Will Butcher To Hit Free Agency

bob_sauve28

He could be. Depends if they let him play his offside still.

It's probably the likely option. Antipin is best suited to play his offhand out of the available options, as at least from the sounds of it, it's 1A 1B with him, left side or right.

If he's not playing his offhand, McCabe or Beaulieu is, which is less ideal, or Antipin isn't even in the lineup, and someone like Fedun is, on the right.

I don't think it's Antipin vs Butcher vs Guhle. The question for me is who are these 3 going to unseat over this season and next. If Butcher signs, I don't think we'll see Fedun again or even Nelson in the NHL this season.

Well we know Bogo will spend 20-30 games injured, amirite?

I don't think it's Antipin vs Butcher vs Guhle. The question for me is who are these 3 going to unseat over this season and next. If Butcher signs, I don't think we'll see Fedun again or even Nelson in the NHL this season.

It also depends on who is comfortable playing their off hand. Say Butcher isn't, he's not going to impact the placement of Fedun.

But I agree that Butcher isn't competing against Antipin. We have a dearth of right side dmen, and Antipin is comfortable there. It's Antipin or Fedun to start the season.

Edit: Also, we don't even have Butcher. He'll probably sign somewhere else, in all likelihood :lol:

Edited by Thorny

No one said we don't need him. The conversation is around where he fits. He would have a better chance of making a team in other places.

but........

depending on the type of contract he is offered, wouldn't it be perhaps more desirable for him to play somewhere where he might not make the team right away, but has a better chance at winning a championship down the road?

The $ could be the same, either way, depending on the contract offered.

Just speculating. Wouldn't playing somewhere he has "a better chance of making [the] team" possibly mean a team that's not good?

but........

depending on the type of contract he is offered, wouldn't it be perhaps more desirable for him to play somewhere where he might not make the team right away, but has a better chance at winning a championship down the road?

The $ could be the same, either way, depending on the contract offered.

Just speculating. Wouldn't playing somewhere he has "a better chance of making [the] team" possibly mean a team that's not good?

He's a college free agent, he might just be lucky if he starts in the league for more than 5 years. 

Interesting. 3 bottom dwellers.

Makes sense. Looking to fit into Minnesota's or Nashville's near term plans would seem to be much more of a pipe dream than one of the other 3.

If he's seriously looking at Vegas would expect he got some sort of assurance that the plan is to convert their glut of current 4-8's into some F depth over the next 2 years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.