2018 - 2019 Lineup

Tondas

12 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I think I've hit a point where I wouldn't blink if Bailey was waived and claimed, except for Eleven's rooting interest. 

I've kind of hit that point myself.  I mean, I know my parents and their friends will be disappointed if he doesn't play with the Sabres, but that's it.  All the speed in the world doesn't matter if Bailey won't go into corners and battle.  But I do think some coach, somewhere in the NHL, will be tempted by that speed and pick him up.

Edited by Eleven

So Hunwick is out.  Sheary out week to week.  Bogo already not skating and Malone injured as well.

We all knew that Bogo was never going to make it through the season.  I myself thought he should end up on LTIR permanently.  Put him on the shelf for the season and lets move on.  SIgn Dotchin from TB and get him into shape to replace Bogo.  

Guhle chances of making this club has just increased dramatically.  

I'm not to worried about Sheary.  Skinner's arrival slid Sheary down the depth chart anyway.  With NHLers like Erod, Wilson, Girgensons and Sobotka plus prospects like Nylander, Smith, and Olofsson we have a ton of candidates to fill Sheary shoes short term and maybe longer.  I'm hoping that ERod seizes the opportunity and wins a top 6 role.  

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'm not to worried about Sheary.  Skinner's arrival slid Sheary down the depth chart anyway.  With NHLers like Erod, Wilson, Girgensons and Sobotka plus prospects like Nylander, Smith, and Olofsson we have a ton of candidates to fill Sheary shoes short term and maybe longer.  I'm hoping that ERod seizes the opportunity and wins a top 6 role.  

I still want Sheary with Eichel, not Skinner. Missing Sheary puts a solid damper on the start of the season for me honestly, just hoping he's not out too long. I'm guessing it's a shoulder or his ribs

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

We still don't have NHL depth like the good teams do, with like, good and great players. Sheary missing any time would absolutely sting. We're still going to probably have 1-2 actual bad forwards on the ice with a healthy lineup. We aren't out of any sort of woods in that regard organizationally yet. 

Depends on how you're defining bad forwards.  Being a line too high, likely.  Being an AHLer geting time in the show on a real line; not as likely.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

We still don't have NHL depth like the good teams do, with like, good and great players. Sheary missing any time would absolutely sting. We're still going to probably have 1-2 actual bad forwards on the ice with a healthy lineup. We aren't out of any sort of woods in that regard organizationally yet. 

Yea, we're certainly still not among the elite in that regard but, as Taro noted, we should be able to place guys on a reasonable line for their overall ability and skillset. That's something we haven't had in years.

Gonna be interesting to start assuming Sheary and Sam probably out to start at this rate.  Bailey played better last night, put him on 4th line forecheck with Sobotka and maybe CJ Smith/Baptiste. 3rd line of Mitts and Erod and Pommer/CJ Smith, 2nd line of Berglund Nylander and Thompson. Jack, Skinner and OK on 1.   When and if both come back drop Pommer and Baptiste.  Keep 2nd line together and make it interchangeable with 3rd line.  

PS nice to actually see some D depth.. Pilut looking good... Borgen strong as well... let Bogosian heal. 1st two D pairs we saw last night third pair??? Nelson and or Pilut and Beaulieu or Ghule..  not sure Ghule sometimes seems to have a deer in headlights thing going on, like he still cant believe he is where he is... needs to settle down and just play D. Like Nylander you hope light switch gets turned on.

On 9/12/2018 at 5:49 PM, Doohickie said:

Yeah, once injuries set in, teams may try to pick up players like that off waivers, but in the beginning of the season teams have their own versions of marginal NHLers.  And while I don't mind them hanging around in Rochester and providing injury depth, unless they really have breakthroughs I don't see missing them if other teams claim them.

When it comes to waiver claims, the whole thing is such a crap shoot.  I think they'd clear too, but all it takes is one GM who has always been enamored with a certain player since he was drafted.  Is Darcy still in the Phoenix organization?

14 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Right, but as I essentially said in the last sentence of the post you quoted.... so what?

Odd.  I meant to quote Shrader's post directly preceding mine:

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I think they'd clear too, but all it takes is one GM who has always been enamored with a certain player since he was drafted.  Is Darcy still in the Phoenix organization?

Not sure how that happened, because I actually selected this text and clicked on the little Quote Selection bubble.

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Odd.  I meant to quote Shrader's post directly preceding mine:

Not sure how that happened, because I actually selected this text and clicked on the little Quote Selection bubble.

Did the chicken slip over your glasses???

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Right, but as I essentially said in the last sentence of the post you quoted.... so what?

I think the depth does have significant value to the organization.  We've seen plenty of cases where that first wave of recalls can make or break a season.  Jason Pominville is the perfect example.  I'm not going to say that is who either guy is, especially since for every Pominville, there's probably 10 Chris Thorburns (granted, a guy who stuck around for a long, respectable career).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.