GDT: Montreal @ Buffalo, 700pm EDT, 10/05/2017

WildCard

Until this roster is good enough to put Moulson in the press box, it simply isn't good enough for the playoffs. 

The system is good, the hockey will be more fun to watch, but we don't have enough players who can play it well to truly make the playoffs. Not even close to enough. When the old guy comes back and is one of your best forwards you realize how bad the rest of them are. 

1.) Moulson was in the press box 

2.) The only one making brash claims here is you, and whether they a.) make the playoffs or b.) don't make the playoffs, neither makes anyone look good later because they are the only two possible options. So the only response you're going to get at the end of the season is a "wow way to go out on a limb" or "hey maybe you shouldn't make such rock solid claims evidenced by one, literally one, single, game, in which we tied last year's division winners and then lost the goofy coin flip at the end. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

Right, when the guy who has been here for ages is sarcastic or has a bit of fun he's a funny guy. When the newer guy does it he gets called a troll right away. God bless the innernet.

Didn't you declare yourself the board pessimist and then post a pessimistic take with no dry humor in the GDT after a loss? What was sarcastic about it? It was in line with what you had put out as your state of mind on the team, and reading through it I can't find anything that I see to be sarcasm. Maybe it was there but I still can't find it. People just don't think that you were being sarcastic like you claimed.

So just to clarify: You're not down with amputee veterans standing during the national anthem?

I see hundreds of millionaire athletes kneeling during the national anthem on Sundays and have no problem with it. Likewise I am OK to see one elderly woman stand for the anthem on a Thursday night. But that's just me.

I need that /missed the point/ .gif .

First comment after the article.

It was actually a pretty well reasoned thought.

https://www.thebuffalostar.com/2017/10/no-shootout-chance-for-eichel-was-just-plain-wrong/

He’s capable of reasoned thought. But then arrogance creeps in and lays waste to everything. Edited by That Aud Smell

So I can't be more than one thing?

Come on, sometimes with this team I have to rely on humor to keep sane. 

I'm a pessimist cause I'm tired of hearing about "potential" and "upside". A few years back all you heard was how full the cupboard was and how great we would be and now the cupboard seems less than full and so on. Potential and upside mean NOTHING.

So with no humor, no confusion here's what I really think:

1. Happy we fired Murray. Hopeful in that regard with JBot.

2. Really happy we hired Housley and not some old styled dinosaur. new era, new style, his ideas are the right ones.

3. Jack is a star player. Risto is a star player. I really like them.

4. Housley is already improving the D and he doesn't have a lot to work with. Really hopeful for Beaulieu to emerge as a late bloomer.

5. Like the speed, tempo, the "system" if you will. It's all good for the future.

6. Don't think there is enough talent on this roster to make this system fully work yet.

7. Kane and Reinhart are both over-rated in different ways and with cap issues etc. I think we are better off to move them out of town.

8. Our goaltending is too inconsistent to be anything other than average (win you a game one night, lose you one the next, etc)

9. Not sure if ROR will fit in this system. Might want to think about trading him as well. Good player, but maybe not for this team.

10. Too many scrubs on this roster (like Moulson) for us to be a serious playoff threat this year. No depth either.

So I am hopeful for the future now for the first time in a while, but at the moment, pretty pessimistic about this year.

So that's the truth, if I contradict it, I just might be (failing?) at a joke or two for my own sanity.

Cheers, now let's beat those Islanders 10-1 and make me look like an idiot!

So I can't be more than one thing?

Come on, sometimes with this team I have to rely on humor to keep sane. 

I'm a pessimist cause I'm tired of hearing about "potential" and "upside". A few years back all you heard was how full the cupboard was and how great we would be and now the cupboard seems less than full and so on. Potential and upside mean NOTHING.

So with no humor, no confusion here's what I really think:

1. Happy we fired Murray. Hopeful in that regard with JBot.

2. Really happy we hired Housley and not some old styled dinosaur. new era, new style, his ideas are the right ones.

3. Jack is a star player. Risto is a star player. I really like them.

4. Housley is already improving the D and he doesn't have a lot to work with. Really hopeful for Beaulieu to emerge as a late bloomer.

5. Like the speed, tempo, the "system" if you will. It's all good for the future.

6. Don't think there is enough talent on this roster to make this system fully work yet.

7. Kane and Reinhart are both over-rated in different ways and with cap issues etc. I think we are better off to move them out of town.

8. Our goaltending is too inconsistent to be anything other than average (win you a game one night, lose you one the next, etc)

9. Not sure if ROR will fit in this system. Might want to think about trading him as well. Good player, but maybe not for this team.

10. Too many scrubs on this roster (like Moulson) for us to be a serious playoff threat this year. No depth either.

So I am hopeful for the future now for the first time in a while, but at the moment, pretty pessimistic about this year.

So that's the truth, if I contradict it, I just might be (failing?) at a joke or two for my own sanity.

Cheers, now let's beat those Islanders 10-1 and make me look like an idiot!

Pokey its not looking good so far. Sabres have shite the bed today.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.