Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

They shouldn’t be calling Ullmark up now. The Amerks are playing for playoff position while the Sabres are out of it. Same for Cincy where Johnanssen is the starter. I thought they said playoff experience for the minor leaguers would be good. Guhle and Baptiste should also go back, the Sabres have enough warm bodies.

Edited by pastajoe

Don Stevens and he is pretty damn good

You can't understand what's going on when listening to Don on the radio.  I've said it before, but, Rick Jeanerette was awesome on

radio because he was RADIO ONLY for decades.  He seems to have slacked off a bit on the precision since moving to TV. 

But I get so confused listening to Dan Dunlevey sometimes, especially when his "he scores!" is so excited for the _opposition_. :blink:   

Don usually does a good job with this though,  "Oh no! They scored." or the like for Don Stevens is good. Don Stevens has a

great voice and talk all day, as he has to do on road games as Ric Seiling only does most of the _home_ games. [You don't really

appreciate Ric until you listen to a road game. ]  It's just that Don is even worse than Dan in regards to knowing which end the

play is in and whether I should cheer for the goal or not (hint: listen to the crowd reaction).  I'm sure that he's fine on TV, but I

won't pay for cable TV; and being in IT, my eyes need a break at night anyhow. 

[Maybe if the Sabres get really good again, I hope that the NHL will wise up by then and allow EVERYONE TO STREAM GAMES!]

And Oy!  That guy who does the Amerks' post-game show is HORRENDOUS.  If there is time left on the game night schedule because

the game finished early, Tim[?] says that same !#$^!@#$ thing over and over and over and over and over and over....again.  Ugh! 

A couple nights I've fallen asleep listening to the game only to wake up to that, and being too groggy to get out of bed to turn off

the radio; I'm brain damaged now. :wallbash:

Edited by etiennep99

Jonas Johnanssen called up from Cincinnati to replace Ullmark

Do you take this to mean Linus could be here for awhile?

If they're bringing Ullmark up 2 days before a Sabres' game AND they are filling his spot in Ra-cha-cha w/ a callup ftom Cincy, really doubt he's back down much before the AHL playoffs start unless he really boffs the pooch.

If they're bringing Ullmark up 2 days before a Sabres' game AND they are filling his spot in Ra-cha-cha w/ a callup ftom Cincy, really doubt he's back down much before the AHL playoffs start unless he really boffs the pooch.

Probably have a similar interest in seeing how Johansen does in the AHL.

He’s projected to fill Ullmark’s boots next year, is he not?

And the Amerks are in no danger of missing the playoffs and have a better chance of playing Syracuse in the first round than the Sabres do of picking top four.

Edited by dudacek

Nylander has zero primary assists this season from passing the puck. He only has two all season and both were blocked shots where Sean Malone picked up the loose puck and scored.

I’m not going to write off a teenager whose gone through some adversity until at least this time next year, but damn he’s looking like a regular Marek Zagrapan, isn’t he?

Interesting to note that Ullmark's numbers this year, at 24 years old, are nearly identical to what Miller's were at 24, although Ullmark will probably end with a few less games played than Miller.

I'd also say his style most resembles Miller's of any Amerks goalies I've witnessed.

Interesting to note that Ullmark's numbers this year, at 24 years old, are nearly identical to what Miller's were at 24, although Ullmark will probably end with a few less games played than Miller. 

I'd also say his style most resembles Miller's of any Amerks goalies I've witnessed.

PA just died inside :lol:

Wilcox hurt

He shifted to his right to follow the puck, came back to the center of the goal and went down in a heap. Non-Contact injury. Not good. Depth in goal hasn't been tested this deep yet this season. Johannsson made 7 starts to end last season for the Amerks, though.

He gave a Goal on his first shot

Playoffs?!?!?!

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/2018/03/22/amerks-doorstep-first-playoff-berth-3-seasons/450999002/

They can do so Friday with a victory over Binghamton combined with a Laval loss of any type to Charlotte. The Amerks also clinch by earning one point against Binghamton and a Laval regulation loss.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.