Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

anybody see where David Backes returned from suspension for "interference" then almost took some guys head off last night? Got again thrown out with a match penalty intent to injure. I thought he was suppose to be a good player not a goon. also I keep seeing where Pittsburg guys get creamed into the boards and no one responds. in fact fighting in general is way down so just because the Sabres do not "respond" as many think they must does not really mean anything. most if not al teams now are not 'responding" as in the past where a brawl broke out if you dare hit the other guys.

anybody see where David Backes returned from suspension for "interference" then almost took some guys head off last night? Got again thrown out with a match penalty intent to injure. I thought he was suppose to be a good player not a goon. also I keep seeing where Pittsburg guys get creamed into the boards and no one responds. in fact fighting in general is way down so just because the Sabres do not "respond" as many think they must does not really mean anything. most if not al teams now are not 'responding" as in the past where a brawl broke out if you dare hit the other guys.

Nobody beats Father Time.

Evander Kane with his first career hat trick in Calgary Tonight

He got 4 tonight, in one game. 

That's equal to or more than

Larsson in 68 games

Nolan in 59 games

Josefson in 39 games

Baptiste in 21 games

Griffith in 21 games

Zemgus has 7 goals in 64 games

Bailey, Criscoulo<sp>, Fashing, O Regan, Moulson have 3 goals between them in 39 total games.

Man does JBots have some work to do.

He got 4 tonight, in one game.

That's equal to or more than

Larsson in 68 games

Nolan in 59 games

Josefson in 39 games

Baptiste in 21 games

Griffith in 21 games

Zemgus has 7 goals in 64 games

Bailey, Criscoulo<sp>, Fashing, O Regan, Moulson have 3 goals between them in 39 total games.

Man does JBots have some work to do.

wow. good thing BUF traded him.

San Jose really was the perfect fit for him, but I'm surprised by just how perfect it has been so far. Maybe we'll be getting that first rounder after all.

Combination of a locker room with strong veteran presence and the realization that his value on the open market isn’t as strong as once thought is the perfect fit. Good for him

Evander Kane was the best player on this team for nearly three months until he decided to,shut it down to protect his assets.

He was very good his entire time here.

He’s highly motivated and in a perfect spot to succeed.

No one should be surprised.

PS I am reasonably confident he will sign in San Jose, for three reasons:

It’s a good fit for him, a good fit for them and the cap space is there.

guess this proves that exGMTM was right...kane is a elite forward with great scoring skills and a true asset. meanwhile we got not much of anything for him. even if he resigns San Jose's 1st round pick in two years in what is projected to be a okay draft will be like 25th overall or somewhere around there as San Jose is always up in the standings. Therefore, it won't amount to much...hard to believe that's all we could get for this  very good player 

guess this proves that exGMTM was right...kane is a elite forward with great scoring skills and a true asset. meanwhile we got not much of anything for him. even if he resigns San Jose's 1st round pick in two years in what is projected to be a okay draft will be like 25th overall or somewhere around there as San Jose is always up in the standings. Therefore, it won't amount to much...hard to believe that's all we could get for this  very good player 

The return for rentals never amounts to much.  It is a damned near guaranteed downgrade for the team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.