'em out round 1. :beer:

So we made the playoffs? When does it start?

Schedule is released Monday.

Excuse me. They go on sale Monday.

They played a good game vs Marlies last with their seconds on ice. Marlies like always get away with multiple counts of interference and Amerks still outshoot and eventually topple them in OT.

I’d feel good about facing either team in round one.

Regular season ends next weekend. So either mid-week or the weekend following that. They'll play either Syracuse or the Marlies.

If the goal is winning the Calder, better to play TO 1st round rather than 2nd. Utica isn't beating them & they'll likely have reinforcements by the 2nd round.

If the goal is just win 1 round, stay ahead of Utica.

F' the Marlies. Take 'em out round 1. :beer:

Reinforcements? Are you sure the 2nd round begins after the cup parade?

Last home game of year, the kids came to play. Bailey with 2 goals and O'Regan with 1 G 2 A in a 6-4 win. Amerks were down 3-0 after half a period. They outscored the Sens 6-1, the rest of the way.

Criscuolu and Baptiste were sitting for health reasons.

This line up is stacked for the playoffs. Good players will be in suits for this team.

Last home game of year, the kids came to play. Bailey with 2 goals and O'Regan with 1 G 2 A in a 6-4 win. Amerks were down 3-0 after half a period. They outscored the Sens 6-1, the rest of the way.

This line up is stacked for the playoffs. Good players will be in suits for this team.

If only that will happen in Buffalo.

How's Borgen looking?

Tennyson and Redmond sat tonight for Borgen and Nate Paestch. McWilliam is also there too.

Incredibly deep AHL blueline.

Have trouble shutting teams down but have at times been able to score their way out of trouble.

Going to need Ullmark to step up and Syracuse and Toronto won’t be easy.

But Botterill has assembled pieces that could do what he intended down there.

Last game of the season tonight. Did any of you yahoos want to meet up for the playoffs? Game 3 and 4 are slated for 7pm start up on the 25th and 27th.

Absolutely. A playoff game might be the only way to top last years Rochester meet up. I would prefer the 25th, but either night works for me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.