Will Butcher To Hit Free Agency

bob_sauve28

People always ask me about Will Butcher, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Will Butcher. I know everything about Will Butcher. I love Will Butcher. No one loves Will Butcher more than me, BELIEVE ME. We're going to have so many Will Butchers you are going to get sick of Will Butcher.

People always ask me about Will Butcher, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Will Butcher. I know everything about Will Butcher, he's going to be huge. I love Will Butcher. No one loves Will Butcher more than me, BELIEVE ME. We're going to have so many Will Butchers you are going to get sick of Will Butcher.

Lol I see what you did. Well played.

Regarding Dumoulin vs Butcher, this is what I have

http://45b.us/hockey/2.php?year=2013,2009&pick=123,51

And it's true, Butcher gets a big deduction for being 5'9 1/2 at age 17 (that's what I have anyway), so I created a new chart called 2flat, everyone's size doesn't matter, so there's no deduction for Butcher's size

http://45b.us/hockey/2flat.php?year=2013,2009&pick=123,51

He's still well behind Dumoulin using my charts.

Well that took up a few days, back to a boring 5 weeks.... oh wait training camp and that junior tournament is just around the corner... finally.

And guess who's coming to town for the prospects tournament?

Yep.

Will. Butcher.

People always ask me about Will Butcher, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Will Butcher. I know everything about Will Butcher. I love Will Butcher. No one loves Will Butcher more than me, BELIEVE ME. We're going to have so many Will Butchers you are going to get sick of Will Butcher.

People always ask me about Will Butcher, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Will Butcher. I know everything about Will Butcher, he's going to be huge. I love Will Butcher. No one loves Will Butcher more than me, BELIEVE ME. We're going to have so many Will Butchers you are going to get sick of Will Butcher.

#fake news #dishonest media #lock em up

@BDubi17

The college free agency situation in the @NHL needs to be figured out...it's a joke especially to the guys that play major junior

@BDubi17

I bet teams that make the draft pick would agree with me as well!

@BDubi17

Let me clarify...I want players to have all options they can when they sign a contract major junior players can't and it's not fair thats it

That's Brandon Dubinsky's official twitter account 

Edited by WildCard

Here's the thing... Major Junior Guys only play 2-3 years more of major junior before they either get a deal and move to the AHL/NHL or they stop playing hockey. College guys have to play 4 years. 

I think the rule should be changed. You go 4 years and won't sign with your team, fine. You are eligible for UFA status 1 year later on July 1. Make them sit a year, no AHL either. 

I believe, for the NHL, it's not a 'fairness to the teams' issue, it's a 13th amendment issue (yeah, I'm going to make you look it up).  The NHL has something that seems to be settled law, therefore they have no interest in giving the opportunity to have to defend a rule in court that they currently do need to defend.

@BDubi17
The college free agency situation in the @NHL needs to be figured out...it's a joke especially to the guys that play major junior

@BDubi17

@BDubi17
Let me clarify...I want players to have all options they can when they sign a contract major junior players can't and it's not fair thats it

College guy goes 4 years after becoming draft eligible and he's a free agent.

Major junior guy goes 4 years after becoming draft eligible and he's a free agent.

That's exactly the same.  The only difference is that the major junior guy can re-enter the draft after two years while the college guy cannot.  The only thing he could possibly be getting at with those comments is the AHL restriction.  If he's got an issue with that, it's time to talk to the CHL about it.

@BDubi17

@BDubi17

@BDubi17

This is an example of why the NHLPA never stands a chance come CBA negotiation time. Union members arguing (in favor of management) against the bargained for rights of others. The real question here is why should kids from Junior have to go back in the draft?

Of course, fixing that would require work.

College guy goes 4 years after becoming draft eligible and he's a free agent.

Major junior guy goes 4 years after becoming draft eligible and he's a free agent.

That's exactly the same.  The only difference is that the major junior guy can re-enter the draft after two years while the college guy cannot.  The only thing he could possibly be getting at with those comments is the AHL restriction.  If he's got an issue with that, it's time to talk to the CHL about it.

Difference is the junior guy most likely wasn't going to get picked up by original drafting team while the College guy has a choice. You don't like the team that picked you, you enter this years draft again. 

Sorry, but I'm not clear on what you're saying here.

I think: if you're drafted out of CHL and refuse to sign with your drafting team in two years, I think you end up back in the draft. Repeat that for another two years, and you can't go back into the draft at 22-ish, so you're UFA? Same effect I guess (UFA at 22-ish) but I don't know if I've heard of it happening. Unless you count Lindros' ultimatum or the Lemiuex in Winnipeg's system that said he'd not sign with Buffalo.

I think: if you're drafted out of CHL and refuse to sign with your drafting team in two years, I think you end up back in the draft. Repeat that for another two years, and you can't go back into the draft at 22-ish, so you're UFA? Same effect I guess (UFA at 22-ish) but I don't know if I've heard of it happening. Unless you count Lindros' ultimatum or the Lemiuex in Winnipeg's system that said he'd not sign with Buffalo.

I can't think of any high profile cases where someone refused to sign and wound up back in the draft.  It happens plenty of times with guys the teams aren't interested in signing though.  But anyway, if what you're saying was jsb's point, that's exactly what I said above.  Both players wind up as free agents after 4 years, but the CHL guy re-enters the draft after 2.  So he actually winds up with slightly more say in the matter than the college guy.

IMO he should cherish that Hobey Baker. May well be the only thing he ever wins.

Is it the player that gets us to pine away? The unfettered hope that this guy or the next is part of the Cup team? TBO I didn't know very much about him so I looked into him a bit. Meh. Good for NJ.

IMO he should cherish that Hobey Baker. May well be the only thing he ever wins.

Is it the player that gets us to pine away? The unfettered hope that this guy or the next is part of the Cup team? TBO I didn't know very much about him so I looked into him a bit. Meh. Good for NJ.

Holzinger won the Hobey Baker & also not only failed to check Hull but ALSO managed to obstruct the ref's view which allowed the league to move the decision upstairs. We all know how that turned out. The LAST thing I'd look for is a Hobey Baker. Some winners are awesome, and some are Dawesome. (No, Jason Dawe did not win an HB. :p)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.