Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

They have to be willing to sign. If McDavid gets $13.25 million per year and Eichel convinces himself that he's just as good and he thinks he will prove it this season he's not going to sign and nobody can force him to. Same with Reinhart. Maybe he doesn't want a bridge deal and he tells GMJB where to stick that low ball offer. What if he wants a contract more similar to what Drouin got?

What do you do then? Break their knee caps or threaten to trade them? They can always just wait out the season and get their agent to solicit offer sheets in a year.

Or Reinhart can wait and not sign extention and get hurt and only play half the year and get offered a two year deal for 5million.

I also like the Hainsey signing 

Hainsey is such rubbish.  I find him to be as average as Taylor Fedun or Justin Falk.  Obviously he's better than that, but I don't think he's particularly more than average at anything. 

I also like the Hainsey signing 

are you being sarcastic? Hainsey and the over-inflated 3 year deal for Marleau are both things previous Leaf management use to do all the time then regret he next season...they were doing really good til this

in other breaking news. Colorado continues to make great and major moves by signing good old Nail Yakupov to a one year deal. How their GM keeps his job is beyond me...

Edited by Sabre fan

Boston officially has nothing left from the Seguin trade. All branches of the trade tree are empty. In just four years: http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/four-years-later-the-bruins-officially-have-nothing-left-from-the-seguin-trade

And yet thanks to Mc David, Chiarelli undeservingly finished in the top three in GM of the Year voting. It's unbelievable how people consider him a good GM

Or Reinhart can wait and not sign extention and get hurt and only play half the year and get offered a two year deal for 5million.

You're completely unrealistic. Even if that happens (1/2 season injury) there's no way in hell he signs for 2 years 5 million. All it takes is one team to offer him a better deal. Likely one that thinks he still has the potential to be a #1 center.

Reinhart has scored 11 more goals in his NHL career and 5 fewer points than Drouin despite being a year behind with respect to the draft eligibility. Drouin by most accounts is projected as a winger now and they tend to earn less than centers on average. If you think Reinhart is just going to suck it up and sign for Marcus Foligno type money you're crazy.

Edited by Drunkard

per Brian Wilde

McDavid's contract signed today expected to be 8 yrs 12.25 AAV, a little less than initially expected

That's good news for us since that means Eichel can't ask for 13mil at least. Hopefully we can get him at 10.5mil tied with Kane, Toews, and later Price

per Brian Wilde

McDavid's contract signed today expected to be 8 yrs 12.25 AAV, a little less than initially expected

Hmm. That does seem like good news. This may mean the Sabres can get him for something less than $10M.

I trust that TP would agree to structure the contract as much as possible so that the money is paid as bonuses (especially early on) and immune from the CBA re-opening. That might purchase them a lower total value and annual hit.

There were Tweets over the weekend to the effect that, for many owners, they just don't like paying those big early bonuses when there's no cash flow to support them. I suspect that TP is not one of those owners.

Does anyone have any understanding on the extent to which these bonuses can be used to circumvent the new CBA's prohibition on those off-a-cliff Marian Hossa type deals?

Edited by That Aud Smell

Trade incoming.....

Calgary needs a quality goalie, and we could use a D-Man.  Perfect fit.  Maybe take Lack off their hands.

Edited by Tondas

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.