Will Butcher To Hit Free Agency

bob_sauve28

I think he might sign here. Like I actually feel good about it.

It really makes sense because:

-Housley

-Buffalo is starting to look like a place that wants to target US college players

-Defensive depth is shallow enough that opportunity is good

-We're also not totally lacking defensive depth either

It really makes sense because:

-Housley

-Buffalo is starting to look like a place that wants to target US college players

-Defensive depth is shallow enough that opportunity is good

-We're also not totally lacking defensive depth either

Yeah, it would make perfect sense, which is why I'm not feeling very optimistic as he would've picked BUF already if the above were true.  

I still say NJD because it's definitely his best chance to play in the show this season... their depth chart on D is horrendous.    

Yeah, it would make perfect sense, which is why I'm not feeling very optimistic as he would've picked BUF already if the above were true.  

I still say NJD because it's definitely his best chance to play in the show this season... their depth chart on D is horrendous.    

His agent may insist he visits a certain amount of teams before he makes a decision.

I find it interesting Butcher was ignored by Colorado and then Colorado managed to get a different college UFA this summer. If anyone had witnessed how they have run that team, why would choose to go there?

He was ignored by them or he ignored them?

Either one really doesn't surprise me

Butcher's agent makes it sound like he was essentially ignored by Colorado during his second and third years and made to feel he was not going to be offered a contract before they got interested again when he started lighting it up this year.

Veseyian

I find it interesting Butcher was ignored by Colorado and then Colorado managed to get a different college UFA this summer. If anyone had witnessed how they have run that team, why would choose to go there?

It depends on the player, but if it's someone who has just hit the market and hadn't yet entertained offers in previous years, or course he is going to be responsive when a team comes calling.

Butcher's agent makes it sound like he was essentially ignored by Colorado during his second and third years and made to feel he was not going to be offered a contract before they got interested again when he started lighting it up this year.

My understanding is that Roy didn't want him and so they ignored him for 2 years then when Roy got fired tried to repair the damage and failed.

But not as pampered as Vesey.

obviously :)

Vesey and his camp flat out lied about Poile and the Preds.  

I've not yet heard of any shenanigans between Sakic and Butcher other than the fact Butcher informed them he wasn't going to sign... unlike Vesey who dragged them along and then got into a "he said, she said" ordeal like a 9 year old.

Edited by pi2000

He's probably already made up his mind. They're just playing teams off of each other now to get the best deal. 

Antipin, Guhle, Butcher, none of these guys is a sure thing. Best we have them all in the system competing and if they all turn out well then great, we finally have a D and bodies to trade down the line. 

He's probably already made up his mind. They're just playing teams off of each other now to get the best deal. 

Antipin, Guhle, Butcher, none of these guys is a sure thing. Best we have them all in the system competing and if they all turn out well then great, we finally have a D and bodies to trade down the line.

What do you mean by "the best deal?"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.