Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Karlsson is back, ahead of schedule, after having a chunk of his ankle removed, and has 6 points in 2 games.

He's probably the best player in the NHL right this moment. The dude controls the game for 30 minutes. He snuffs everything out on his end and then quarterbacks his team to all kinds of goals at the other end. So fun to watch. 

Just imagine him now if he still had the first few strides he did before that injury and before Cooke hacked his Achilles tendon in half with his skate.

Didn't see it mentioned..

Red Wings trade Riley Sheahan and a 5th in 2018 to Pittsburgh for Scott Wilson and a 3rd in 2018.  Clears space for Ahtanasiou.  Red Wings also traded Ryan Sproul to the Ranger for Matt Puempel.  

A lot of moves for a guy that's only signed for a year.  They better be able to lock him up.

Also Jagr out with LBI suffered in the 1st against Minny.  I hope it's not too serious.  He's coming up on Mr. Hockey's games played number.

He's on LTIR.  Is there a minimum for that?  And now with Subban gone, they're down to two guys with a combined 13 minutes of NHL experience.

IR is minimum 7 days. Is Vegas close enough to the cap that they need to use the LTIR designation?

Didn't realize Subban was also injured. That being the case, yeah, could see them make a claim on Niemi.

He's on LTIR.  Is there a minimum for that?  And now with Subban gone, they're down to two guys with a combined 13 minutes of NHL experience.

IR is minimum 7 days. Is Vegas close enough to the cap that they need to use the LTIR designation?

Didn't realize Subban was also injured. That being the case, yeah, could see them make a claim on Niemi.

It's a concussion for Fleury right?  So it's undetermined and it's a goaltender who will take more shots to the head this year.  I feel like they are regretting sending Pickard to the Leaves...

Maybe Dansk rocks the world out there.  Vegas was able to protect Subban a bit.  He didn't have much experience and couldn't make it in Boston (who probably wishes they had Subban back now).

It has just been brought to my attention that Arizona hasn't won a single game yet.  1 point after 8. 

If I were either of their fans I'd be hot...

I think of this every time a certain mod says how dumb the tank was, I think about how thankful I am to have Jack Eichel. 

It was always the defining aspect of what made 2015 as good a tank year as any: McEichel.

And the muddle that was Reinhart/Bennett/Dreisatl after Ekblad along w/ the shallowness of that season's talent pool was another indictment against starting the tank when they did. Regier chose the worst possible year to tank - not that there's ever a "good" time to do it.

And the muddle that was Reinhart/Bennett/Dreisatl after Ekblad along w/ the shallowness of that season's talent pool was another indictment against starting the tank when they did. Regier chose the worst possible year to tank - not that there's ever a "good" time to do it.

Unless you buy the idea that the 2013/14 interation of the Sabres was the necessary anchor required to decend us to the depths of pure awfulness expected (and required) (and achieved) of the 2014/15 squad.

No comment on its worth; only it's execution.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.