Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

With what going back. I don't really see them having much to offer, unless it's a package of Chytil, Vesey, and Day?

has that stopped them in the past?

Everyone always sit there and think the big market teams won't do anything or be able to make deals because of lack of cap space, prospects or othee assetts, then the big market club gets the player....

Watching Leafs/Capitals on TSN, the panel (Bob McKenzie, Dave Poulin and Jeff O'Neill) chose Ovechkin, Laine and Kucherov's release over Matthews'. They are the few Toronto reporters who can be objective.

Leafs all over the Caps, but scoreless first.

While I agree with that particular conclusion, I really think we're hitting the point where it's not that TSN and Canadian media are slobbering over Matthews with incredible amounts of bias, that they're more correct over the past few months about Matthews than the fans of the other teams with their rose-colored glasses wanted to believe.

Like think about it - taking solace that something as particular as shot release, we're fine with this list because he's ONLY 4th in the entire league. 

Matthews is goddamn phenomenal.

I've watched enough games this year now that didn't have the Sabres as a combatant to realize one thing: This new wide open, fast skating, uptempo NHL is fudging boring.

If I want to watch bag skates, I'll go to a f'n practice

Give interference. Give me tight checking. Give me hitting any day.

At least something happens in those games.

Flame on all you Euro-Millenials.

I've watched enough games this year now that didn't have the Sabres as a combatant to realize one thing: This new wide open, fast skating, uptempo NHL is fudging boring.

Old man yells at cloud  :nana:

Edited by Randall Flagg

I'll take the tight checking and the hitting, but I like the game better w/o the interference.  I loved 2006-07 style hockey.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.