Will Butcher To Hit Free Agency

bob_sauve28

I want to sign him solely based upon his name.

I think RJ can have some fun with him. Say he scores at home, "THE PERRY STREET BUTCHER STRIKES AGAIN ON THE POOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWERRRR PLAY."

My money is not on him signing for reasons mostly being, "because Buffalo". However, I want to see if the Botteril effect is a thing. Clearly he has a plan of having young guns start in the minors and then have them come up and take control when he deems them ready. "Listen Will, this is what we did in Pittsburgh and this was how we won consecutive cups. Do you want to be a part of this here?". So maybe there's something there.

I don't see him going to Vegas since they have so many D hanging around. I'm guessing he signs with a team not mentioned.

I want to sign him solely based upon his name.

I think RJ can have some fun with him. Say he scores at home, "THE PERRY STREET BUTCHER STRIKES AGAIN ON THE POOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWERRRR PLAY."

It's a shame that he's not some 6"5, 230 pound guy.  That's what you need to be with a name like that.

He asked for it?

Or is it practice equipment given to him because he has agreed to a deal with the Sabres?

Different industry and many moons ago, but when I was interviewing for engineering jobs after college, all the big companies gave out swag.  Anything to make an impression.

Different industry and many moons ago, but when I was interviewing for engineering jobs after college, all the big companies gave out swag. Anything to make an impression.

Just seems strange for pro sports. And what's in the bag? And why would he carry it in an airport?

So many questions, and we don't really even know if that was him or not.

Just seems strange for pro sports. And what's in the bag? And why would he carry it in an airport?

So many questions, and we don't really even know if that was him or not.

What other buzz-cut fit 20 something would be carrying around a Sabres bag in the middle of summer at the Denver airport?

Would the odds of Vesey signing here had increased if Jbot had been GM last off-season?

What other buzz-cut fit 20 something would be carrying around a Sabres bag in the middle of summer at the Denver airport?

Would the odds of Vesey signing here had increased if Jbot had been GM last off-season?

No, but maybe if Housley had been the coach.

Vesey was never going to sign here. Buffalo just gets used as negotiating leverage. Do you honestly think any in demand U.S. free agent would choose Buffalo over a major city like New York? Giving away that pick was just dumb even if it was just a 3rd rounder.

I hope we get Butcher cause he might just be developable by Housley but it's kind of a whatever to me.

(developable isn't a word is it?  :wallbash: )

Vesey was never going to sign here. Buffalo just gets used as negotiating leverage. Do you honestly think any in demand U.S. free agent would choose Buffalo over a major city like New York?

Kyle Okposo calls this one of the lies that will never die: it's the zombie of hockey myths.

Vesey was never going to sign here. Buffalo just gets used as negotiating leverage. Do you honestly think any in demand U.S. free agent would choose Buffalo over a major city like New York? Giving away that pick was just dumb even if it was just a 3rd rounder.

I hope we get Butcher cause he might just be developable by Housley but it's kind of a whatever to me.

(developable isn't a word is it?  :wallbash: )

Yes. Vesey specifically wanted the bright lights big city of NY. Not every free agent wants the same.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.