Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

Nylander points in 4 straight.

Last few games I’ve seen he’s been paired with Bailey and Blackwell. They’ve been a good trio.

when they get CJ Smith back, and guys like Rodrigues, Nelson, Falk, and Baptiste... they'll be tough to beat.

I’m going to take advantage of the early bird renewal deal and get the first round of playoffs free. I think they could do some damage with the expanded roster.

Last few games I’ve seen he’s been paired with Bailey and Blackwell. They’ve been a good trio.

I’m going to take advantage of the early bird renewal deal and get the first round of playoffs free. I think they could do some damage with the expanded roster.

Possibility of Mittelstadt too. Think the odds are slightly better than 50/50

Don't they need to make them eligible for AHL playoffs ? Doubt they did so with Antipin.

Players on the Sabres active roster needed to be assigned to Rochester on February 26th to be eligible for the Amerks Playoff Run. It only needed to be a paper transaction so Baptiste, EROD and Nelson were assigned to Rochester and immediately recalled. Antipin is not eligible and his contract states if he can return to the KHL rather reporting to The Amerks

Edited by Brawndo

Players on the Sabres active roster needed to be assigned to Rochester on February 26th to be eligible for the Amerks Playoff Run. It only needed to be a paper transaction so Baptiste, EROD and Nelson were assigned to Rochester and immediately recalled. Antipin is not eligible and his contract states if he can return to the KHL rather reporting to The Amerks

I don't think there are any clear day roster anymore in the AHL.  https://www.si.com/nhl/home-ice/2013/04/02/new-cba-removes-major-ahl-roster-hurdle-from-nhl-trade-deadline-day

I seem the recall that Baptiste and Nelson were moved on paper on trade deadline day to Rochester's roster and then immediatley moved back to make sure they were eligible for the playoffs.  No record of it I can find, but it was mentioned in official tweets.

Edited by We've

I seem the recall that Baptiste and Nelson were moved on paper on trade deadline day to Rochester's roster and then immediatley moved back to make sure they were eligible for the playoffs.  No record of it I can find, but it was mentioned in official tweets.

I'm not sure, but if you have to be on the roster by the end of Feb, then that puts the kibosh on signing Casey to a AHL ATO at season's end so that he can play with the Amerks in the playoffs. 

Credit to Brawndo for this but the Blue Jackets signed Werenski to an ATO that allowed him to play in the playoffs for Lake Erie. I'm assuming the Sabres could do same with Mittelstadt

That gels with the info from the SI article.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1494065

Here is a reference to what We’ve mentioned, but I think the reason for sending them down may have been cap or service time related and not for AHL playoffs.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

I just got back from today's game (3/4).  Bailey looked good at times.  I don't know why Muzita-Bagenda was

banished to ECHL for so long.  He's big, skates OK, hits, and had 2 points today; Mike Greer comes to mind,

and no not for the obvious reasons.   Nylander had a bad give-away.  I didn't see much from him but he got

an assist along the way..  Sean Malone looks small for some reason, but he blocked a shot at the point. In fact,

all of our centers look small.  He was on the ice at the end of the game and had an assist on Porter's empty-netter.  

Danforth had a nice score on a break-away; another case of why is he banished to ECHL.

Our D-men is what seems to save/drive the Amerks.  They aren't super stars, but get the job done well enough

defensively.  No Paul Coffeys in the lot even though Paetsch and Redmond played.  I forget who it was, but I

was so happy to see a d-man rush the puck up ice once....There was way too much back-passing at the opposition

blue-line.  Our wingers can forcheck, so I don't know why they had so much timidity crossing into the zone.

I was really disappointed to find out that Guhle and Criscuolo were called up. I kept on looking for them in

the warm-up and didn't see them. Darn.

It was a messy game.  Not a lot of good skating or passing by either team.  Several times Bailey looked ready

to go, but the pass wasn't on his stick.

Maybe I'm getting old, but the PA system sucks. I couldn't make out any of the promo crap during all of

the EXTENDED stoppages in play.   Way too loud. Way too busy.  I think that a rap song was using the

F word; not good for a family environment.

Amerks won 4-2 by the way.

I'm lucky to get in one game in a year. Today was celebrate tax refund day.

Edited by etiennep99

You have to be in the A, at least on paper, at the time of the trade deadline, right?

Sure botts only mentioned baptiste and nelson in his press conference after the trade deadline so i guess its a no no for E Rod

Edited by Sabre1974

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.