Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

I'd be tempted to offer Grigs a 1 year >1mil contract to C the 4th line due to his faceoff ability. That is if we can't get a Bonino or a Boyle to fill 3/4th Center and can't get the wingers to play Reinhart on line 3.

He could have a spot in the NHL, but he needs to realize he isn't a top 6 player at this point.

Larsson has become what I hoped grigorenko would be.

Except Grigorenko never had a chance at being any sort of 3rd or 4th line center. He was only going to be a scoring forward, if he's not useless.

Wouldn't mind having him back though, before he got traded I wanted a 3rd line of Larsson Grigorenko and Zemgus :p

Chiasson might be worth giving a shot, 12 goals and 12 assists, bottom 6 rw if Gionta doesn't return.

Except Pittsburgh suddenly.  They want toughness.

Man, Grigorenko.  I really thought he'd develop into a #2 C.

Colorado looking to move Duschene AND doesn't sign Grigo.  Who do they have to play center?  Is Joken Hecht coming out of retirement?

Problem was he was never developed. Mike G. is the poster child for not rushing a prospect.

Problem was he was never developed. Mike G. is the poster child for not rushing a prospect.

He had 60 games in the Q, and 60 in the AHL after being drafted.     There was plenty of opportunity for him to develop.  

His problem is slow feet, he's simply not compatible with the modern NHL.

Fantastic article on why Ken Holland is no longer a good GM, and needs to be replaced in Detroit if they hope to have a successful rebuild

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/red-wings/column-holland-incapable-leading-red-wings-relevance/

Guys not wrong. They reached more than Buffalo when they took Lindstrom at #38. Rasmussen still baffles me because I don't think he is that good. I think the issue with not getting Chychrun has some merit for sure. Dante Fabbro was also selected just after that pick. All in all Detroit has been in a downward trend for years. They are kinda like Boston in that sense. Eventually the bottom just falls out. 

Guys not wrong. They reached more than Buffalo when they took Lindstrom at #38. Rasmussen still baffles me because I don't think he is that good. I think the issue with not getting Chychrun has some merit for sure. Dante Fabbro was also selected just after that pick. All in all Detroit has been in a downward trend for years. They are kinda like Boston in that sense. Eventually the bottom just falls out. 

For me the great part about that article was the cap management part. Never realized that about Holland

@HeleneStJames
Arizona Coyotes have received permission from Red Wings to interview  Todd Nelson. Just coached Grand Rapids Griffins to 2017 Calder Cup.

Probably the worst pick of the 1st round, his 5vs5 stats are a the level of a 4th round pick or lower.

This was a guy I was hoping we would stay well clear of. 

I understand he's worth it, but is anyone else amazed that a guy who's played just 1 season in the league is about to become the highest paid player ever?

Not really, he's undoubtedly one of the best players in the game right now and he's only going to be getting better.

I can see Jack getting 8.5-9 for a 5 year deal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.