Will Butcher To Hit Free Agency

bob_sauve28

@SabresBuzz

Botterill hunts for talent in the NCAA. Housley coached Butcher at the 2012 CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game in Buffalo.

@SabresBuzz
Butcher also played at the USNDP with Sabres Jack Eichel, Hudson Fasching and Sean Malone.

@SabresBuzz
Butcher played with Sabres center Zemgus Girgensons at the USHL Dubuque Fighting Saints.

@SabresBuzz

Botterill hunts for talent in the NCAA. Housley coached Butcher at the 2012 CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game in Buffalo.

@SabresBuzz
Butcher also played at the USNDP with Sabres Jack Eichel, Hudson Fasching and Sean Malone.

@SabresBuzz
Butcher played with Sabres center Zemgus Girgensons at the USHL Dubuque Fighting Saints.

I'd be willing to bet you could find similar connections to most NHL teams.

I'm bored and want hockey back, I've missed it.

+1

IMHO the Sabres' D rotation is far from being so strong that Butcher couldn't muscle his way in. 

Sign 'im up!

My feeling is that considering how weak the Sabres defense has been considered the last couple seasons, bring in all the talent you can and see who sticks.  Have a Battle Royale for the 6 spots on let the best men win.

Botterill is going about this "address the D" thing the right way. If it's true he's after Butcher, it's more evidence that he's going to bring in as many guys as possible with reasonable upside, and let them fight it out for spots. Can never have too much depth.

Botterill is going about this "address the D" thing the right way. If it's true he's after Butcher, it's more evidence that he's going to bring in as many guys as possible with reasonable upside, and let them fight it out for spots. Can never have too much depth.

One of the things that sold me on Jbots was the wizardry from Pittsburgh in assembling their D from low picks and scraps from other teams.

I'm confused by the title to this thread.  Am I being commanded to use determination to get Butcher to become a free agent?

Yeah, I know.  Dad jokes.

I chuckled.

Then I wondered why people wanted him to strike his buddy Free. Where's the love, Monsieur Butcher?

Etymology says it's a medieval Latin last name in origin. Free might be from Italy or something.

One of the things that sold me on Jbots was the wizardry from Pittsburgh in assembling their D from low picks and scraps from other teams.

Right. And by association it elevates Risto from an inadequate "True #1" to a perfectly acceptable high-level #2 in what will hopefully eventually become a committee of five or six 2/3s.

It has been said Antipin can play the right side. Our other RHD Borgen (but he hasn't signed) Nelson, Fedun, Fitzgerald, and I think Tennyson.

Not that this is what the thread is about...but...I always wonder if Guhle is good enough to make the roster...he's another lefty...who comes out of the lineup?

Edited by BarDown

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.