Jack Eichel Contract Extension: Talks Occuring

WildCard

“I just think right now they’re grinding towards a deal,” indicated Friedman of contract talks between the team and the player’s camp. “It sounds like there’s a will on both sides. He  wants to get it done. They want to get it done. It sounds like there’s been some momentum.

“I remember – geez, right after free agency on July 1 – there were some people saying they thought that there had been momentum to it done.

“So I think they’re grinding their way. I think it’s going to happen. The question is just when. Part of me wonders if the Sabres and Eichel would like to do it at training camp, so they wait until then. But the fact is it sounds like there’s momentum going on and once they finish the grinding part of the contract they’ll get something done.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/friedman-eyes-key-remaining-nhl-contract-situations/

Yes.  Drinking coffee other than black should be outlawed. 

To each their own, but -- agreed.

Like any good parents, my folks tried to impress dozens of do's an don't's on me as a young lad. I'm not sure how many of them took (I know my mom's pleas to keep away from booze didn't (sorry, mom!)), but one that mos def did: Drink you coffee black.

It's funny, too. Both mom and dad explained the choice as both practical and considerate. The former because you'll never have self-created obstacles to having a cup of coffee; the latter because you'll never have to impose on a gracious host who offers you coffee.

Even eichel likes cream and sugar in his coffee.

Like Ad Rock said: I like my sugar with coffee and cream.

Max amount possible is a sort of funny way to phrase it, for a GM.

Error in the original tweet, though. Botterill says max amount OF term, not max amount AND term.

Or else we're getting Eichel at 8 x 15 million.

Ah, quite so. JBOT just saying he wants him for 8 years.

.@kevsylvester: "Btw a little birdie told me the Eichel deal might be done & that they're just waiting to announce it in September." #Sabres

The same source told him that GMTM and DD were being dismissed before it happened. FWIW

So, Tuesday, September 5, after the Labour Day Holiday Monday? That's my guess. And 8 years, 10 million per. That's my prediction.

Hope you guys are OK down there.

I'm not sure what affect Harvey is having in your area, but it doesn't seem to be in the Dallas / Fort Worth area.  Stay safe.

We've gotten just the outer fringe of the spiral arms, resulting in a few showers.  If it weren't for the knowledge of how bad it is a few hours south, we'd actually be enjoying the cool temperatures for August.  Down south though, it's very, very bad.  A lot of my friends have friends and family in Houston and the stories coming out of there are really terrible.  The call has come for anyone with a flat-bottom boat to go down there to assist with water rescues.  The authorities simply don't have enough resources.  :(

jsb lives down there.  He said he's okay, but there's horrible flooding south and east of his area.