Marco Scandella/Jason Pominville traded to Sabres for Ennis/Foligno

Brawndo

hehe I'm drunk

+1

sane.

+2, the spelling error lends authenticity.

Man, am I looking forward to next season. I had forgotten how much I enjoy offensive zone faceoffs after watching us finally gain the zone only to see Pominville shoot it right at the goalie's chest from the top of the right circle.

:devil:

Pair him with Kane :lol:

Does this deal anticipate a bigger role for Moulson?  After all we are down to one LW, and that's Kane and he is on the trade block.

Centers

ROR

Eichel

Reinhart

Larsson

LW

Kane

Moulson

Girgensons

Deslauriers

Smith 

RW

Okposo

Pominville

Baptiste

Fasching

Bailey

D

Scandella Ristolainen

McCabe Antipin

Bealieau  Bogosian

Gorges   Fedun

Falk

G

Lehner

Johnson (?)

Ullmark

Edited by GASabresFan

Is it just me or is it complete crap that three of the four are Sabres.  I'd rather have Pitlick, Nesterov (Russian factor) and Dwight King over those three.  Not to mention former Sabre, might be coming back to the fold Chad Johnson (bleh).  

Does this deal anticipate a bigger role for Moulson?  After all we are down to one LW, and that's Kane and he is on the trade block.

Kane ROR Okposo

???? Eichel 

I doubt it, I still think he's a spare...I think it's more likely that Nylander, Bailey, Baptiste or Rodrigues, or Fasching makes it into the line up more regularly.  Bailey still needs more seasoning / refinement to get polished.  Baptiste and Fasching probably have the best cases to be up next season. 

Is it just me or is it complete crap that three of the four are Sabres.  I'd rather have Pitlick, Nesterov (Russian factor) and Dwight King over those three.  Not to mention former Sabre, might be coming back to the fold Chad Johnson (bleh).  

I doubt it, I still think he's a spare...I think it's more likely that Nylander, Bailey, Baptiste or Rodrigues, or Fasching makes it into the line up more regularly.  Bailey still needs more seasoning / refinement to get polished.  Baptiste and Fasching probably have the best cases to be up next season. 

Always Girgs too, if he plays better next season. Also whatever free agency and/or whatever return there is for Kane if we trade him. I liked what we saw from E Rod last season.

Always Girgs too, if he plays better next season. Also whatever free agency and/or whatever return there is for Kane if we trade him. I liked what we saw from E Rod last season.

He played a few pretty solid periods for sure down the stretch in the final ten games or so.  

It's obvious that Bots thinks the Wild under utilized both Scandella and Poms. I can see Poms doing some damage this year on the PP and Scandella's numbers going up.

Ennis and Foligno were marginal talent and not much to give up for those two.

Still see Bots adding another D man. Think it's going to come via Kane trade.

I can see us adding another LW too, in addition to Bonino at C. He's a given.

Centers

ROR

Eichel

Reinhart

Larsson

LW

Kane

Moulson

Girgensons

Deslauriers

Smith 

RW

Okposo

Pominville

Baptiste

Fasching

Bailey

D

Scandella Ristolainen

McCabe Antipin

Bealieau  Bogosian

Gorges   Fedun

Falk

G

Lehner

Johnson (?)

Ullmark

He is?

was checking out some highlights of Scandella and yes, he can skate just fine and can jump up into the rush and score and pass very well. He is definately a great addition and was obviously under-used by Minnesota. Meanwhile I have no problem with a line of Jack with Pommers and Vanek. I do think we will trade Kane and the goals from Pommers and Vanek would more hen offset the goals we lose by trading kane

he has 1 year left....no reworking.....it will be a new contract

I don't think we re-sign him. Style of game is decent, one dimensional, but decent. But his next contract is payday for him I fear given that banger style he plays and age. He'll be entering that 26 -32/33 age where his style of play and goal production (note I didn't say point production) can get pricy.

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I think he'll be looking for 6.5 mil or there abouts for 4 to 6 years. Just my guess is all, but that gets pricy for a 1 dimensional player. No?

Reminder to all - Pominville only has one "m". Seeing a lot of Pomminstein

Pomminstein

Hey awesome, the Pominville double M filter still works.  LOL!!!!   I didn't think we'd ever see it in use again. 

Edited by Jsixspd

Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg!!!

Of all the ways for you to come back ... a welcome home from Pommers himself.  This is awesome.

I have been thinking and praying for you, as I just now saw your post concerning your situation.  I was on my annual Ramadan break when you posted about it.  Any updates?

I predict that Foligno will be Foligno. No loss for us but his energy will be welcomed by Minny. Ennis is going to light it up next year. The last of his lingering concussion symptoms will be gone and he learned from it and they feel like they won the trade.

Pominville will continue to be the consistently good, if boring, hockey player he always has been, a steadying force for our still very young team. And Scandella, under Housley, is going to be solid as hell and we feel like we won the trade.

Not a blockbuster, but still-

My two cents:

- I too will miss Foligno. His talents were limited but he was still a solid player and a very good soldier and he gave us everything he had.

– still, this trade seems like a definitive upgrade for the Sabres. I thought Minnesota was a deep-pocketed team, but this just seems like an asset sale for them. Perhaps they needed to free up cap space for a big move tomorrow.

– It is possible that Ennis finds his game and emerges as the best player in the trade, but this is realistically at best a 30% chance. If not, Toni Lydman 2.0 is clearly the best player in the trade.

– Speaking of which, Scandella is 6'3", 205, can skate and has played between 18 and 21 minutes per game for a playoff team for the last few years. That sounds like a lock for at least #3 in the Sabres' rotation, and quite likely Risto's partner.

– JBott has now turned over three of the Sabres' top six in a few weeks on the job -- and without mortgaging the family farm to do so. Pretty solid work.

-- Pommer never should've been made captain here, but he was a good little player for quite a period of time. I sure hope he has something left in the tank. We should not assume that he does – he had 11 and 13 goals in his last two seasons, and it sounds like he's lost a step. Still, I am about a million times happier to bring him back then I would be with bringing back Vanek, especially if this is what it took to get a good defenseman.

1) It's my understanding that Minnesota had to free up some cap space to extend Niederreiter and Granlund.

2) Pommer definitely isn't the 65 point player he used to be, but he's still an effective middle 6 forward who plays responsible defensively and can distribute the puck. He's also still a very solid possession player, posting over 52% for five straight years, as well as being plus at least 3.5 points relative to his team for the past four seasons. He's not a $5.6M hockey player, but I don't think it's a stretch to suggest he's a $4-4.5M player. Matt Moulson he is not.

Bring back the avatar!

Seconded.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.