Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Giroux and Voracek are deadly, Couturier is an elite defensive center who happens to be having a career year scoring a point per game, Simmonds is his usual self, and they've got some good young depth pieces like Patrick and Konecny who are starting to take advantage of the cushy minutes they get behind those guys. 

On D, they have 2-3 very good young players (and a bunch of garbage that will keep them from going too far, along with in goal). Once they get the rest of their nice young stable of defensemen integrated over the corpses, they'll be incredible if Giroux and Voracek are still good.

Seriously, how much better is the East going to be than the West, soon? If not already.

Apparently you can still buy tickets as of right now.  Sheesh.  

Currently watching Stars-Blues.  Dallas D is getting torn up, but Ben Bishop is stopping pucks, still 0-0.  Amazing concept.  

Yeah, I'm a tad bitter.

Annapolis is not an ideal venue for an NHL game.

Everybody: do yourself a failure and google Cam Fowler flying. Or similar verbs. Total meltdown just now in Anaheim-Columbus game. He covered himself in the opposite of glory...

I couldn't find anything

Same.  Just post it.  

Actually, that's a pretty good guideline when you have a great clip.  Just post it.

Lucic has no goals in his last 29 games.

Read something recently (was it posted here?), he has admitted that he needs to show up next season much lighter.  He knows the game he is built for is no longer a thing.  He needs to drop like 30-40lbs for next season.

I'm pretty sure he has like 5 years at 6+MM left on his contract,as well.

Something like that.

Read something recently (was it posted here?), he has admitted that he needs to show up next season much lighter.  He knows the game he is built for is no longer a thing.  He needs to drop like 30-40lbs for next season.

Yep. Ovie did it and looks great this year, so it's possible.

Speaking of Ovie, he got his 40th goal last night already. Amazing.

The biggest difference, I think, is Ovi could skate in the first place. Lucic was never fleet of foot.

Yeah, I don't think that Lucic is going to work his way into being a 40 goal guy that can again be considered fast, but I do think he can become a serviceable NHL player that isn't TOO far removed from just-post-prime Lucic.

Yeah, I don't think that Lucic is going to work his way into being a 40 goal guy that can again be considered fast, but I do think he can become a serviceable NHL player that isn't TOO far removed from just-post-prime Lucic.

He has 11 points when not paired with McDavid

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_production.php?chkForward=checkbox&selForward=L.ALUCIC%2CMILAN&situation=ALL&games=2017-2018%3AR%3A99&Submit=Show+Line+Production&sent=go

Something like that.

Yep. Ovie did it and looks great this year, so it's possible.

Speaking of Ovie, he got his 40th goal last night already. Amazing.

That's just absurd. Really hope this guy can finally win a Cup

Edit: Ovechkin averages 46 goals a season, over a 13 year NHL career; that's including the lockout year (excluding it it's 47/season). He sits at 598 total career goals, 20th of all time; he turns 33 in September. He probably has 6 years, left, and maybe, what? 150 goals left in him? That would put him at 4th all time, behind only Gretzky, Howe and Jagr. He's arguably a top 5 forward of all time, and he's doing it in an era where scoring is harder than ever. It will be interesting to see if he plays a few more seasons to pass Jagr

Edited by Jokertecken

Considering that prime Lucic includes running goalies and punching women, just post-prime Lucic is as good as it'll ever get.

Of course, there have been no hockey media-wide discussions of Lucic's "character". Wonder why?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.