The New Lineup Thread

GASabresIUFAN

I hope you are wrong, but that he was sitting during an elimination game for Canadiens supports your argument.

Then again, this is the team that traded PK Subban, so I dunno!

We can hope for a Schultz situation - worst top 6 D-man in the league, without exaggeration, in Edmonton with Todd McClellan style hockey, whatever that may be, and awesome player for the wide open Penguins.

Julien and Therrien are polar opposites in terms of style from what we're seeing out of Housley (which is a huge part of the Subban-Weber deal, what do you think of when you think of each of those players?) so there's a chance that Nathan could blossom here regardless of how low MTL was on him. 

I'm feeling optimistic today and I like the video clips I've seen from him so far.

We can hope for a Schultz situation - worst top 6 D-man in the league, without exaggeration, in Edmonton with Todd McClellan style hockey, whatever that may be, and awesome player for the wide open Penguins.

Julien and Therrien are polar opposites in terms of style from what we're seeing out of Housley (which is a huge part of the Subban-Weber deal, what do you think of when you think of each of those players?) so there's a chance that Nathan could blossom here regardless of how low MTL was on him. 

I'm feeling optimistic today and I like the video clips I've seen from him so far.

But Julien didn't send Subban away

Well, I think that if Moulson were on a 2-way deal, they'd send him down without thinking twice -- i.e. he's not good enough to be in the lineup.

I genuinely think it's possible for him to produce if put in positions to succeed. Again, not worth the contract (and modified NTC to boot, ugh) but nothing else to be done about it at the moment.

About Bailey, if Housley is saying (about any young guy really) he wants him to be a forechecker and penalty killer this translates as I like his speed but I don't think he can score. 

Which isn't a bad thing though, but that means he is 3rd or 4th line at best.

Again though, pay attention to the consistent comments from Housley. Speed, speed and more speed. Anyone who has speed will have a shot at this roster, anyone without it only if they are desperate for a body. I like this philosophy. 

About Bailey, if Housley is saying (about any young guy really) he wants him to be a forechecker and penalty killer this translates as I like his speed but I don't think he can score. 

Which isn't a bad thing though, but that means he is 3rd or 4th line at best.

Again though, pay attention to the consistent comments from Housley. Speed, speed and more speed. Anyone who has speed will have a shot at this roster, anyone without it only if they are desperate for a body. I like this philosophy. 

Yup.  I doubt Housley sees him as a Kane replacement.  He'll need to develop 20 goals per season mitts to be a Kane replacement.  Right now he's not much more than a big, fast, body that needs to learn aggression.  Or how to pot alot more goals.

So what? Then put someone else on Eichel's wing for a few shifts. Or double shift Eichel. No matter what we're going to have some complimentary players on skill lines playing against the crosbys and whatnot.

This.

You don't hide a $10 million man from anyone.

You strut him out with supreme arrogance, secure in the knowledge that if the opponent is lucky enough to break even, that ROR is feasting on the bones of whoever is on your second-string and Sam Reinhart is laughing in the faces of the poor fools on your third pair.

That is what having a franchise centre means and how strength down the middle should be used.

I like this take, too.

Kane-Eichel-Pominville

Girgensons-ROR-Okposo

Pouliot-Reinhart-Baptist

Moulson-Larsson-ERod

Scandella-Risto

McCabe-Bogo

Beaulieu-Antipin

This is so weird to look at. Matt Moulson is the only player in that lineup that I don't want. It's been a while since I felt that way about this team.