Jack Eichel Contract Extension: Talks Occuring

WildCard

No way he's signing on a weekend, any weekend. Word will leak on a Monday and a press conference follows on Tuesday

I'm willing to bet that they already have something worked out.  They'll sit on it and wait to announce it until the right time where it generates the right amount of buzz.  I'm not sure what the best time would be, maybe right as camp is about to start, but they've got it picked out already.  They'll also be ready to push it up if some negative Bills story happens.  I'd do it the same exact way if I was in control.

I'm willing to bet that they already have something worked out.  They'll sit on it and wait to announce it until the right time where it generates the right amount of buzz.  I'm not sure what the best time would be, maybe right as camp is about to start, but they've got it picked out already.  They'll also be ready to push it up if some negative Bills story happens.  I'd do it the same exact way if I was in control.

How about now while all the good news keeps coming out of Bills Land.

Fwiw, Eichel was back in the Boston area last week and over the weekend (or so his Instagram indicated). It may just be a scheduling thing at this point.

I'm pretty sure I recognize the rink from that shooting video posted earlier.  I wish I could verify that to prove that I'm not crazy and imagining things.

I'm pretty sure I recognize the rink from that shooting video posted earlier. I wish I could verify that to prove that I'm not crazy and imagining things.

Eichel training in that apparently run-down rink was straight out of Rocky.

The post I saw most recently was re him playing wiffle ball at Little Fenway.

I'm pretty sure I recognize the rink from that shooting video posted earlier.  I wish I could verify that to prove that I'm not crazy and imagining things.

Eichel training in that apparently run-down rink was straight out of Rocky.

The post I saw most recently was re him playing wiffle ball at Little Fenway.

Looks like synthetic ice to me.  

Looks like synthetic ice to me.  

Which would explain why he's wearing shorts.  But the place I was thinking of is a three rink complex.  Actually, it's more of a 2.5 or 2.25 rink complex.  It has full size sheets on each side and then there's a tiny rink in between.  That's what it looked like to me, that tiny rink.  I've bumped into summer leagues at that place years ago where the rosters were full of local NHL and NCAA guys, so it's definitely a place I could see him getting in some work.

Didn't Jack fare poorly in the shooting drills for the team skills competition?

Or at least not nearly as well as expected given his hype?

I'm not sure. But skills competitions are meaningless so if he did have a poorer shot than Johan Larsson or something as judged by the competition, I'm not putting any stock in it.

I'm not sure. But skills competitions are meaningless so if he did have a poorer shot than Johan Larsson or something as judged by the competition, I'm not putting any stock in it.

All I am saying is, a top 5 shot in the league doesn't end up middle of the pack on his team in a shooting competition.

Jack is over-hyped here.  He's going to be the best we've had certainly since LaFontaine.  But there is some "concept of" in play as well.

EDIT- I watched the vids of the skills comp.  Jack was only slower than ROR overall.  Put him #2 on the team.  ROR doesn't finish at the top of these things at the All Star events he's been invited to.  Jack is better than my memory allowed, but he's not top 5.  Not yet.

Edited by We've

Eichel seems to have his thumb on the collective mindset of his team. Captainlike.

All I am saying is, a top 5 shot in the league doesn't end up middle of the pack on his team in a shooting competition.

Jack is over-hyped here.  He's going to be the best we've had certainly since LaFontaine.  But there is some "concept of" in play as well.

EDIT- I watched the vids of the skills comp.  Jack was only slower than ROR overall.  Put him #2 on the team.  ROR doesn't finish at the top of these things at the All Star events he's been invited to.  Jack is better than my memory allowed, but he's not top 5.  Not yet.

Huh? There's a heck of lot more to "Best shot in the league" than speed. Chara definitely doesn't have the best shot in the league...

As to the bolded, that's been the growing contrarian opinion going around. I disagree.

He's easily at least in the conversation for top 5 shot in the league. That's not over-hype or a concept because ROR had a harder shot in a meaningless skills competition.

Eichel seems to have his thumb on the collective mindset of his team. Captainlike.

Huh? There's a heck of lot more to "Best shot in the league" than speed. Chara definitely doesn't have the best shot in the league...

As to the bolded, that's been the growing contrarian opinion going around. I disagree.

He's easily at least in the conversation for top 5 shot in the league. That's not over-hype or a concept because ROR had a harder shot in a meaningless skills competition.

I'm not referring to the slap shot competition.

And LOL at being called a contrarian one post after labeling Jack as the best since one of the top 3 players in team history. 

Edited by We've