Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Unless you buy the idea that the 2013/14 interation of the Sabres was the necessary anchor required to decend us to the depths of pure awfulness expected (and required) (and achieved) of the 2014/15 squad.

No comment on its worth; only it's execution.

With as often as the worst team moves up at least a slot or 2, tanking a year early was foolish IMHO.

Looks like Sergachev is staying in the NHL:

Bryan Burns

Verified account @BBurnsNHL
FollowFollow @BBurnsNHL
More

Cooper was asked if Sergachev will play game No. 10 in Carolina. "There's a really good chance he'll be around tomorrow," he said, grinning.

Edited by Eleven

You weren’t around in 1984 when Housley Cyr Andreychuk Tucker Barrasso Lacomb Creighton was a clear indication of just how brilliant Scotty Bowman was.

To be fair, 2 HOFers and a 2 time sc champion isn't bad.

Looks like Sergachev is staying in the NHL:

Bryan Burns

Verified account @BBurnsNHL
FollowFollow @BBurnsNHL
More

Cooper was asked if Sergachev will play game No. 10 in Carolina. "There's a really good chance he'll be around tomorrow," he said, grinning.

That was a helluva trade by Montreal...  :blink:

Bogosian and Borgen to Vegas for Garrison.  (Cap related).  I'm just tired of seeing him on the IR and this team needs to just move on.  If we could buy a one year meh contract in Garrison to move out from Bogosian at the cost of William Borgen, or someone like Fasching/Baptiste.  I'm ready to dump and run. 

Bogosian and Borgen to Vegas for Garrison.  (Cap related).  I'm just tired of seeing him on the IR and this team needs to just move on.  If we could buy a one year meh contract in Garrison to move out from Bogosian at the cost of William Borgen, or someone like Fasching/Baptiste.  I'm ready to dump and run. 

Why give up an asset to get rid of a contract that is replaced by an equally bad contract this year.  No positive in year 1 of that deal.  I would consider something like that with Moulson at the end of the year where we can use the space in 2018-2019. 

Why give up an asset to get rid of a contract that is replaced by an equally bad contract this year.  No positive in year 1 of that deal.  I would consider something like that with Moulson at the end of the year where we can use the space in 2018-2019. 

Because Garrison is a UFA at the end of this season. It doesn't help this season but we don't need any cap relief this season because Eichel and Reinhart are both on their ELC until July 1st.

To be fair, 2 HOFers and a 2 time sc champion isn't bad.

To be even fairer, most of that happened after they left the Sabres ... 2 time sc champion for sure ... one of the HOFers scored 50 goals after he left the Sabres and won a cup as captain of a certain Florida team ... the other HOFer earned much of that honour as a Sabre.

I guess we just weren't patient enough

Scotty ... the pre DR, DR.

To be even fairer, most of that happened after they left the Sabres ... 2 time sc champion for sure ... one of the HOFers scored 50 goals after he left the Sabres and won a cup as captain of a certain Florida team ... the other HOFer earned much of that honour as a Sabre.

Scotty ... the pre DR, DR.

And don’t forget Gilbert scored 83 points that year. Another HOFer

Vegas beating Chicago 3-1 after 2 periods with their third string goalie.

Never would have believed their start to the season.

We all expect them to fail... and perhaps that's why they have no pressure.  If they continue to surprise Mr. Gallant will be this years Jack Adams recipient in a landslide. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.