2018 - 2019 Lineup

Tondas

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I wonder if we are approaching this lineup incorrectly.  Housley is going to have to protect Mittelstud, especially early in the year.  Housley has the opportunity to create a lineup not to dissimilar to the 2005-6 lineup when we fielded a 3rd line of high skilled, high speed kids.

Especially at home, I can see Housley sending out Berglund Sobotka line to counter the opponents top scoring lines.   

Skinner Eichel Okposo 

Erod Berglund Sobotka

Sheary Mittelstadt Reinhart

Wilson Girgensons Baptiste

Pommers

I like where we’re headed and where we’re at but the reasoning for having that level of skill on our third line right now does not compare to why we had skill on the third line in 05-06. This year it would be to protect Mittelstadt and certainly not because the talent in the top six allows it like it did in 05-06.

On 8/1/2018 at 6:25 PM, dudacek said:

What is Bogosian’s actual injury history? I mean what has he hurt and how?

I don’t recall him having a chronic issue (a Bobby Orr knees thing); isn’t it one unrelated thing after another?

Does he play reckless hockey? Have brittle bones or loose joints? Is he a hypochondriac? Horribly unlucky?

I can’t recall anything quite like it.

From a Mike Harrington feature:

“What I lot of people don't realize about this surgery is that this is something I've been dealing with and playing with for years. It wasn't like I kept randomly getting hurt," Bogosian said. "I needed to get it fixed and we decided to be proactive about it because we knew it would be a long time. There's never any great time for surgery, but I'm glad to have it done when I did. I'm having a great summer of training now."

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, dudacek said:

“What I lot of people don't realize about this surgery is that this is something I've been dealing with and playing with for years. It wasn't like I kept randomly getting hurt," Bogosian said. "I needed to get it fixed and we decided to be proactive about it because we knew it would be a long time. There's never any great time for surgery, but I'm glad to have it done when I did. I'm having a great summer of training now."

If I remember right....there were a few times they mentioned a groin issue, not sure though,

6 minutes ago, Lanny said:

2008-09  broken leg

2009-10 broken thumb and wrist (played through, only missed one game)

2011-12 wrist injury

2012-13 wrist surgery

2013-14 Strained Groin

2013-14 Back Spasms

Zach Bogosian, the Sam Bradford of hockey

11 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

For as much as we malign Bogo, consider that he was named an alternate captain by Housley.  He sees something there....

Myself, I have always liked Bogo. Always wished he were healthy to see what he could bring. 

I also have thought he was caught in limbo trying to identify WHAT to bring....physicality or offensive skating game. If he could combine the two and play a complete game (which I think he is capable of) he could be a very good D for us and we could realize his cap hit.

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

But...

2 hours ago, Lanny said:

2008-09  broken leg

2009-10 broken thumb and wrist (played through, only missed one game)

2011-12 wrist injury

2012-13 wrist surgery

2013-14 Strained Groin

2013-14 Back Spasms

I'd like to hear what this surgery was that was able to cure a singular issue responsible for all of these items. Maybe he's referring to solely the most recent injuries in the most recent years. He's been missing large chunks of games every season for a decade. 

On the other hand, it's a positive development that Bogosian at least feels more confident heading into this season. We'll see if he can buck that decade long trend.

Edited by Thorny

3 hours ago, Weave said:

Didn’t we have basically the same stat 2 yrs ago?

I find that most teams are made up mostly of 1st rounders, and 1st rounders are far and away the most common picks to make it. 

It would be odd if it was any other way. 

He announced that during the conference call the day after the trade but the team’s social media guy is unforgivably bad.

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

NASCAR country; NASCAR number.

I’m curious about his decision to wear it. He wore it in Kitchener, too.

11 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

NASCAR country; NASCAR number.

Mr. Skinner to the manager's office, manager's office, Mr. Skinnerrrrrr.

10 minutes ago, Hoss said:

He announced that during the conference call the day after the trade but the team’s social media guy is unforgivably bad.

53, eh?

10 hours ago, Hoss said:

In one of his wgr segments he said his favourite number was something like 23 growing up (or some other reasonable number) but someone already had it his junior year in the ohl so he went with 53 and stuck with it ever since. 

32 minutes ago, Derrico said:

In one of his wgr segments he said his favourite number was something like 23 growing up (or some other reasonable number) but someone already had it his junior year in the ohl so he went with 53 and stuck with it ever since. 

And Rip is pissed.  What number is he supposed to give to a rookie for his first game now???

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

Someone just taking a number and liking it should tighten the pants of those who got upset about Eichel switching to 9.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.