Samson the Reinharted: What do you expect of him?

LGR4GM

80GP, 20G, 38A, 58P.

That's first line production at 21.

My prediction is Sam's production is a slow and steady upward trend. A huge jump wouldn't allow him to fly under the radar, and that's what I think he's going to do, throughout his career.

More important than point totals I want to see him get some serious time at center. Give him a good winger like Kane and his spot centering the third line. If everything goes right, I could see him getting 25/35/60 but I'd rather see him score 45 points at center than 60 points on Eichel's wing.

I expect to see growth in all aspects of his game, same with Eichel. They're still so young and each year they're only going to fill out their bodies and have more experience playing at the highest level.

If he stays healthy he'll put up 60+ points.

I'm hoping HCPH abadons HCDDBs insane philosophy of having "line-pairs" and finds out who works well with who and lets them develop chemistry.

Samson is my favourite Sabres player and I hope he gets to play centre. He may match up well with Kane because Sam doesn't seem to be the puck carrier but gets into the right spots and dishes to the open man.

I think the majority of his points would come from being on the #1 PP unit.

23+44=67 pts.

What's funny is some people think he should be centering a magical 3rd line and somehow come away with 60-70 points, Who will be his wingers? Pominville? Deslaurier? If he's a 3rd line C we barely have enough good wingers for Eichel and O'Reilly to feed and we expect to put Reinhart on the 3rd line? 

What's funny is some people think he should be centering a magical 3rd line and somehow come away with 60-70 points, Who will be his wingers? Pominville? Deslaurier? If he's a 3rd line C we barely have enough good wingers for Eichel and O'Reilly to feed and we expect to put Reinhart on the 3rd line?

What's funny is how people still think that lines have to work in a rigid hierarchy from best to worst, that those lines don't change from game to game or throughout a game, or how many points are piled up on the power play.

What's funny is how people still think that lines have to work in a rigid hierarchy from best to worst, that those lines don't change from game to game or throughout a game, or how many points are piled up on the power play.

Well, in fairness, if he's slotted in on the ppg player's wing & gets to play w/ him on the top pp unit there is a very reasonable probability he'll score more than only getting pp time w/ that guy & taking regular shifts w/ Whiskey's favoritest player of all time instead (or even worse, being the centerpiece of the 2nd pp unit rather than the "garbage man" of the 1st unit).

I understand we don't have a lot of proven depth on the wing, but there is not reason why, for example, Jack/Pominville, Sam/Evander and KO/ROR can't be the basis of three balanced lines that skate 8-12 minutes of even strength action a game, with Housley juggling things depending on need

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.